It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bush Fights Back!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
WASHINGTON - Behaving more as if he wanted to be a late-night talk show host, President Bush began his campaign with a monologue-like attack on Democratic front-runner, John Kerry. Through witty one-liners Bush classified the the election as a choice between steadfast leadership and weakness in the face of danger.

www.kansascity.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">www.KansasCity.com �For tax cuts and against them. � For liberating Iraq and opposed to it,� he said, ticking off several other examples and adding the punch line: �And that's just one senator from Massachusetts.� Apparently our president feels it's not important to open what will be a very close and divisive campaign year with a discussion of actual issues. This first salvo of rhetoric is a clear warning of what is to come from both sides, making it increasingly difficult for voters to actually consider what the country needs. Related News: Reuters: Bush Says Democrats Offer Bitterness, Anger Washington Post: President Weighs in On Kerry South Africa News24: Bush: Year of the quick tongue Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion A Kerry presidency? Kerry/Edwards: Is the left shifting right? In other ATSNN.com News Ralph Nader to Announce Presidential Bid And here we have the set-up for another election year where the two sides focus more on differences than real issues that are important to average every-day people, and the rest of the world. ATSNN is the voice of AboveTopSecret.com, and Above Top Secret is a leading conspiracy website -- if there is one thing that intelligent and thoughtful consideration of possible conspiracy theories has taught us, it's be wary of distractions. A monumental distraction is forming before our very eyes. [Edited on 24-2-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
.....should only continue to distract the willfully ignorant.
If we are to believe that Bush's opening salvo is a distraction from substance, which it is, we must then look at the genesis point.
SUPRISE!! Bush has always been an empty suit void of any substance!!
Why should his campaign for his first presidential election be any different?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I have gotta say, good for him. The Dems have been hammering him into the dirt lately. At least he is fighting back. A person can only take so much before they have to retaliate, or face permanent defacement. Although you will all most likely put a spin on it, the Dems have been saying the same things for weeks. Turnabout is fair play, no?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Clearly Bush didn't claim that Mr. Kerry is and was not EVER a "waffler"....surely not?

"Bush Portrays Kerry As a Waffler"
story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040224/ap_on_el_pr/bush_campaign

Excerpt:

"In his 40-minute address, Bush mentioned none of the Democratic presidential candidates by name, but some of his sharpest criticism was unmistakably intended for Kerry.

"The other party's nomination battle is still playing out. The candidates are an interesting group with diverse opinions," Bush said. "They're for tax cuts and against them. They're for NAFTA and against NAFTA. They're for the Patriot Act and against the Patriot Act. They're in favor of liberating Iraq (news - web sites), and opposed to it. And that's just one senator from Massachusetts." His supportive audience erupted in laughter and applause."

BTW, good old DNC 'Terry' sure was quite evasive this morning when this was asked about.

The same man who said and currently still says that Bush is a "deserter" and a "felone, guilty of treason", and yet, when confronted on TV this morning by Katie....he likewise "waffles" and can't say on National TV what he can easily spout behind "close doors"....?!?

DNC got big gahunna's.....shrinking more and more, everyday?

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
You want to go quote for quote between Team Bush & America?
Team Bush wins hands down on the 'must retract & run away from that statement" category!

Some recent fecal nuggets:

"Food services jobs are actually manufacturing jobs"

" Offshore Outsoucing of white collar jobs is good for our economy"

" The NEA is a terrorist organization"

" War is Peace" ( oops! They haven't actually said that one yet, just implied it!
)

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I've been watching Bush defend himself on TV lately, and there's one thing I keep forgetting...

Is Bush a "war President"? For the life of me, I can't tell. He never refers to himself as a "war President", nor attempts to define the characteristics of a "war President" or convince America that being a "war President" is a good thing, or use the phrase "war President" 5 times a minute.

I think Bush should try to clear up all this confusion over exactly who is a "war President" and who is not a "war President" because I for one am confused on the whole "war President" issue.

Help me out, between Kerry, Edwards and Bush...which one is the "war President"? You know, when you say "war President" enough...it's like one of those words that lose all meaning. Try it... "war President, war President, war President." Now you've just recited Bush's last 5 and next 50 speeches. "War President"

What was I asking again? Oh yes, about "war Presidents". You know... I think Bush may be a "war President". Hmmm, someone should clarify that.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

ATSNN is the voice of AboveTopSecret.com, and Above Top Secret is a leading conspiracy website -- if there is one thing that intelligent and thoughtful consideration of possible conspiracy theories has taught us, it's be wary of distractions. A monumental distraction is forming before our very eyes.

Agreed. Keep your eyes and ears open people. I don't trust any of the candidates(ANY OF THEM) as far as I can throw them. (and that ain't very far) Something about Bush has always kinda bugged me, and the same goes for Kerry. The only ones who never bugged me were Lieberman and Sharpton.(the two who never had a chance) Something stinks here, be patient and watch.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If you like NASCAR or Golf or any male oriented broadcast or cable programming, get ready for the BUSH MEDIA BLITZ starting a long weekend this Thursday following Super Tuesday for the Democrats.

It's official. Bush will be taking a huge dip into his mega millions war chest this next weekend with $4 MILLION in ads slated specifically for macho men with the following messages: Saddam Bad, World Better Off, Economy Not My Fault.

The selection of sports oriented "REAL MEN" is the latest in Bush's effort to divide the campign along cultural boundaries following his announcement this week to 'protect us all from those whiney gays wanting the same rights as normal God fearing sports fans'...

God, I hate Bush. So start yer engines, and gimme a wood Caddie, but not a woodie cause I'm a straight shootin' Texan by God and I made twins come outta me when I wasn't flying fast, fast jets, course I wasn't no pansy flyboy, though I did spend some time in college as a male cheerleader, but I was drunk as hell then so it's not my fault.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Bush is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dead. Im sorry. No matter what he tries, compared to Kerry, he looks like a total wastoid bufoon. Decorated War Hero in Nam turned anti war protestor image outshines cokehead frat boy who went AWOL from the air national guard. Charismatic, smooth talking well spoken well bred senator from a well educated region compared to simian faced, pretzel choking cant spell the countries he bombs inbred texas govonor.

Descisions, descisions. I seriously think Bush is toast.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I would have to agree with ELF. Bush has absolutely nothing to run on.
I am dying to see Bush debate the nominee. It will be the funniest thing on t.v. all year. That pea-sized alcohol soaked sputtering brain of his malfunctioning all over the place.
(im laughing right now just thinking about it)

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
I would have to agree with ELF. Bush has absolutely nothing to run on.
I am dying to see Bush debate the nominee. It will be the funniest thing on t.v. all year. That pea-sized alcohol soaked sputtering brain of his malfunctioning all over the place.
(im laughing right now just thinking about it)

i kinda giggled a little bit myself just now reading that.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
While President Bush has been running the country, facing foreign threats, stimulating the economy, creating jobs, and standing on the priciples he was elected for believing in John, horse face Kerry, has been buttering both sides of his bread in almost all areas of politics. He is the quintesential career politician who will say whatever it takes to grab and then hold power and I think America is sick of that kind of crap. President Bush aside from a few policy changes and one liner snafoos has said what he believed was the right thing to do and then did it. Kerry cannot even begin to hold up to that kind of honesty. If the Democrats wanted to make a serious run at the white house they should have nominated Edwards who is charismatic and has a relatively short and thus difficult to attack political history. He would have been the man to beat the President.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
"Decorated War Hero in Nam turned anti war protestor image outshines cokehead frat boy who went AWOL from the air national guard."

erm... correct me if im wrong... but wernt the american people against the vietnam war?. (just they theyre against the iraq war, apparently.)
i think u people just have personal issues with bush. maybe because of his accent or something? i think ur most probably confused because you dont actually know what you want. i'd vote for whoever can get this world closer to world peace.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
No, no, no.

We have problems with Bush, beyond the obvious that he is an evolutionary joke, in the fact he has run this country into #.

Stimulate the economy? What form of mind altering subtsance have you inhaled? Unemployment went down statistaclly because unemployment benefits have ran out and expired. Thus, those people legally registered as unemployed have dropped. Doesnt mean they have jobs.

They statics also fail to reflect people who were say, Boeing Engineers who now work at starbucks and at the grocery store because they cant find other work. Thier incomes have been slahed to near nothing, thier standard of living has spiraled downward, ect.

Bush stimilated the economy? Get Real.

Foreign threats? What foreign threats? 9/11 was a govornment conspiracy with foreign henchmen hired. I dont feel any more endangered after 9/11 than I did before, and I dont feel any safer now that we leveled Iraq.

Not to mention Bush is a fascist right wing ass kissing dictator of the Taliban model.

top topics

join