It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoaxers and Liars and their Unrevealing Secrets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I just read through the post that has been appropriately stamped [HOAX]. I find it quite hilarious that these people with unimaginable information can sneak out of their Human-ET collaborating facilities unnoticed. Then, when they reach a computer and decide to tell all of us lovely ATS members about their journey and the secret operations they are involved in they are not allowed or willing to divulge these secrets.

I'm having trouble understanding then, why these "in-the-know" people (let's call them people for now) would bother going through the trouble of risking their lives just to post a thread on a message board without telling these secrets. It would seem their escape from the secret facility they were employed at was only to tell us they worked there and that they are or have been involved in fascinating things. Though, not fascinating enough to tell us what these astounding events are.

However, it doesn't stop there. They would like to remain anonymous and would rather not say where their from or what country they live in because they don't want to be found out for telling us the secrets that they never told. Completely understandable. I always thought that IP addresses were traceable, no? Not by me, but by the ultra superlative top secret facility that they escaped from. I would also assume that this facility forgot about security, purposefully let this "person" escape, or would capture them long before they reached a computer, and if they failed to find this person before they reached a computer then they would have no problems tracking where the person is at. Having in mind that the escapees main objective is to share their secrets that they can't seem to actually share. Selfishness?

I'm a skeptical believer, but enough is enough. It's easy enough to buy into silly scams just on simple faith and will. Nobody needs their eagerness exploited. It's one thing to believe a lie you tell for one reason or another, it's another to purposefully attempt to trick people in a sinister manner.

In a short summation, vagueness is your first clue of a fabrication. If they don't offer anything specific (names, places, times etc.) then let your instincts and truth prevail and do not let yourself be dazzled by schemers and thieves.

I'm sure things of this nature have been said. I did not search to see if I was being redundant. Please excuse and delete this post if it is found to be repetitive.

Thank you everyone!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Anyone care to add to this? Skeptics? Believers?

Am I all by my lonesome?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Personally, I think that hoax's can be just as useful as the real deal. True or not it accomplishes 2 things:
1. It brings more attention to the UFO phenomenom
2. It helps to expand the imagination.
I would be more than happy if ET was here to help. My concern, however is on mankinds potential, and I believe the larger our imagination, the more potential we have. I have no doubt that eventually the questions reguarding ET will be completly answered. In the meantime, if someone puts fourth the effort that some have to create these (for lack of a better word) impressive hoax's.. let them have their spotlight. Obviously they need it.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Amplifeye
(laughingly...) Oh come on now, try to have an open mind about what other humans are proclaiming is true, okay. You don't suspect your typical average human would lie and spread made-up disinformation, would you? In these modern times, everyone should be considered telling the truth until otherwise proven wrong . . . don't you know?

Seriously though, I wonder if they realize they are sabotaging that which they are not being honest about when they make this stuff up and try to proclaim it is true. Traitors they are.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ogre14t

It may bring attention, but negative attention isn't always good. Most people know about the UFO "phenomena" and negative attention can turn people away from the subject and dismiss it as entirely fake. I constantly go back and forth with what I believe to be possible. These type of things offer me no hope whatsoever in beginning to believe others no matter how much I would love to.

If anything I was more stating how ridiculous some of these false claims can be. It's fruitless to hoax because in the end it's all fake anyways, whether someone buys into the stories or not. If I was more gullible I'm sure I would fall for some of these silly lies. I want to bring it to the attention of whoever chooses to open this thread to look out for these people. It's nice to have hopes, but it's better to have them remain hopes than to give them up when you find out someone lied to you.

The imagination is a wonderful thing and I can say that I have a very active on myself. However imaginations shouldn't play a part in trickery, they should be a part of entertainment. Of course some of these hoaxes are indeed laughable, but the truth is chances are we don't really know what is and is not possible. Someone will come along one day with a wild story and we'll dismiss it as another jokester and he/she could very well be relaying a 100% genuine message or story. Many people have stated that, it is very true though. I think however these truthful people will be much more cooperative.

I ramble. Attention is good but not all attention is necessarily helpful.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Haha. Yes, yes.

I'm not sure if the word traitor is appropriate. That would imply they were once on our side. Perhaps it is the right term.

Anyways. I would like to one day know the truth, but it seems that between the liars the delusional and the misinformed, that the truth may be truly far away. All of these claims of 2012 and disclosure, and how they're JUST on the horizon waiting for time to drift us to them. It all sounds wonderful and nice, and believe me, I WANT to believe. I just can't take it to heart when these things are said over and over. Too many lies are being perpetrated that the truth may be mixed in and to the casual observer they might be indistinguishable from one another.

My apologies for the double post.

-Dean

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think ultimitly the truth will come. I just think things as they are now, it is near impossible to tell truth from hoax. cgi has come a long way and every day it gets harder to tell what faked. While I wait for the grand day where truth is a commonplace, I have theory and imagination.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ogre14t

I imagine all we can do is wait with bated breath. Sometimes I wonder if ANYONE is telling the truth. Too difficult to tell. Sometimes I think they could all be delusional. I don't think that's the case though.

Maybe we will cross a particle field in 2012 and ascend. Lovely and all but I don't think I'm going to hold my breath for 4 years for that. Great as it sounds.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Amplifeye

I would much rather be open minded and fall for a few hoaxes rather than close minded and constantly suspecting whatever debunkers is they suspect.

In fact I have seen several threads such "aliens paved my driveway", "pokeman exists" "mass sightings in the future" that should have been locked and the posters banned not done so but when people claim to have worked in secret facilities they get treated with extreme hostility.

Seems to me like ATS has been deeply infiltrated with debunkers and disinfo agents to the point where its not much of a conspiracy site anymore.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I'm under the impression that you haven't quite read the entire thread, possibly not even an entire post. I've said at least once, I think several times even, that I DO believe but i do so skeptically. I never said it's bad to believe.

Actually. On another note, why would you want to be duped by a hoax? To reassure yourself that you are open minded? Being gullible and being open minded have two different definitions my friend. Might I ask you to reread this thread with an open mind? I think if you did, you would find beneath the sarcasm, a serious point of discussion. Perhaps not.

Sorry if my post offended you. That was not my intention at all. I intended to lightheartedly bring to your attention the contradictions in stories and to keep an eye peeled. If you want a good story I urge you to read Ender's Game or any highly regarded science fiction novel.

As they say. If it's too good to be true, then it probably is.

I would once again like to reiterate that I am NOT a debunker nor am I a close minded skeptic. By no means at all. I am a skeptical BELIEVER. I cautiously take in peoples accounts and stories and findings. I just think it's unfair for someone to deceive and hoax. Life, however, is not fair.

Thanks again.

-Dean

EDIT: Fixed a spelling error
silly me.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Amplifeye]

top topics

join