It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

google UFO seen near wales

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

can't find any pictures of that on the web.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hmm..

1) There are plenty of anomalies on Google Earth.

2) The Sun did THIS as an April Fools joke when they regularly post ridiculous articles?

3) The Sun manufactured a fake image to put in Google Earth and Virtual Earth?

I'm confused.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Wow found it on google Earth.

It's cool. it's exactly 30 m in diameter.
You can see it is flying in a NW direction from the long wake. You can also see circular waves in front of the directin it is flying. That's pretty strange.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Dr X]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
And I found it on the current Ordnance Survey Map

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

As an April Fool we reported that eagle-eyed internet surfers picked out the mysterious saucer hovering over the Bristol Channel, south west of Barry.

However the round object was just the top of a water outlet for a power station.

Did they just update this post??

It says its a joke!!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
yes and as i pointed out 6 posts back ....it is a water inlet !!!!

i really do hate april fools day, it causes so much trouble for sites like this

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Yes, because a) it was a joke and b) traditionally we only plays such jokes until midday

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk
yes and as i pointed out 6 posts back ....it is a water inlet !!!!

i really do hate april fools day, it causes so much trouble for sites like this

I dunno. I find it quite informative. People wanted to believe it was a UFO and so became defensive and dismissive towards alternative explanations. The same happens on ATS every day.

But today, we get to see that the alternative explanation is proven correct. Maybe some people might learn from this? Jumping to a conclusion because you want the conclusion to be true is not always the best course of action.

However, it's always possible The Sun has been nobbled by the Reptilians and been forced to pretend it was an April fool's joke ......

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
They got me....:-D

Bloomin sun.. should've known really.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Just realised that I typed in the edit didnt come up... hmm.

Checked on Google Earth what I was refering to and theres nothing worth showing anyone. Im still convinced its a stucture in the water though, nothing more, it looks like concrete. Id hazard a guess at saying it must be at least 15feet in diameter also.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lezvigi

please see my previous two posts.......trust me it IS a water inlet for the power station. i have seen it with my own eyes as i used to live in Rhoose.

snoopyuk

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I didnt realise the thread had gone into 2 pages or else I wouldnt have said that how I did.

An april fools had me earlier, was about a large hill we've got in our area (which is kind of pyramid shaped) actually being a buried pyramid and some archeologist was coming to excavate it. I didnt realise it was April 1st though when I was reading it, bloody thing had me excited as hell!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It was an April Fool
The picture of our "UFO" is there :

www.thesun.co.uk...

[edit on 1-4-2008 by jcandli]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
*feels a little silly*

*giggles*

edit-A mad has to change this to "Google water tower,seen near Wales"

[edit on 1/4/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jcandli

Okay, that makes more sense than "The Sun manipulating Google Earth". Still, it was an oddly subtle prank for the Sun. It fit in too well.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Today might just be a good day to shut down ATS altogether for maintenence and upgrades if needed.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by gauncents]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hmm.... this seems like an.... APRIL FOOLS! LOL

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by t0minit8107

Of course it's easy for me to say this now that the cat's out of the bag but I didn't think it was a UFO at all. Unless the UFO was flown by the Flintstones. It looks chipped, dirty and made of rock....

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lezvigi

An april fools had me earlier, was about a large hill we've got in our area (which is kind of pyramid shaped) actually being a buried pyramid and some archeologist was coming to excavate it. I didnt realise it was April 1st though when I was reading it, bloody thing had me excited as hell!

If you see an internet link let meknow - I need to stop Sam Osmanagic ('discoverer' of the Bosnian 'pyramids') from seeing it - or the story might come true! LOL!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I really do fear for people.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join