It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chakra Meditation

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This will be a short post because I only have 2 minutes left.

I think what dissolves/dedefines the ego the most is when you start to pick apart what ¨"me" means. Are you seperate from something, or is your direct personalty reflective of a much larger mind. Then is it really your mind, your personalitiy? crap it appears time has run out and I can´t type more.

Cya

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

Finally we have proof..caveman CAN make a short post
Even if he is running for a plane to the Amazon!

But yes your right we are not our mind. Once you see your higher consciousness is detached from your mind you see things a whole lot clearer. You are not your mind and an excellent way to feel the stillness of your inner consciousness FREE from the minds chatter is meditation.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
A truely enlightened person has no ego. Now no one on this thread is of course without ego, but we have learnt about it, its tell tale signs and recognize it now, and reject it.

Do you mean ego or excessive pride? I think that gets confused way too often. Even if you mean "ascending" or being absorbed into "source" & every & all things, you'd still have that perspective of "I" (although much more expanded obviously) which would still constitute the possession of an "ego". One cannot escape ego, to see yourself as "one" away from the whole (IE your unique perspective right now) means you have an ego. That ego may be pleasant, or it may be arrogant and prideful, or bashful, or out going etc. Ego is a concept of self recognization, there is nothing wrong with that. The problem enters when conscious or subconscious programming becomes a block to your perception or awareness which can manifest into all kinds of negative things.

The concept of "no ego" is a misnomer in many ways unless your goal is to simply not exist or assimilate yourself completely (relinquishing free will) into some kind group, body, or ideal.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

While alive , incarnated , yes your right we can never escape ego. Thats why there are very few truely enlightened people around, its almost impossible to achive no ego whilst in life.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Sorry, even from the "dead", "discarnate", in "energetic body", or be they "ascended", they would still have an "ego". It doesn't matter, if you have or can shift into a unique focused perspective locked into a particular time coordinate....you're in ego territory. I think you may be confusing the concept with another, like "egotism"; conceit; self-importance.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer

Sorry, even from the "dead", "discarnate", in "energetic body", or be they "ascended", they would still have an "ego". It doesn't matter, if you have or can shift into a unique focused perspective locked into a particular time coordinate....you're in ego territory. I think you may be confusing the concept with another, like "egotism"; conceit; self-importance.

Im not sure but I think ego is only something we experience when incarnated, in body so to speak. Ego stems from the mind, I think the mind is very different from the consciousness. When we return to pure consciousness, to the oneness so to speak we surely will have no ego because the oneness of pure consciousness is just that it is one, it is free of mind and therefor free of ego.

So to say you shift into a particular time coordinate as in dead, really doesnt matter, because I really dont think those who return to pure consciousness have ego. They cant they are of the one without mind.

Do you think ego originates in the mind or is it a trait of the soul, as in soul prior to body? Bearing in mind a soul will have no mind because the mind is a tool created to aid the "body" to function correctly.

I had an OBE about 10 years ago, it was a very rare one, one that you dont astral project to other dimensions, it was the type you hover over your own body still within the room your body is in, still with all the furniture and trappings of the room. In this OBE I looked down and saw my body, I saw it not as "me", not the true soul of me but a shell I lived in. As I hovered there I felt totally at one with everything, I saw myself without form, as pure consciousness, as pure energy. It is this that is the true "us" I think and lying down on the bed was my body complete with its earthy ego and mind.

Its hard to explain, I hope Ive explained why I feel like this a little better for you.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Once again, you are making up your own definition of "ego" under some kind of cross reference with self-centered, or selfish, or limited perspective:

Ego
1. the “I” or self of any person; a person as thinking, feeling, and willing, and distinguishing itself from the selves of others and from objects of its thought.
2. Psychoanalysis. the part of the psychic apparatus that experiences and reacts to the outside world and thus mediates between the primitive drives of the id and the demands of the social and physical environment.
3. egotism; conceit; self-importance: Her ego becomes more unbearable each day.
4. self-esteem or self-image; feelings: Your criticism wounded his ego.
5. (often initial capital letter) Philosophy.
a. the enduring and conscious element that knows experience.
b. Scholasticism. the complete person comprising both body and soul

Guess what? When you where floating consciously outside of your body watching...that's right! Eeyup, you had an ego (although expanded). As far as your logic regarding "mind"; you're just demonstrating the illusion of separation. Mind, body, soul, have you heard that expression before? The goal is unification since they are all one in the same anyways. To think that your "mind" is some kind of by product is once again giving away some level of your control do to misunderstanding. Don't forget I have experienced the type of consciousness you're talking about, and not necessarily rarely. I know what you mean by realizing that your body isn't you, but your "mind" isn't in your body obviously(you where floating their watching the brain weren't you?). That is the first thing you should have learned from that encounter. The body is actually in the mind(the source of our epigenetic or hyperdimensional energetic flow of information) as it's a field or cloud of sorts..

As far as something being on "the other side" and of one mind....aren't we all already? Aren't we all reflections of "divine" will already? Shouldn't we recognize that we are part of that "divine" plan? That doesn't make you an egotist, and that definitely doesn't make the concept of "Ego" inhibiting in anyways, that's just your own beliefs doing that.

I'm acting like an obnoxious grammar-policeman more then anything right now. I understand that the concept of "ego" can be transcended too metaphorically and agree with that completely

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Guys chill.

Just because the encylopedia tells me something is a certain way doesn´t make it absolute.

I was thinking as a joke to hand in a paper about paleontology. They are so hardcore about using books as sources vs the ¨unreliable¨ internet, I was thinking of citing a paleontology book from 1910. I can tell ya, they think quite differently about dinosaurs today.

I was just having a similar discussion with my buddy. I was saying how when I talk I don´t just give my own perspective, I also give traditional opinions especially when talking about tradional deffinitions/concepts like chakras, which the word itself is Sanskrit.

I myself, when I talk about chakras I talk about traditonal deffinitions and give my own interpretation on it.

At the end of the day I don´t try and define what I am by all these deffinitions. I know I can feel certain energies and know how they are affected from experience, chakras or not.

I think we shouldn´t be so quick to saying ¨this is the way it is, and there is no other way¨ Other people´s oppinions need to be respected or else this open philosophy discussion has just become dogma.

Just because we feel we have a pretty good damn oppinion on something PERSONALY, doesn´t mean others have to accept it.

On the topic of ego, I have my own oppinions on it personally, formulated from personal experiences of synchronistic observations. I´m not going to force it down anyones throats however. It works for me.

If person A wants to believe ego comes from some mindset, while person B wants to believe ego comes from the excrement of some higher dimensional.. i dont know, swamp creature, then so be it.

Often we just want to give an oppinion but in perhaps poor explanation or ego of our own it can kind of be interpreted as a forced opinion is all i´m saying. Sometimes it just doesn´t come out right. Unfortunately I get that perception around a few threads here a lot and I never say a damn word about it.

Can´t we all play on the same level?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I can. It is possible, but I have to be in another country with a time limit, and the planets need to be alligned just right. It looks mercury´s position is predicting that in 2 weeks I probably won´t feel like making any more short posts.

I´m drinking a beer that is like 5 beers in one bottle. Amazing.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I'm as chill as they come buddy
We can get as philosophical as we want, but at one point the meaning is lost and it all becomes completely convoluted and meaningless to the people who need it most: The ones who have no idea wtf we're talking about

It doesn't help when people arbitrarily keep changing the meaning of an established term used by a lot of people who know a hell of a lot more about psychology & psychoanalysis then all of us here(The concepts of "ego", "id", & "super ego" was developed by a Sigmund Frued afterall taken further by Carl Jung). We share the english language here, so why should we start redefining words just because they do not fit into our belief system? Is that the most constructive way to facilitate an effective written langage that is conductive to clear communication? I don't think so. Especially when a word is being used in an incorrect context. The statement losses meaning.

Example: Murdering someone is automobile.

I may really really dislike automobiles and think they are a crime against humanity(which isn't true just an example) and may associate that word written as above as "bad", or "evil", but does that make it so? Nope. Sure you can believe that, but will that help you communicate your thoughts and meaning effectively? Probably not without some substantial explanation that directly equates "automobile" to "bad" with the context of your own perceptions.

Ego does not necessarily mean egotism, arrogance, or pride and is not something to viewed as a bad thing. Ego is synonymous with consciousness, why would you want to rid yourself of consciousness?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Thats why your awesome caveman, Can't everbody just get along

I think you are right though. It's up to each individual person to interpret what they think everything means.

I think it is good to voice ones opinion, but not over and over again in a heated debate that last for three centuries, and ends up going nowhere.^^^^^^^

Trust me, i have learned this the hard way.

And Anyways that is the sort of stuff that gives ATS a bad RAP

[edit on 19-1-2009 by darcon]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

On the topic of ego, I have my own oppinions on it personally, formulated from personal experiences of synchronistic observations. I´m not going to force it down anyones throats however. It works for me.

I don't think voicing your opininon is forcing it down everyone's throat, it's when it gets voiced too the point where my eyes start to bleed

Naw, but seriousley, i would love to hear your opinion on this matter!

Instead you wrote a small post about what you think before you had to go, and then 2 huge posts trying to put out flames.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

Hey,

I understand what you are saying,

You are talking about EGO, One's personality in general.

While Mr Green is talking about EGO, like being Egotistical, " characteristic of false pride; having an exaggerated sense of self-importance; "a conceited fool"; "an attitude of self-conceited arrogance"; "an egotistical disregard of others" ''

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer

Guess what? When you where floating consciously outside of your body watching...that's right! Eeyup, you had an ego

yes your right I guess, I did have an ego because I was still alive, although I was out of my body in a closer state to my inner being, I will still have had ego because I had not returned to the light/oneness of creation/pure consciousness (dead, left my body for good state).

For me ego dies when we die, while we are still alive its as you say very complicated and many have spent life times analysing it. But I do think its controlled by the mind, its from the mind so I cant agree that even in death we have an ego, because the mind dies upon death.

Shakesbeer when I say pure consciousness does not have ego, Im not referring to our consciousness in our selves as living people, Im referring to the one consciousness of the creator. Maybe this caused a confussion as yes your right our personal consciousness will have ego as its attached to mind and body.

Chill lol. I am chilled, I am putting my ideas across as I see them, I hope you can see this, Im hoping to have a discussion on this topic as I find it very interesting.

caveman where exactly ARE you!!! Are you there , back or in some Amazonian cyber cafe, maybe your home Ive lost track of what your up to!

This thread has a new energy, I hope we can all respect this and allow it to continue with its new found life. People are the life of threads lets respect others views while still getting our own across, and hopefully allow an exchange of ideas at the same time.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by darcon

I think it is good to voice ones opinion, but not over and over again in a heated debate that last for three centuries, and ends up going nowhere.^^^^^^^

Trust me, i have learned this the hard way.

And Anyways that is the sort of stuff that gives ATS a bad RAP

[edit on 19-1-2009 by darcon]

Hey I was a master of ranting on and on,

Thats why I keep my opinions very limited, it's advice if they don't take it maybe it isn't for them and I was miles off. I'm no guru or master just trying to find answers like anyone else, I do know the answers I seek always come from insight not analysis.

Glad this was brought up in the topic, it was the very reason I didn't post for a while, I thought it would be best to just leave for a little while rather than rant about it and leave.

Keep ya chin up peeps where all in the same boat

[edit on 20-1-2009 by psycho81]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I feel Ego can be a really tricky subject to talk about, Ego works in so many different ways in each and every one of us. The mechanics of the ego can be understood through many spiritual teachers, masters and gurus but they are only pointers, they are not the ultimate truth about ones ego. I have observer in myself that I can sometimes make Ego a problem, Ego is not my problem it’s my path to progression; as it’s through ego I will find perfection.

I used also see a lot of Ego in other people, it’s not until now I realize it was my own ego. Fault finding and becoming attached to other people problems, emotions and feelings. In fact trying to come across as a Teacher, master or guru myself, it gave me a sense of self out of it, it made me more fulfilled. I have now learned the hard way; but I’m glad it was hard, I never like taking the easy route as things can be missed. Now when I give advice it’s based on observation, the advice I give now is based on none attachment to people so there and no prejudices involved.

The main thing I have learned out of all of this is “Not” in any way to reflect my own beliefs onto anyone else. This can have a devastating effect on people, especially when they put trust in you. I don’t want people to put trust in me; I want them to keep that trust for themselves. When you put trust in another person it’s an attachment, when that attachment is lost for whatever reason (Maybe you discover your own beliefs that differ) people get hurt. When we trust somebody in that way, we look for somebody to blame when things go wrong. When in fact it was through our own judgment and analysis we put trust in them in the first place. The best way to help somebody or to give the advice is to drop the attachment, drop the clinging. However I don’t want you to take my word for it, you can observe that for yourself.

Thanks

P81

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

Hey Darcon..moody love ? I like this theres something about it as a mood that I like, its made me smile...care to explain what moody love is? Its made me think of that ancient group The Moody Blues for some reason. Is moody love a real actual mood?

Miss Green

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by psycho81
I feel Ego can be a really tricky subject to talk about,

I used also see a lot of Ego in other people, it’s not until now I realize it was my own ego. Fault finding and becoming attached to other people problems, emotions and feelings. In fact trying to come across as a Teacher, master or guru myself, it gave me a sense of self out of it, it made me more fulfilled.

The main thing I have learned out of all of this is “Not” in any way to reflect my own beliefs onto anyone else. This can have a devastating effect on people, especially when they put trust in you. I don’t want people to put trust in me; I want them to keep that trust for themselves. When you put trust in another person it’s an attachment, when that attachment is lost for whatever reason (Maybe you discover your own beliefs that differ) people get hurt. When we trust somebody in that way, we look for somebody to blame when things go wrong. When in fact it was through our own judgment and analysis we put trust in them in the first place. The best way to help somebody or to give the advice is to drop the attachment, drop the clinging. However I don’t want you to take my word for it, you can observe that for yourself.

Thanks

P81

So much of your post I can agree with.

Yes its a very difficult subject to address. There does seem to be two schools of thought on it, one that it originates in the mind the other that it is pure consciousness itself. I think its an attachment that is created in the mind, but that doesnt mean I should bang on about this and convert others, no its not my place to change others ideas. I should listen to others ideas just as they should listen to mine, but never should we try to convert others beliefs in anything. They can listen to us, read around subjects then their own self will tell them what they think is right not anyone else. If then people wish to change their ideas on a subject then thats fine if its come from them. I have changed my mind on many very important issues as Im sure you all have.

Best thing is to follow your own heart (and mind to a degree) you know whats best for you, really deep down you know so why look anywhere else, its all within.

Thanks p81 for a very revealing post of how things are.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I was thinking of something Quirky, so i though what not better than Moody love.

Moody, being different moods all together, happy, sad, suprised, and with a dash of love.

Moody love!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by darcon

Moody, being different moods all together, happy, sad, suprised, and with a dash of love.

Moody love!

Ah thats good, not as in "moody" then, just lots of moods rolled into one but all within a dash of love.

I really like your signature by the way. To me it is totally about accepting yourself and others, and this acceptance is done with pure love from the heart. Marcus is very wise. We should not fight our paths in life or others paths. We should accept and learn from all that we encounter I think. Through acceptance comes learning and from learning comes progression.

new topics

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84 >>

join