It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God real or not

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
everybody i need help with my faith i know there is something out there but i dont know if there is actually a god because there is so many facts that say there isnt and it makes so much sense

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/31/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The creator (god), is real. But its just that people have different ideas on what he does or did.

Some say that when america say god bless america, they really are saying lucifer bless america. lol

In religions the people at the bottom believe in what people at the top of there religion believe in, so what god are americans talking about when they say god bless america.

Not the one you think, lol.

And lastly there are no facts that say there is not a god, just your misunderstanding on the different ways people believe in him.

[edit on 3/31/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
What a way to build points!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I think you need to do alot of research and decide for yourself, thats what i did But just remember that god gives free will to all his sons and daughters and in doing so he cannot send you somewhere against your will(like hell) I believe much of what is in the bible is meant to control you, and alot of figures in the bib le are nothing more that astrological symbols. Google "zeitgeist" and watch it if you want to learn somethings.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Stimey

its simple

god is real,

if you beleive in him...

god does not exist, if you dont beleive in him..

take yer pick

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think he is better watching fritz springmeier on youtube or something, he will explain the different ways of believeing in god. You may be one way but not know it.

Just remember also when people say god, they may not mean the god of the bible also.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
my answer: who knows?

but i don't really see a good reason to believe that one exists.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I feel completely drawn into these type of threads. I think mostly as a result of an entire life of devotion to Jehovah. (the Christian God)

But now I am an Agnostic who believes there is much more out there than a black and white.

What most of these people are saying is exactly the truth. Which God do you want to believe in? It's a question that could take the rest of your life to answer.

The most important thing is knowing who YOU are. Knowing what you're looking for. You might find peace in Christianity, or Islam, Wicca, or several other different religions.

As they have said... do your research. No one can say, "There is a God, and you should serve Him". It's all about you as a person. And what you want.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
God has a plaque on his desk that reads "I Believe in Me"

That should clear it up for you.

P.S. God was in a lawsuit with the makers of Crystal light claiming that they stole his slogan, however god didn't show for the trial so they threw it out.

In all seriousness. If you want to know if god exists or not take a look at the platypus and tell me god didn't make that to screw with Darwin.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

In all seriousness. If you want to know if god exists or not take a look at the platypus and tell me god didn't make that to screw with Darwin.

Hmm... genetic engineering gone wrong. So this is why the aliens stopped tampering with us?! lol

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

oh no that was when they created Rosie O'Donnell They were trying to cross breed an elephant with a pig and Rosie popped out. They ended the project immediately.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
ha ha... nice.

... I have no further questions.

However, I do have an idea about a new thread: "What Do You Get When You Cross...?" It would be entirely popular. heh

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
What about looking to the higher dimensions?

As we've seen in other posts, to a 2-dimensional being, a mere 3-dimensional being is a minor 'god'.

The 3-D'er can be perceived by the 2-D beings as a disembodied voice, able to lift them up like a piece of paper and deposit them back in Flatland at any location, instantaneously. The 3-D'er can see in all their houses and nothing is hidden from them with the briefest glance.

Wow. You really get an idea of how much more powerful being just one dimension higher makes you.

Now for higher dimensions, especially above 3-D, it takes more of a difference to elevate the higher-D being to that of 'god', or 'a god'.

But first a comment about 'hidden dimensions'. Here's an easy way of thinking about it.

Take a line. The Flatlander sees this as a set of connected points. But in reality it has 'hidden dimensions'. Consider it's actually a very, very flat tube. Thus, it has other dimensions, but they're curled up or too small to show up as an obvious characteristic. That's how we have a 10 or 11 dimensional universe.

To continue the analogy, to a 3-D being, a 7th dimensional being looks like 'god'. They can see everything about us, nothing is hidden, they can just pick us up in the space-time line and deposit us anywhere (iow be in complete control of us anywhere between birth and death and at any 'time'.) They would be totally invisible, or unsee-able, but could still manifest as a disembodied voice, or any other method they chose.

Now -that's- real power. A being as powerful as 'God', is the same thing as one.

Disturbingly, since there are three more dimensions above the 7th, there would be a possibility of there being a 9th dimensional 'god of gods', but at the 9th and 10th dimension, any 9th or 10th dimensional being would probably not be aware of any specific 3-dimensional beings. Their domain would be all possible universes of all possible times in all possible Multiverses.

2 cents.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Stimey

Based on logic and the a lack of evidence there is nothing to point to the existence of god or gods. Besides even if you think other wise you face a maze of current and historical beliefs . Well that is my 10 cents.

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Stimey

I do believe in God, however maybe not the traditional big guy in a white robe sitting on a cloud with a highly impressive beard.

When thinking about it, it almost makes your brain hurt.

When dealing with the universe, you start to see that possibilities are not finite.

All things (and not just things but EVERYTHING, if that makes any sense :ham
Are infinite. Everything that we as humans see as "reality" is merely energy, and energy never ever ever ever ever stops or disappears, it ethier slows down, or speeds up. Therefore, if you believe that then you must believe that your "lifeforce" is merely energy.

First, you must come to the conclusion that you are here, right now, living and aware of yourself and your exsistance. Not only that, but you also have a past. Now, (try and keep up) if you realize you have a past, and that you are living RIGHT NOW...therefore you MUST have a future, an INFINITE future. Because if you if you did not have an infinite future...then you would not realize right now that you exsist.

We live in 3D, and we are constrained by the rules of the 4th (time) Now, going back to the infinite universe, there must be infinite dimensions.

God, in my opinion is the "string" or "chain" that binds all these possibilties together.

Now, God COULD be another being in another dimension that merely thought up our exsistance, and...here we are. Ergo also true that any thought you have ever had might have created the existance of another reality.

Because if all matter is merely energy, and you used energy to create another tangent, then it DOES exsist, on some level or another, and the existance of the reality you created maybe has no clue to its own exsistance.

But all things are connected, and this connection is "God" the supreme power of binding energy.

I probably didnt explain everything. But maybe you can form your own conclusion.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by meremortal

god is real,

if you beleive in him...

god does not exist, if you dont beleive in him..

You are saying that belief determines reality. No, it can only affect a person's PERCEPTION of reality. What you say is actually the basis for many people's lives these days, (although I hope that perhaps in your case you are just being facetious in order to provoke discussion...) People have swallowed this bunkum like cattle. They drink it in from the mass media, and it numbs their critical faculties like alcohol and drugs.

Your statement, if correct, would mean that if he whole human race dropped dead, there would be no reality. Get a grip, and stop misleading people.

In reality God is real whether or not anyone believes it. He put your soul into a body and gave you perhaps 80 years to figure it out. To save you from the foolishness of philosophy (which has never provided anyone with a satisfying answer to the question of why we are here, or who we are, for that matter - it's just an endless conveyor-belt of questions and suggested answers) - he spoke for millenia about how he would come to the world as a man (the prophesies in the Old Testament), then came in the person of Jesus Christ.

To leave us in no doubt he displayed control over the natural elements ("What kind of a man is this? - even the wind and the waves obey Him!" [Matthew 8:27]), over human physiology - healing blindness, deafness and paraplegia with a word (on numerous occasions) - and over death itself (on several occasions, including his own). Not to mention his knowledge of what people were thinking, his ability to create food, to fulfill prophecy, to fortell the future near and far, to answer questions in such a way as to silence every opponent, and to live a life of such quality that the only fault even his enemies could ever find in him was that he claimed to be God.

Wake up. This beautiful planet, although mired by human wickedness, in all its intricacy and interlocking interdependent systems, lifts its voice unceasingly to mock atheism. And the Creator is not silent. He showed Himself once in blazing glory: Jesus Christ. He perpetually bears witness to Himself in writing: the Bible. Ignore it, deny it, despise it. But you can't affect historical fact and objective reality by your thoughts.

Come on. Think again. Here's some more evidence:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

There is more to this life than meets the eye. And the best is yet to come...

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Oh, G-d the Father does exist somehow. It's only when our self-centered, ego-based 'prayers' are not answered that some of us 'choose' to believe G-d does not exist. When unexpected and unexplained 'interventions' do occur, thank G-d. It's that simple.

[edit on 2008-4-1 by pikypiky]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
yes, naturally, it depends on what you mean by God. If you mean some patriarchal fire and blood biblical god, well...all you really need to do is pay attention. If a bunch of people are telling you that there is a god who reigns down destruction, parts waters, performs vast miracles, and talks to people, well all you need to do is look at the world around you to see that this is obviously not true. I would imagine your experience and your reason are the best guides for you to go by.

new topics

top topics

join