It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon report finds no evidence of Saddam attempt to assassinate Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Pentagon report finds no evidence of Saddam attempt to assassinate Bush

rawstory.com

In President Bush's view, former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein was many things -- a developer of weapons of mass destruction, an ally of al Qaeda and "a guy that tried to kill my dad."

Recent intelligence reports have already shot down those first two notions. No WMD stockpiles were found in Iraq after the US invasion, and a just-released Pentagon assessment failed to find any "smoking gun" link between Saddam and the terror group that plotted the 9/11 attacks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.opednews.com
iraqupdate.wordpress.com

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Oh well, another of Bush's paranoid fantasies bites the dust..

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I suppose there are those who believed the assassination plot thing, but most people I know didn't believe a word of it.

The Bush regime/dynasty is so full of raw unadulterated evil, it was laughable when little bush started spewing that trash.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
]reply to post by Maxmars

Er... It wasn't "little Bush" who "started spewing that" stuff, it was Bill Clinton in 1993.

A classified US intelligence analysis has concluded that Kuwait may have "cooked the books" on an alleged plot to assassinate former President Bush while he was in Kuwait last month. [...] At least one administration official has expressed the fear that President Clinton, under heavy criticism for his indecision over issues like Bosnia, may be tempted to hit at Iraq to prove his willingness to undertake resolute action. The report notes that some of the evidence definitely points to Iraqi involvement. The explosive devices captured by the Kuwaitis, for example, match those used by Iraqi intelligence in other terrorist operations. But the report says it was unable to corroborate the Kuwaiti assertion that the plot was aimed at Bush

Hmm. Clinton had been in office three months when he bombed Iraq.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This strikes me as one of those articles that was never really an issue or concern anywhere but still manages to sound important....

Kind of like, "Mel Gibson isn't Anti Shinto," or "FDA Concludes No real Link Between Cancer and Drinking Purified Water."

You know...the duh moments.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

It never hurts to document the lies that have been told by our illustrious leaders. Hillary is being raked over the coals at this very moment for something much less serious.

With today's electronic media a story can change from minute to minute with no one being the wiser. It's not like the old days when hard copies abounded. Re-writing history in today's World is only a click away.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

I was always of the impression that Clinton was Bush Sr.'s meat puppet. Didn't their friendship blossom long before any of this took place? Or am I misinformed? (No sarcasm intended, I wouldn't be terribly surprised either way.)

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Yeah, Clinton felt sorry for kicking Bush senior out of office a year after the election and decided to launch missiles on Iraq to send a message that he loves him.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I don't believe Bush and Clinton were ever "friends", per se. They met when they were campaigning against each other and always got along well. But Clinton, according to his own words at the time, bombed Iraq not because Bush was Bush but because Bush was an American and a former POTUS. A member of the club, as it were.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by Maxmars

Yeah, Clinton felt sorry for kicking Bush senior out of office a year after the election and decided to launch missiles on Iraq to send a message that he loves him.

Ummm, maybe I'm just dense, but are you denying the Bush-Clinton connection? Was there none, or is it that you never heard of it? (I don;t want to stray off topic)

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

The Bush-Clinton connection dealing with Katrina disaster or the Big Tsunami was pretty much long after the missile strike.

new topics

top topics

join