It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

google UFO seen near wales

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I'm sure there is an explanation for this but....

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
wow,that's quite some image.

even though it's in the sun,it's a researchable thing.

*pootles off to google maps*

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Interesting... but a few things.

The sun is not very reliable. They did not give us any coordinates for us to look it up ourselves. And it is April the 1st, might be a April fools joke.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Thats pretty cool ! it is a pitty it is the sun who got the story, there are quite a few UFO's caught on google earth of late, they all need to be logged before google earth is censored more and these things are covered over, i would be interested what the debunkers have to say about this? they have to come up with an explanation i havn't heard yet.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

just look off the coast of Bristol. Surely cant be that difficult to find. I'd say its just an Easter egg though to be fair... Bit of free publicity and all

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Interesting... but a few things.

The sun is not very reliable. They did not give us any coordinates for us to look it up ourselves. And it is April the 1st, might be a April fools joke.

sorry,direct link didn't owrk.

maps.google.co.uk...:en-GB
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl

if you go there,and then put in Barry,or just scan around the south coast of wales till you find it,then follow the coast west,you can zoom in on it pretty well!!
second edit...it's right under Gileston and St Athen.
[edit on 1/4/2008 by Acidtastic]

[edit on 1/4/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Yeah I was just about to post that I found it on google earth.

What kind of material do you guys think this is, it almost looks like rock to me?

If it was a moving boat there would be a trail. So either it's an object that is floating about not moving, or it's an actual UFO.

Do you think it is hovering, or actually on the water?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
it looks like it's hovering,look at the shadow!,and if you zoom out a bit,it kind of looks like there's a V shape in the water behind it,but it is faint,so it could just be me seeing what i want to see.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
its 51'22'33.65*N and 3'24'28.38*W

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Hi guys, I seen this on the sun this morning, and I've already done a little research. before anyone gets their hopes up, I've found the exact same object in what looks like the exact same place on Microsofts virtual earth, if maybe someone can find them both and do a print screen and but them on here for everyone to see that would be great (I would but I'm at work).

the res is better on microsoft, and it looks more shiney... This object must be stationary.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
trying to find pictures of Aberthaw coast, of which is looks situated, this is the closed i've come to.

www.gofishing.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Anyone know what those 2 big circualr "buildings" are just on the coast line?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
There's a very simple explantion

1. check today's date#

2. check the name of the 'UFO reporter'

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Okay, but i'd like to know 'what it is'

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Avril Thirst,does sound alot like April First.

buggerations.

I guess if this is not still on google maps tomorow then it's case closed.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Its on microsoft vitual earth

[edit on 1-4-2008 by smeg0rz]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I dont think its a UFO, looks to me like a stucture submerged in the water, that is judging by the way the water ripples around it, but the shadow does throw me off a little.

Theres an old reservoir near my town with a circluar tower in the centre which was used to gauge the depth of the water once. Quite conincidental really, cause I walked up there at the weekend and its all been drained so theres not much water left in there... but ill have a look on google earth and see if theres an image which shows a similar thing to that 'UFO'.

[edit on 1/4/2008 by lezvigi]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
IT IS A WATER INLET FOR THE POWER STATION AT RHOOSE POINT.

NOTHING AT ALL STRANGE.

I HATE APRIL FOOLS DAY !!!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Well,it's gone mid day here in England. Aren't april fools jokes supposed to be all ok by now? I see it's still there.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Also,I've just got back from the pub,and i checked the sun newspaper that they had in there,and i couldn't see it in there. Surely if they were going to do a april fools joke,then it'd be in there too. (I did see a tortoise addicted to smoking,with the name of a Chinese woman Li Yun which almost sounds like lying.)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join