It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Circular logic: "Freemasons," "Jews," "Skull and Bones Members" etc. REALLY do run the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
We have all heard conspiracy theorists say "freemasons," "Jews," "Skull and Bones" etc. run the world. The problem with all these theories is that the logic that supports them is circular.

It does not seem outlandish to suggest that a small group of people hold most or all of the power in the world. Conspiracy theorists often say this small group of people are "freemasons," "Jews", etc. If you probe the conspiracy theorists to define what exactly is a "fremason" or "Jew" is they will invariably define "freemasons," "Jews," etc. as the small group of people that run the world.

If you are going to characterize the small group of people that have most of the power in the world, you should come up with a better fitting label. The fact is there are many members of the freemasons, as they are commonly defined, that have little or no influence in this world. The same can be said of Jews, Skull and Bones members, or members of other groups. Another problem with many of these labels is that there are powerful and influential people that do not belong to these groups. For example, there are plenty of influential people who are not Jewish or never belonged to Skull and Bones because they went to Harvard instead of Yale. Perhaps the only label that fits is "the small group of people that hold most of the power."

Conspiracy theorists may not like the label "the small group of people that hld most of the power" because it does not suggest any common link amongst the powerful elite other than the characteristic of being powerful. Perhaps this is the only common link that exists.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hey, people are growing, theories are evolving. It is not "freemasons" or "Jews" anymore - now it is "Illuminati" and "zionists"/"bankers". As for "skull and bones" - still retains its place. Maybe because a "little" younger then previous too.
As for a reason - well world is not doing well. Someone must be guilty of that, because i am all good and shiny.
And it is easier to blame everything on X then actually do something to make things better.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

Conspiracy theorists may not like the label "the small group of people that hld most of the power" because it does not suggest any common link amongst the powerful elite other than the characteristic of being powerful. Perhaps this is the only common link that exists.

Yes, very true. Thats the only common label that exists.

The group labels were, imo, used to slander a certain group...but those doing the slandering were often conspirators themselves. Example: The Nazis, who wished to gain world domination, slandered the jews as having world domination. The Catholics, also wanting world domination, once slandered esoteric secret societies of wanting the same. And vice-versa.

So, all I see is one group slandering the other, all in a struggle for more power.

What also comes into the equation is that power does shift over time, due to humans competitive nature. Therefore, one of these groups might have been in power 100 years ago but may no longer be.

Another thing often not considered is how all these groups supposedly in "ultimate power" are themselves only pawns of a bigger scheme.

While the idea of a small group of conspirators in power is somewhat attractive to a mind who wishes to explain the baffling events of the world, it comes with its lapses of logic.

Good thinking

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Umm, no. I am going to have to discount this as disinformation. The Jews? C'mon! They were persecuted! Nice try though, NEXT!

theories are just that, THEORIES and not the truth.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by Straighten Arrow]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Straighten Arrow
The Jews? C'mon! They were persecuted!

So were the Freemasons; it doesn't stop people from accusing, now does it?

Theoris can be true, given that facts are presented to substantiate them. I think KT has made a keen observation in that those who advance the whole "Jews/Freemasons/Zionists rule the world" theory shrink from inquiry and/or scrutiny of their theories.

They want to state things as fact with no facts to support them, and when asked to provide facts to support their ideas, usually become hostile and/or accuse you of being one of the perpetrators.

Think about it.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

Originally posted by Straighten Arrow
The Jews? C'mon! They were persecuted!

So were the Freemasons; it doesn't stop people from accusing, now does it?

Theoris can be true, given that facts are presented to substantiate them. I think KT has made a keen observation in that those who advance the whole "Jews/Freemasons/Zionists rule the world" theory shrink from inquiry and/or scrutiny of their theories.

They want to state things as fact with no facts to support them, and when asked to provide facts to support their ideas, usually become hostile and/or accuse you of being one of the perpetrators.

Think about it.

I have been lately and it's getting easier for me to cope with the fact that there are secret societies that do exist. I'm trying not to worry about them anymore. I've come to the realization that if I really do believe in Jesus as I say I do then I shouldn't have anything to worry about anyway for he is in complete control. Now, do I not hold myself accountable? Of course I do but I have handed myself over to Jesus.

As you may or may not remember I have mentioned quite a few times that my father and brother in-law are both masons and I have been struggling with that for quite some time. But now I've come to the point where I ask myself why worry? They're good people and I love them so why should I let something so small as a secret society get in the way of that? The good book states that I should honor thy parents and that's what I am going to do.

So now I am at the point to where 1. I have handed myself over to Jesus so that he will carry my load for me. 2. Love em' because they are great people and mean well. 3. Stop worrying. 4. Know that no matter what decisions have been made down here on earth that involve me, all of the credit and the glory be given to Jesus because in the end, HE is the one that has made it happen. I use the Exodus to remind me of this. "Natural" disasters are what brought about it about but not until after prayer from Moses and the slaves. Divine intervention is what caused the serious of natural disasters that enabled them to escape. One of them being carbon monoxide poisoning that killed all of the men sleeping on the lower level of the rooms. 5. Finally, knowing that not everything is about me and that we are all here to unify and to occupy until his return.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Straighten Arrow

Sounds like you are in a good place, and a place that works for you in the Here and Now.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
reply to post by Straighten Arrow

Sounds like you are in a good place, and a place that works for you in the Here and Now.

Yep, everything is normal again and I feel much better! Heck, I might even give my brother-in-law a big masonic hug and LP handshake the next time!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It is actually the global elite who run the show,groups like the Trilateral Commission, committee 300, Bilderbergers, Congress, Bloodlines, Royalty etc.
They are the key groups with the key players of our world.
We as individuals have Zero say in any matter that has to do with our globe, world affairs etc all we are to world bankers and corporate big wigs or even our own government is CAPITAL GAIN.
Look how the USA and Canada Have been molding together ever since Steven Harper Bilderberger came into effect.
Soon enough America will be creating our history too.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I don't think you understand the meaning of circular reasoning. You cant apply circular logic or reason to a belief, because a believe or theory is non-existing that's why it is a belief. Just like religion has no* logic, theories will fall under the belief category.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by warfarealien]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Since we're all religious right now i might as well step in and add my 2 cents. I love talking about conspiracies and ufos and stuff but on that note I think we're making mountains out of ant hills no matter how much some one controlls no one will be able to contrlo you as a person. Havent you ever heard that saying "what you focus on expands" and "what you resist persists". I may be looking at the world through heart shaped glasses but reality is what ever you want it to be and things look good from my perspective. I work in a hospital and i have seemed to notice the people with really bad attitudes never seem to get better only because they think that some thing is wrong with them all the time they think that health can not be for them but the people with positive outlook on life seem to make miracles happen in their life. Jesus did say the kingdom of heaven is within you. What i believe he meant by that was heaven is what ever you make it as is life it's what ever you make it.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by the basset hound
Since we're all religious right now i might as well step in and add my 2 cents. I love talking about conspiracies and ufos and stuff but on that note I think we're making mountains out of ant hills no matter how much some one controlls no one will be able to contrlo you as a person. Havent you ever heard that saying "what you focus on expands" and "what you resist persists". I may be looking at the world through heart shaped glasses but reality is what ever you want it to be and things look good from my perspective. I work in a hospital and i have seemed to notice the people with really bad attitudes never seem to get better only because they think that some thing is wrong with them all the time they think that health can not be for them but the people with positive outlook on life seem to make miracles happen in their life. Jesus did say the kingdom of heaven is within you. What i believe he meant by that was heaven is what ever you make it as is life it's what ever you make it.

I'm not going to lie, I've been very worried about how much the Mason society has controlled or influenced my life every since my father-in-law tried to invite me in. There's also been about four or five recent times I can remember him asking me "Have you seen the movie the Guardian"? I don't know why he would continue to ask me that question even though each time I replied No, except for maybe he's getting senile, LOL. But even though he means well I would not want to be protected by his society although I do want to make his daughter happy and honor him at the same time.

So, I've finally put my mind at ease and come to the realization that Jesus is the only one who can control me or have an influence on my life because it is the Almighty that I exhault. So from now on I realize that anything my father-in-law or any mason may try to interfere with is only because Jesus is using them to put me where I ought to be. All of the credit and all of the glory be to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. There is no other!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
odd fellows and re ba ka infultration of preported gentile masonic society ie instatutional by the oddfellows a reincarnatioal male jew persona by rebakah ( the insnarer) a female jew (s) implementation of a goverer in the esence of the cerabelum part of the brain that cotrols posture and balance as a control mechinism ( a worm ) question mark .and thus the implementation of the mark of the beast(is patentually a hair line like insicion ) on the hand (note) left hand person otherwise a south paw that will not heal (note palm of hand ) no exception WARNING MASONIA IS A TRAP and is the evil one ie the plastic pyramid on fence posts ieNEW WORLD ORDER post crusades to create a none humanoid generic masonic product for its consumption if one does not create more positve than negative pysical phenominon as in heliopolis you will get stuck on planet earth and simply become its FOOD masonia is not into indiviual stuff
saying somthing is less significant 3102bc 2012ad ie KALI YUGA

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by seridium
It is actually the global elite who run the show,groups like the Trilateral Commission, committee 300, Bilderbergers, Congress, Bloodlines, Royalty etc.
We as individuals have Zero say in any matter that has to do with our globe, world affairs etc all we are to world bankers and corporate big wigs or even our own government is CAPITAL GAIN.
Look how the USA and Canada Have been molding together ever since Steven Harper Bilderberger came into effect.

Blaming "the global elite" is just as circular as the other methods the OP mentions. It goes something like this:

Q: Who rules the world?
A: The Global Elite.
Q: Who is the global elite?
A: The people who run the world.
Q: Why do they run the world?
A: Because they are the global elite.

It goes around, and around, and around. Occasionally people stick names of famous rich families to it, but its not clear at all why having money automatically makes one a global elite.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason

Originally posted by seridium

Blaming "the global elite" is just as circular as the other methods the OP mentions. It goes something like this:

A: The Global Elite.
A: The people who run the world.
A: Because they are the global elite.

It goes around, and around, and around. Occasionally people stick names of famous rich families to it, but its not clear at all why having money automatically makes one a global elite.

What do you mean?

A: No one rules the world by himself. But the people who affect the world the most gather in groups without inviting you or me to watch. Not wanting your opinion.

A: Those in power to affect the world by their own sleight of hand, who also are elitists. They don´t believe you should have a say in anything of importance.

A: Inherence mostly, elitists have always rose to the top, and shared it only withselves and copies of themselves. It´s not really a new idea, considering kings and the likes have done it for the history of civilization.

I don´t see how that is a circular argument

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by youg_george
What do you mean?

You just provided an excellent example of what I am talking about.

A: No one rules the world by himself. But the people who affect the world the most gather in groups without inviting you or me to watch. Not wanting your opinion.

Why do they gather in groups? What are these groups? What is the evidence that these groups have control over world events?

The reasoning goes something like "if people with power meet together, they must be plotting." It just doesn't hold. Maybe they want to have cocktails.

A: Those in power to affect the world by their own sleight of hand, who also are elitists. They don´t believe you should have a say in anything of importance.

This doesn't answer the question (which is why its circular, like the OP says) - WHO affects the world by their own "sleight of hand"? The answer is "the global elite" and thus this is one giant circle.

A: Inherence mostly, elitists have always rose to the top, and shared it only withselves and copies of themselves. It´s not really a new idea, considering kings and the likes have done it for the history of civilization.

Actually its quite a new idea. Kings ruled small areas of land, not the world. The most powerful kings ruled large portions of land - the only person who came close to "ruling the world" was probably Alexander, but then even he only ruled the "known world" and that ignored quite a bit of land mass and quite a lot of people.

And yet again there is this false premise that having money = ruling the world. Why bother? You have money, you don't need to spend your time ruling the world.

I don´t see how that is a circular argument

Well of course not, if you could see what you were doing you wouldn't believe in it!

top topics

join