It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Masonic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
If I were to say to you that I am a stranger traveling from the East, seeking that which is lost...?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I don't know if the Masons have anything to do with the quote but it can be found in the movie, "The Mummy Returns".

Welcome to ATS by the way.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
And the response would be: "I am a stranger traveling from the West, it is I whom you seek."

Or so it goes in hollywood land...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
North, East, South, West, it's all good.

Seriously what difference would it make? It's their play.....

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Questionableone
If I were to say to you that I am a stranger traveling from the East, seeking that which is lost...?

...if you're Michael Cain or Christopher Plummer...

Never caught that in the Mummy Returns; however it is prominent in the movie "The Man Who Would Be King."

If someone asked me that way, I would answer them with a question.

Choronzon: Only in Hollywood.

[edit on 3/31/08 by The Axeman]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Questionableone

Opium

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
is there a mason out there who could tell me.......Can I not being a mason with unlimited funds start my own lodge? will there be some one there to stop me from doing that? are the masonic symbols copyrighted? Can i copyright my own bible as you have? can i start a non christian lodge?i am a stranger traveing from above who seeks tha which is lost below..........

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by the basset hound
is there a mason out there who could tell me.......Can I not being a mason with unlimited funds start my own lodge? will there be some one there to stop me from doing that? are the masonic symbols copyrighted? Can i copyright my own bible as you have? can i start a non christian lodge?i am a stranger traveing from above who seeks tha which is lost below..........

First, you'd have to be a Regular Mason in good standing.

You'd then have to have a Charter from the Grand Lodge of whatever state you are in. There is a process; you can't just set up shop and say "OK, we're a Lodge of Freemasons!"

You'd also need enough brethren with you to operate the lodge. There are requirements for being able to "work."

Funding is only part of it.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by the basset hound

All Lodges are non-Christian inasmuch as they are non-sectarian fraternal societies..

In order to start a Lodge, you yourself would have to be a Master Mason, and would have to petition the Grand Lodge of your state, along with other Master Masons, to grant you a Charter authorizing the formation of a new Lodge.

If you just set up a Lodge on your own, without even being a Mason or having a Charter, it would of course be a fake.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
If you just set up a Lodge on your own, without even being a Mason or having a Charter, it would of course be a fake.

Not to say that there aren't lodges that have been started by non-masons.

These lodges are considered irregular/nonrecognized lodges by the United Grand Lodge of England. And any Mason who visits an irregular lodge may have his membership suspended.

Prince Hall lodges were at one time considered irregular lodges I believe, but they are now recognized by the UGLE if I'm correct.

[edit on 3/31/2008 by Choronzon]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon

Prince Hall lodges were at one time considered irregular lodges I believe, but they are now recognized by the UGLE if I'm correct.

True. But the Prince Hall system was founded by legitimate Masons. A Grand Lodge cannot recognize a society founded by non-Masons.

top topics

join