It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Robot....MUST SEE

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It looks very creepy...like a tim burton robot- just looks like it's dark and deadly.
It's amazing that it has the same control as a dog would...it slipped on the ice and caught itself JUST like a dog...If a few scientists built this- imagine what the governments secret programs have built.

[edit on 3/24/2008 by PimpyMcgibbins]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This is really cool as long as it doesnt chase me down, but it sounds to me like its time to start carrying an EMP device.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I saw this a few years ago as well. It is quite eerie the way that thing moves around. Oh and this is something else....I apologize for not be savvy enough to do this right..

www.youtube.com...

ok I guess it did work

[edit on 24-3-2008 by badmatty]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
sorry to tell you but this was already being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Saw this last week.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I see characteristics of the dog, deer and horse... with a human brain behind it. Yes, this is very chilling indeed. Think about the model T, and where cars are now in terms of their physicality and technology. My intuition tells me that this creation is only the little bit that we know about. The military probably owns it and much more. The military will use it to control and kill people. The defense against such a robot depends on it's composition and capabilities. Good luck, Earthlings!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have a feeling that the plans for this thing are big. These machines and anything similar could be used to do a whole lot of good, or a whole lot of evil.

Looking at the people in power, I'd go with the latter.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I could imagine things like this taking over a country without human soldiers.
I can imagine robots being developed that are way better than these that are very top secret. It's a scary thought to imagine killer robots with weapons. Things like this will get out and be copied by others who could use this technology to kill. ( Like Terrorists and extremist ) I just hope that doesn't happen.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Looks like they taught BigDog some new tricks....

BigDog Beta

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Cmon guys, we can't turn everything into a conspiracy.

This robot is just a quadriped experiment - it's entire existence is to simulate a quadriped.

Real military 'robots' would already be capable of coverng any terrain. There is no chance of them developing this robo-dog design into weaponry because they already have advanced weaponry.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
i think i saw this about a year ago and they said it may be used as a sort of pack horse for the military. it makes sence in areas when you cannot drive.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Its funded by DARPA. That should tell you all you need to know about where this project is going, or at least, where they want it to go.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join