It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Regime Implicated in Staging Violence in Lhasa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Chinese Regime Implicated in Staging Violence in Lhasa

en.epochtimes.com

Evidence is accumulating that the Chinese regime orchestrated violence in Lhasa in order to discredit the peaceful protests of Buddhist monks.

According to the Dalai Lama's Chinese translator, Ngawang Nyendra, a witness reported that a Chinese policeman in Lhasa disguised himself as a Tibetan and joined the protesters holding a knife in his hand. This witness also recognized the man from BBC news footage and news photos provided by China.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
freedomthirst.com
en.epochtimes.com
en.epochtimes.com
english.ntdtv.com

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This is really a breaking news that is still not covered widely. More and more independent sources prove that the Chinese communist government added fuel to the riots in Lhasa and staged incidents. This is not the first time the Chinese regime is doing something like that. Looking forward your comments and awaiting more news about the issue.

en.epochtimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-3-2008 by zarzar]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
i belive the chinese gov diffently had something to do with it here is another story highlighting the smae thing coming from monks who swarmed the free press during a staged show of peace by the goverment.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Aql3F_i7GyeWFXnnmDBhtuqs0NUE

"The outburst by 30 monks at Lhasa's holiest shrine dealt a setback to the government's plans to use a three-day trip for foreign reporters to show that protests and deadly anti-Chinese rioting in the Tibetan capital two weeks ago had subsided.

"We are like prisoners here. There are soldiers all over the place," the monks shouted as officials tugged at the foreign reporters to leave the Jokhang Temple. The monks called for the return of the Dalai Lama from exile and an end to religious restrictions: "We want freedom."
"

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I have no problem believing that the Chi-Coms instigated the riots to preempt any protests during the Olympics. I do have a hard time believing that they intended it to spread to so many provinces however. I think that perhaps the Western intelligence agencies helped this to spread for reasons I have yet to discern.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
I have no problem believing that the Chi-Coms instigated the riots to preempt any protests during the Olympics. I do have a hard time believing that they intended it to spread to so many provinces however. I think that perhaps the Western intelligence agencies helped this to spread for reasons I have yet to discern.

I think that the foreign intelligence agencies stayed away from the Chinese issues for a lot time now. That is interesting. The protests really spread a lot, but I personally think that it was a result of the accumulated unrest of the Tibetan population there. Anyway let's see what kind of information will come along.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by zarzar

I doubt Western intelligence played any rôle in this. The Tibetans wherever they live in China have more than enough reason to boil over like an unwatched kettle.

It is an old technique of tyrants and monsters to dress up like their opponents and foment violence. The PRC is a very old dog without any new tricks.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Firstly, why did you use Epoch Times as a source. It's a Fulonggong publication. I wonder why people would even believe a source, funded by C!A as reliable. The "Free Tibet", "Free Darfur" movement and even the "reporters without borders" who interrupted the Olympic Torch event was C!A funded entity.

And why say that "Proof are mounting".. when all I see are hearsay. Does it mean that as long as it is repeated long enough.. it's proof. There is a difference between opinions and facts.. something that news nowadays are a challenge to read.

Come on.. If the Tibetan can identify a Chinese in the street to attack. They can easily detect a chinese, either dressed as a monk or wielding a knife. Please use some common sense.

There is obviously a media propaganda blitz going on against the Chinese Government. It seems everything thing they do is wrong, even if they are doing what every country would do.

And sooner or later, I'm a "Chinese Goverment agent" label will be awarded to me by some members here.. who, by the same logic, will be C!A or MI6 agents themselves.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by mobydog]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mobydog

I do not care whether you are a communist party agent or not.

In the Western world we consider the Epoch Times and the Reporters Without Borders as a creditable sources of information. The source of their funding is of lesser significance, although what you say is not true and is part of the communist party propaganda.

On the contrary in the Western world we consider the Chinese communist party media sources as non-creditable. The reason we are considering them non-creditable is that they do not obey any international standards for truthful reporting, and moreover they are used as a tool of oppression of the people you just talked about: the Falun Gong followers, the Tibetans, the Darfur population, the Chinese pro-democratic journalists, etc.

The dissemination of the communist party propaganda bespeaks of inferior morality. You have to calm down, go and really read what those people are trying to say and stop to act in that shameful manner.

top topics

join