It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hadron Collider Game - prediction!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I would like to start a game based on the prediction of the Hadron Collider at CERN in Geneva Switzerland. I predict, that tests will either be prevented from occuring, or some cosmical event will allow to put that to the side for a very long time.

From scanning the energies behind it - the 'God' Particle will be too overwhelming in physical reality at this moment, there's only a handful of people who could sustain such a surge of electrical power up the spine (Kundalini Activation).

So here's my vision on stoping this from occuring.

Currently listening to:

Seal: Kiss from a Rose

I remember when i bungee jumped, this was the song playing on the radio behind me, and is on the video!!

Talk about descending into hell. LOLOL!

[edit on 30/3/2008 by Im a Marty]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
You know you have started a thread in the ATS sponsored games category don't you?

This is for ATS sponsored games, which they've had several over the years.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
You know you have started a thread in the ATS sponsored games category don't you?

This is for ATS sponsored games, which they've had several over the years.

Ben, when I wrote it, I didn't know it was an ATS sponsored games thread, however, the way things are going at the moment, anything is possible.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Even more profound (IMO) is the simultaneous "flipping-on-the-switch" of the exponentially faster world-wide network dubbed "the Grid".

My understanding is that the LHC in Switzerland was deemed unable to process the enormous quantity of data that will spew forth from the collector once activated later this summer. Thus, a "new" network protocol and technology superstructure had to be invented to accommodate it. The result was a revolutionary change in the way network data packets are assembled and transmitted.

Prediction: this "Grid" technology will completely replace the WWW/Internet as we know it today. Gone will be the bottlenecks of copper wires and network cables squeezing tons of data through what is essentially a telephone backbone.

Instead, we'll finally able to stream data unhindered by the physical limitations of tons of copper and obsolete switching mechanisms. Fiber optics and light-speed devices designed specifically for the new bandwidth will allow entire movies to move across the planet in 1-2 seconds, huge libraries to zip around the globe instantaneously, etc.

Watch for "the Grid". Prepare to say "bye-bye" to the traditional Internet.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
how does this internet power compare with the internet power dupposed to be being produced by researchers in Southampton Universily into fiber optics in computers, 5 years ago their project leader stated they would have a net speed of 1 million times the current speed within the next 20 years. Two years later when I spoke to him again, he said research was progressing so quickly he was likely to have a finished project somewhere in the near future with the hope they'd be available within the public domain by 2015 if it is a race on the same tech, who will come first?

as for now, i'm saving up for an optical computer...

Prediction I will gamble on the availability by 2015. As far as the swiss project is concerned I'm afraid I'll back the guys in the UK to get there first...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Even more profound (IMO) is the simultaneous "flipping-on-the-switch" of the exponentially faster world-wide network dubbed "the Grid".

My understanding is that the LHC in Switzerland was deemed unable to process the enormous quantity of data that will spew forth from the collector once activated later this summer. Thus, a "new" network protocol and technology superstructure had to be invented to accommodate it. The result was a revolutionary change in the way network data packets are assembled and transmitted.

Prediction: this "Grid" technology will completely replace the WWW/Internet as we know it today. Gone will be the bottlenecks of copper wires and network cables squeezing tons of data through what is essentially a telephone backbone.

Instead, we'll finally able to stream data unhindered by the physical limitations of tons of copper and obsolete switching mechanisms. Fiber optics and light-speed devices designed specifically for the new bandwidth will allow entire movies to move across the planet in 1-2 seconds, huge libraries to zip around the globe instantaneously, etc.

Watch for "the Grid". Prepare to say "bye-bye" to the traditional Internet.

I think i saw something like this on BBC news a couple of days ago ,

The system is still the same wires , well at least fiber optic , which in some places in the U.K is already in place. its not that the technology changes drastically its the way they package and send the data allowing data to move 10 times faster than usual.

This had to be created due to fears of the 'internet' stalling due to the increased global demand for streaming videos , music etc.

Another problem was having a server that could handle the flow of information. a new 'special unit' was devoloped, this unit has to be at each end of any server .. the unit they were testing was handling 80 terrabits of information per second ( 4 cables of 20 terrabits and 20 left over for the running of the unit)

so yes your prediction is correct , we are about to see a massive spurt in communication speeds and this new system will probably replace the interweb as we know it

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
fibre optic broadband kicks ass,
im in the uk and have the privalige of having fibre optic broadband.

my bandwith is 20meg and it rarely drops below that i can download/stream a full movie in about 3-7 minutes and a song is instantish 15sec tops its from virgin media and its only £5.99 a month for the first 6 months but you have to have a phone line installed as part of the deal

new topics

top topics

join