It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Remember the T.V. show, Bionic Man?".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Remember when they had Steve Austin(Alston), Bigfoot, fighting?. Steve ripped Bigfoot's arm off, Then all of a sudden electrical wires comes out of the arm of Bigfoot?; That put self doubt into the heart's of the people that this being does not exist, All done by Hollywood. I stood on the case. This is what fascinated me when I was a child about the Yeti, Bigfoot's; Episode of the Bionic Man, Bigfoot.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I can't see where you are going with this..

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nubiaislaam

So that series of episodes back in the 1970's was made in order to cover up the existance of Bigfoot? If anything, at least with me, it triggered an interest that remains as strong today as it was then.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
What is being dicussed here,? a TV programme?, some knowledge of advanced medical science?. I did see the programmes and wasn't really impressed back then. I preferred the car KIT ?? !! about the same era.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nubiaislaam
Remember when they had Steve Austin(Alston), Bigfoot, fighting?. Steve ripped Bigfoot's arm off, Then all of a sudden electrical wires comes out of the arm of Bigfoot?; That put self doubt into the heart's of the people that this being does not exist, All done by Hollywood. I stood on the case. This is what fascinated me when I was a child about the Yeti, Bigfoot's; Episode of the Bionic Man, Bigfoot.

Are you suggesting that

a) Lots of people dont believe in Bigfoot because a TV show portayed it as a robot

or

b) That a TV show showed Bigfoot as a robot to cover up its existence?

Either way, I really dont see your logic behind it. I dont think that a single episode of a TV show could affect anyone's beliefs or otherwise of Bigfoot.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well, every other thread he posted didnt make much sense either... And as always, he posts stuff without any shed of proof.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The show was the Six Million Dollar Man, a spinoff was The Bionic Woman.

Continue on....

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Thain Esh Kelch

As always.

Must say this one is a little bit more out there than his others. Even the Bigfoot mountain.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

I loved both shows. Every week, rerun or new, I was plunked down in front of the TV. I even ran like Steve Austin, slow motion and arms tucked into my sides. LOL.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

I loved both shows. Every week, rerun or new, I was plunked down in front of the TV. I even ran like Steve Austin, slow motion and arms tucked into my sides. LOL.

But do you still do the noise...

DA DA DA DA.... da da da da....

Yeah...it's cool...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Of course...you can't run without making the noise...duh.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

That was so cheesy and poorly made that I actually enjoyed watching it.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Loved it!

I was at the perfect age to be swept up into that world. Then I turned 35 and it all fell apart, LOL!

Seriously though, I watched both shows every week and thought they were fun and entertaining. Anyone remember thinking about what would happen if he tripped on his shoelace?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

I'm guessing a SERIOUS boo boo. No worries though, they'll build him better, stronger, faster.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It's great to see these old shows again, although this is a case where the actual just doesn't live up to the memory. I guess that happens when your perspective changes. In the video above, the people watching the fight between Austin and Bigfoot reminded me on Mystery Science Theater 3000. All they needed was Tom Servo, Crow, and Gypsy.

top topics

join