It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico sends troops to U.S. border, officials say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Mexico sends troops to U.S. border, officials say

www.cnn.com

The Mexican government has ordered 2,000 troops to the U.S.-Mexico border in response to a wave of drug-related violence that is blamed for 200 deaths since January, officials announced Thursday.

The troops are expected to depart Friday. The majority will be near the northern border of Mexico, in Juarez.

Juarez sits across the Rio Grande from El Paso, Texas
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So I wonder how many of the troops will protect the loads going across the border and how many will try to stop the loads from going across. I just hope somebody is there watching what is happening. Minute men get your cameras ready.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This is quite interesting, tho I have to agree that they will probably be paid off by the major drug runners. The only ones being stopped will be the college kids returning with a few ounces of grass for their own personal use.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
smugglers deadly cargo CNN

JUAREZ, Mexico (CNN) -- A deadly trade is occurring along the U.S. border with Mexico, federal officials say -- a flood of guns, heading south, used by drug thugs to kill Mexican cops.

So looks like there cracking down on guns and not illegal immigration or drugs. Had my hopes up somebody was going to do something about the border. But looks like I was wrong for thinking it had anything to do with protecting the borders.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
US, wasnt that so, that you have that mighty Army? Why isnt them to protecting your borders, but Mexicans have to do that for you?

Your army is not home. Its in distant world, when things gets ugly back home... Why is that? Who they are securing right now, if not you?

We have a long border with Russia, and they keep their borders very clear them self. We just watch that over with our small forces.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
33 bodies unearthed

Story Highlights

Remain date back five years, officials say

House initially raided on March 1

Almost two tons of marijuana found in first raid

Ciudad Juarez site of drug cartel turf wars

Heres another story from Juarez.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Man, the Minutemen are in on it. I live down here in the borderlands, and work in border issues. Those guys are morons. Their annual spring get-together starts today and where are they? Sitting in an RV campground outside Sasabe. You know where the MX troops are? The article tells you..they're in Juarez...that's near El Paso, TX. The border walls that have gone up in CA and AZ and TX have funneled the migrant traffic over to NM which has neither a significant wall presence, and as of July they won't have anybody who works for the government patrolling the border because the Nat'l Guard is pulling out their troops 6 months early, and it won't be until Jan 09 the the Border Patrol will have the new trainees out in the field and there just isn't the manpower.

If the minutemen were really concerned about what's going on rather than being the drunk (and a lot of racist) rednecks that most of them are, then they would actually try and do something active about like ambush a MX military convoy providing protection services to drug cartels but instead they sit on lawn chairs with "real-tree" camos on and their hunting rifles and beers and RV's and video cameras and they sit out in the desert and they look. I have NEVER...let me repeat NEVER seen a minuteman patrol go out for more than two hours at a time, and they never stray more than 5 miles from their RV park.

Gimme a break. These guys are idiots and they always have been.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
For those out of the loop,

here's an update: Mexico has been at War now for over a year with Insurgent Narcoterrorists. 2500 people were killed last year. So far over 700 have been killed this year. It is a war not much different than the one going on in Iraq, except its going on right across our borders.

Thats what this deployment is about. They have thousands of their own troops deployed across Mexico trying to quell this Narcoterrorist Insurgency. The Cartels are like the Warlords of Afghanistan, they think they run Mexico. The Mexican government says otherwise.

We need to support them in whatever way we can, just like in Colombia's war against Insurgent Narcoterrorists. One of the best ways would probably be putting troops and drones ( maybe even mine fields) on our border to stop the flow of arms, drugs, and funds.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Trying to think outside the box here, an idea that was expressed to me a few years ago:

Dig a 300 meter wide moat along the US/Mexican border.

Put the removed landfill in New Orleans to raise it above sea level.

Relocate @ half the alligator population in Fl and LA to the moat.

Address multiple issues.

All joking aside, I think that we focus a majority of our attention much too far from our own back and front yards.

top topics

join