It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lives were not lost in Vain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
How could Bush possibly say the lives of 4000 US soldiers were not lost in vain.

Why again did we go to Iraq? To protect our homelands against the Weapons of Mass Destruction Saddam was supposedly developing.

He should have resigned a long time ago, he should be brough to The Hague.
That's never gonna happen as he is and will be an untouchable.

It's funny though, that many Americans want their soldiers to return home as soon as possible. The freely elected people's government has started this war and cannot just leave because 'their own' people die over there.

It's a bit comparable to the American protestor who was killed by an Israeli bulldozer while protesting for the Palestinian cause. It was BIG news everywhere while it's no news at all when another Palestinian baby gets killed by Israeli troops.

That's basically the same as in Iraq. Everyday tens, if not hundreds of Iraqis die, who cares these days about them? 4000 US soldiers is big news, hundreds of thousands of killed Iraqis is no news at all.

Edit: let me clarify that I feel sorry for the lost souls but not just the lost souls on the Western side (it's not just the US fighting a war over there, even though many people tend to forget that), but also many innocent civilians that people/Americans seem to care little about.

They should never have gone there, and that's the full responsibility of Bush and co, but withdrawing no is simply no solution if you care about the well being of the Iraqis. They live in chaos for decades now, and especially the last five years have been extreme. Abandoning them would allow terrorists to create a bigger chaos, eventually leading to an even bigger threat for us and the Iraqis.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Mdv2]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
That aspect of this reality has always greatly disturbed me. How the hadjis are just treated as non newsworthy dogs. I guess we should be glad they stopped using the white phosphorus on them. A wonder so many of our poor sons come back wanting to blow there poor befuddled heads off.
God d**** this administration. And dangit Powell, why didn't you use the hairs on your arse when it counted.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Your right my friend, no one cares about the Palestinians or the Iraqis.

But don’t you remember why?

www.azstarnet.com...

BAGHDAD - In some of the worst rioting since Baghdad fell last year, hundreds of Iraqis threw stones at U.S. soldiers, burned an American flag, danced around the charred body of a foreign contractor and looted a handful of stores Monday in downtown Baghdad.

Yep, I really feel for those poor suffering Iraqis who constantly attack our soldiers, NOT.

Lets not forget the poor little Palestinians either now!

In a program broadcast by al-Jazeera Television, children were shown burning the American flag. One of the little girls commented that "as many as possible Israelis and Americans should be killed". (al-Jazeera Television, 25 July 2002, )

www.intelligence.org.il...

So no, I don't give a rats behind about the poor suffering Iraqis or the poor suffering Palestinians. If we started treating them like they treat us then there would not be a single Iraqi or Palestinian left alive. We would have all ready beheaded them on on video tape in the name of our God.

Thank God that we aren’t all like they are, at least not yet anyway. But one day soon, the Muslim world will take their Jihad one step too far and the entire middle east will be utterly destroyed.

It's a sad thought, but one that I feel is unavoidable because they just will not come to their senses and stop murdering themselves and others in the name of Islam.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Hot_Wings]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hot_Wings
Your right my friend, no one cares about the Palestinians or the Iraqis.

But don’t you remember why?

You cannot help yourself, so no hard feelings. The US media is government controled and the government is very much influenced by Israeli lobby groups.

But let's not go to the question who is right in the Palestine-Israel conflict.

Let me ask you this? Do you really think the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis that died were against America? If really depends on what you want to believe.

These civilians felt like dying?

NAJAF, Iraq (CNN) -- Iraqis greeted U.S. troops as they marched Wednesday through Najaf, according to CNN's Ryan Chilcote, who is traveling with the Army's 101st Airborne Division.

----

And these as well?

The welcome they had hoped for finally greeted American troops yesterday, as waving Iraqis lined the streets when the advance northwards to Baghdad was resumed. The scenes, long awaited, did much to lift the spirits of the troops as convoys of tanks wound their way through a town on the west bank of the Euphrates.

---

It's so extremely small minded to think that all Palestinians and Iraqis are terrorists.

Not to speak of Abu Ghraib, trigger happy mercenaries and so many other cruel things that have caused people to protest against the invasion.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
With the shoe on the other foot. I wonder how well the US pop would take to a shock and awe and occupation of OUR country. You don't think for one moment we'd go all kind of guerilla on our invaders? Please.
Oh my God, they iced a contractor and burned our flag, where the heck did I put my nuke.
Those doggon well tanned Kuran reading evil doers.
'Its a sad thought' yes, sad that some people think continued killing and defacto genocide is not only tolerable but righteous.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Let me ask you this? Do you really think the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis that died were against America? If really depends on what you want to believe.

These civilians felt like dying?

I do believe most of the poor suffering Iraqis that you are referring too killed each other.

For decades, the Iraqi people were begging the international community to help them get rid of Saddam Hussien. Saddam was so terrified of being murdered by his own people that he had no less than 20 different actors who went around the country pretending to be him.

Now, after so many years, the Iraqi people have had their begging answered and what do they decide to do? They decide to kill each other in the most pathetic, power grabbing, infighting, pseudo civil war witnessed in recent years.

Do I feel bad for them? Not at all, they kill each other off by the thousands each and every year.

I instead feel bad for us. We are the ones who foolishly went to Iraq. What we should do now is exactly what the entire rest of the world has done and that is to leave Iraq immediately to let those Iraqi wallow in their own misery and self destruction.

news.bbc.co.uk...

"It is unfortunate that we are in civil war. We are losing each day as an average 50 to 60 people throughout the country, if not more.

"If this is not civil war, then God knows what civil war is."

recordonline.com

This is mostly Iraqi on Iraqi violence. Sunni extremists killing Shiite civilians. Shiite "death squads" killing Sunni civilians.

findarticles.com...

If ever there was an argument for secular politics, it was embodied on the streets of Baghdad last week, where hundreds of Muslims died in a series of horrific car bomb attacks in Sadr City. The suburb is controlled by the Mehdi Army, one of the Shia militias accused of carrying out attacks on Sunni targets, and most of the victims were Shia civilians.

But you go ahead and keep pointing the finger at us and blaming America for everything. Oh and by the way, you might want a point a finger at the rest of the world and say, "Why don't you bother to help the poor Iraqis and the Palestinians?"

But I’ll go ahead and answer that one for ya. They don't bother to lift a finger to help the Iraqis or Palestinians because they know all too well that they simply aren't worth the bother.

If you try to give your neighbor some food, and he bites your hand then screw him. Let him starve.

The Iraqis and the Palestinians are in the mess that they themselves created. But they are too buzy hating and killing everyone else to do anything about thier real problems.

Mod Edit: Link correction - Jak

[edit on 25/3/08 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Look here hot wings. These people have been killing each other for 10's of thousands of years. At least Saddam had the iron circulars to be able to keep these sects inline to a degree.
You think our democracy loving harmonica players are going to change this inbred hatred overnite? or ever?
Unrealistic hopes and unrealistic dreams.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hot_Wings

So if North Korean tanks rolled down your street, you'd walk out and make the soldiers a cup of coffee, thank them for doing whatever it is they're doing, and go about your business? Even when they started shooting up the place, and remove any security you had?

Please.

It's easy to sit in Florida and get upset with what you see in the media, but if you're going to not put any effort into looking at the situation (which you're clearly not), of course you're going to sound as ridiculously short-sighted as you do.

It's attitudes like yours (and the accompanying ignorance) that is making life difficult for the US. People around the world hear from people just as clueless as you, and these people end up representing the country they're from, just as you think those Iraqis and Palestinians represent all of Iraq and Palestine. People read words not too dissimilar to yours, coming from Americans, and it makes the US look like the biggest asshat on the block. Couple that with its vicious foreign policy, and hey-presto! Instant hatred!

Maybe if the US extended the rights it so vehemently demands for itself to others, it wouldn't be the target of such international hatred. I doubt the US would stand for another country invading it for oil, or if the secret service of another country tried to topple its democratically-elected leader.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hot_Wings

If you try to give your neighbor some food, and he bites your hand then screw him. Let him starve.

In my opinion that is jumping to conclusions. I would ask 'why' he bit my hand.

If you have a pet and try to give it food and it bites you, I am sure you won't say 'screw him' and let him starve. You will try at least a few more times to gain the animal's trust.

I don't think it's that much different with humans.

Sorry if this is OT.

new topics

top topics

join