It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space-Based Interceptor (SBI)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Fighter Jets flying in space... Isnt that we all call like UFO:s?

Initially the Bush Administration articulated missile defense plans that included a significant commitement to a Space Based Interceptor [SBI] program. These plans provoked technical criticism and political controversy. The Administration apparently dropped these plans for space weapons, and the controversy faded. Critics of space based weapons were left with nothing to criticize. In reality, the Administration continued the Space-Based Interceptor program under a classified program, PE 0603891C Special Programs MDA, that first appeared in the 2005 budget request, around the time that overt funding for space based weapons was fading away. The program continues, without the political contoversy that had attended the overtly funded program of previous years.

www.globalsecurity.org...

How far US really are with these aircrafts... Are there test flyings going already? Interesting would be also known how is the motherships planned to make, like "space carriers", how are they part of the plan.

This article is a step to future, no wonder thet US spend so much to its defence...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Space Based Interceptor is not an aircraft that flies in space. It's a weapon that is launched from a satellite to intercept a ballistic missile.

From your own source:

(b) SPACE-BASED INTERCEPTOR DEFINED.—For purposes of this section, the term ‘‘space-based interceptor’’ means a kinetic or directed energy weapon that is stationed on a satellite or orbiting platform and that is intended to destroy another satellite in orbit or a ballistic missile launched from earth.

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Orbiting Platform for guns... Still sounds like an aircraft, specially like "space fighter jets" to me.

Attack Helicopters are also called as "Gun Platforms", if you havent notice that before...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Uhm, no. These are satellites that carry missiles or lasers and are designed to shoot down missiles in the boost phase or as they travel through orbit. They are NOT space fighters. These have been talked about since the 1980s with Star Wars, until now. They're just satellites, nothing more than that.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I take your word on this. Just looking for human possibility to what I have personally witness two times in my life at northern night sky: UFOs.

Still difficult to understand that they really are from another planet... But when you have seen them once, you stop asking "If", but "why"?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
I take your word on this. Just looking for human possibility to what I have personally witness two times in my life at northern night sky: UFOs.

Still difficult to understand that they really are from another planet... But when you have seen them once, you stop asking "If", but "why"?

The only thing close to what you are talking about was the Blackstar program.

UFO means Unidentified Flying Object, so that can include experimental aircraft since people cannot identify it.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ULTIMA1

That I mean too: There is still that possibility that UFO:s are "just" human works. Just keeping my mind open, and searching for truth, like I hope we all.

I will "google" that word for search: "Program Blackstar"

To be honest, never heard of it so far... But I am still learning new!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
How about a description of your UFO sighting? Are you sure it was a UFO or just a ball of light streaking across the night sky?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SageOfWisdom

May 2003: Location East Coast Finland, Over the Sea, Night time, sighting was done with one of my good friend. First ever.

Flying object at very high altitute, brighter than star. Flies up from horizon towards the coastline, from south to north. Changing course many times. Then one light multiplying from one light to three light. One stops soon. Formation of two, continuing to north with both changing their course couple of times. One witch stop, comes fastly brighten, and finally comes down like burning meteorite" Dissapear at sea level in southern horizon. Two continue their way to north keeping same flying level. No different colors, besides when one comes down to earth like bright burning.

Time of sightings about 5 minutes total.

Another sighting 2007 Summer, Driving highway in southern Finland, night time with my lady friend.

Bright light just below the shiny moon. Changing its form and value of light, but not much. I stop the car to motorway when I see that, and we step out from car. Object stands just below the moon and keeps its very bright light. I mark its position with paper, and line that towards the object. It moves and "flows" over the forest, no doubt, changing value, and its form in cycles. Altitude maybe couple of miles, not very high, because effect of atmosphere wasnt seen in front of the light. (No colour waves) More like straight look to spotlight.

We look object about 5-10 minutes, then it flows from our sight to behind the forest. Not flying but "Flowing in place", never both of us has seen like that before, or after that. I get feeling that I was deeply looked back, and my lady gets scared from same kind of feelings. I even say towards the object that "Just take me if you want..." (What a heroic, and theatrical act, at motorway in the middle of the night in front of my beautiful lady!) But feeling was strange, like hypnotic. And not feel tired for whole night.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by JanusFIN]

top topics

join