It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone shot down a UFO? Is this real?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I don't think there's any actual proof that it was a plasma weapon....
I also don't think there's any proof of who did this...
But what's going on here? What mission filmed this? It's not a fake video, is it?

www.youtube.com...

Sorry if this has been discussed. I tried searching, but didn't know what to look for....

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I love this footage, it has been on here before, and i think the skeptics said something like it was thrusters firing, causing the object to seem like it was shooting off in the distance, the flash being the burn.

doesnt explain the projectile though.

I dunno, maybe something to do with the missile defense system in place? star wars?

[edit on 29-3-2008 by Denied]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
What would be the speed of the projectile launched?, if that is what it was.
If the light source was launched from Earth, who was responsible?, what was the approx location of the launch site? Someone must know because they would know the exact location of the space station/shuttle, and have a narrative of the occurence.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
NASA has commented on these objects, calling them "ice particals"
But ive noticed they seem to like lightening storms, if you have seen the other footage, Its possible this is where they get their power. They just seem to swarm on lightening storms.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrayFox
But what's going on here? What mission filmed this? It's not a fake video, is it?

It's exactly what it looks like. A variety of little specks of light of some kind moving and spinning around. Some people see alien spacecraft shooting at each other. Some people have a lot of imagination.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think this is the same thing as the video you posted, but then again the video link does not work anymore. Yet I'll still post the link so you can take a look.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
It's exactly what it looks like. A variety of little specks of light of some kind moving and spinning around. Some people see alien spacecraft shooting at each other. Some people have a lot of imagination.

This isn't the tether footage, if that's what you're thinking.

Take a look. This looks like something else. I'm pretty sure it's from a different mission. I haven't had a chance to read through that other topic yet though. I will later.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is really old old footage... Actually one of the very first videos I saw bout 10 years back maybe a more... I believe it was first shown on the old show "sightings"... The video you have is that of "secret space" which talks about UFO's, the illuminati and other things... Good video, old news...

Have you ever heard of star wars? Back when Reagan was president... I believe he was the one who started Star Wars... Correct me if I'm wrong, but this could be proof of actual star wars technology...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Yeah, pretty neat footage - there's all kinds of threads about it here. Nothing was shot down it moved before the the shot arrived.

The video & narration is from a series called SECRET SPACE by the folks at the ENIGMA Channel, though I've seen other versions with different or no narration. My favorite commercial product of this nature is called Secret NASA Transmissions - Smoking Gun, that was made by a Canadian Cable television operator that had nothing better to do than record every mission with his station equipment.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Accidental double post.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
If you will notice, the so called shot that was fired would have missed anyway. The so called UFO flies back into the shot. Using "so called" 'cause who knows what we are really seeing.

Roper

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Space-Based Interceptor (SBI)

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Nah, STS-75 was something that was cut, which would have been afterward. I watched it again and realized it's from STS-48.

Could it really be some sort of SBI or GBI? That kinda makes sense, but what was the target?

[edit on 29-3-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
Using "so called" 'cause who knows what we are really seeing.

Last time I checked we called Unidentified Flying Objects UFO's. Most of us understand what the acronym UFO means and it ain't necessarily little green mean visiting in their spaceships. I suggest to avoid future thread confusion by using "so called" in reference to Unidentified Objects. UFO means UFO nothing more nothing less - get it?

I see it is indeed STS-48 GrayFox, 75 must have been the next footage that was chopped from the video.

Here's a page with some good arguments & a time lapse photo of the event.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
STS-48 Space Shuttle Video

On September 15, 1991, between 20:30 and 20:45 Greenwich Mean Time, the TV camera located at the back of Space Shuttle Discovery's cargo bay was trained on the Earth's horizon while the astronauts were occupied with other tasks. A glowing object suddenly appeared just below the horizon and "slowly" moved from right to left and slightly upward in the picture. Several other glowing objects had been visible before this, and had been moving in various directions. Then a flash of light occurred at what seemed to be the lower left of the screen; and the main object, along with the others, changed direction and accelerated away sharply, as if in response to the flash. Shortly thereafter a streak of light moved through the region vacated by the main object, and then another streak moved through the right of the screen, where two of the other objects had been. Roughly 65 seconds after the main flash, the TV camera rotated down, showing a fuzzy picture of the side of the cargo bay. It then refocused, turned toward the front of the cargo bay, and stopped broadcasting. There have been several scientific analyses supporting the anomalous nature of objects in the STS-48 video.

www.ufoevidence.org...

Aproximate location of the event

Digital Video Analysis of Anomalous Space Objects - The STS-48 Video (PDF)
Mark J. Carlotto, Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol. 9, No. 1, 1995

Scientific analysis of the STS-48 Space Shuttle video showing multiple objects moving in unusual trajectories in space. The video was captured by a camera aboard the Space Shuttle Discovery (mission STS-48) on 15 September 1991. Digital video analysis is performed to determine if the objects in question are ice particles disturbed by a thruster firing as contended by NASA or other objects moving independently of the shuttle.

/ytqz9c [.PDF document]

Examination of Object Trajectories in the STS-48 "UFO" Video

Abstract

A frame overlay method previously applied by Carlotto to the STS-48 video frames revealed that some of the unidentified objects followed curved trajectories, indicating that they experienced prolonged periods of acceleration that cannot be attributed to the relatively brief firing of a shuttle thruster rocket acting on nearby debris particles. The same method was reapplied to the video but over considerably longer periods of elapsed video time than those originally covered by Carlotto. It was found that two of the objects changed their courses from initially linear trajectories to highly curved trajectories. This and other details revealed by the longer time span overlays tend to rule out explanations for the path curvature that would be consistent with the shuttle debris interpretation. Rather, the newly-revealed aspects of the objectsí trajectories strongly support Carlottoís interpretation: that the path curvatures are evidence that some of the objects are large, self-propelled, and closer to the Earthís horizon than to the space shuttle.

www.vgl.org...

See also:

[edit on 30/3/2008 by internos]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

And as always our information god internos is up to the task... again!
Next time i'm going to make a new thread i'll ask internos what he knows and then send that material to me!

Anyways, the sts-48 had some interesting images, but if i recall there were several incidents on that mission, can't remember what they were though, but they have all been atributed as being ice/debris by NASA

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

Using "so called" 'cause who knows what we are really seeing.

Last time I checked we called Unidentified Flying Objects UFO's. Most of us understand what the acronym UFO means and it ain't necessarily little green mean visiting in their spaceships. I suggest to avoid future thread confusion by using "so called" in reference to Unidentified Objects. UFO means UFO nothing more nothing less - get it?

verylow, I'll call it what I want. Get it?

Could have been H2O or ice on the port. Get it?

Roper

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

verylow, I'll call it what I want. Get it?

Could have been H2O or ice on the port. Get it?

Roper

Yeah I get it, you always knew it all. Glad to meet you Mr. Knowitall.

UFO includes ice crystals before they are identified, or birds, debris, balloons, airplanes, clouds or anything else that is unknown when being discussed. Once its been identified we call it what it is Get it? Before it is identified it is known as unidentified, maybe that's too complicated for knowitalls like you.

Yeah you can make up whatever terminology you want or even create your own language, if that makes you feel better.

Who knows maybe it will catch on and they'll rename all the UFO forums & sites "so called" sites in your honor and I'm sure everyone will celebrate this new higher level of understanding & logic created by the famous Roper.

Now you know Mr. Roper what UFO means and I'm glad to have taught you. - Your welcome. But, I guess you knew it all already, and we can tell.

Okay - I get it. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or step on you. Cheers.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
That is not enough to convince me that 'someone' from earth shot at an alien ufo..... Thats not even enough to prove that its even a video taken by nasa or even in space.... Its just to sketchy, imo.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by SCtrey99]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I dunno. I have trouble believing a flash of light in space could light up the earth's surface as it seems to, here. Is this sequence authenticated by NASA or has somebody maybe added a flash to NASA images of ice particles and then hoaxed in a sudden change of trajectory?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join