It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO Sighting ( Florida)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
So iam new here and i wana share my experience with you guys.

I seen 2 UFO's before, but this one has more meaning to me because i had two other witnesses. This one was about 4 years ago.

I live in South Florida, and there is a highway that crosses Florida called "Alligator Alley" Now, in the middle of Florida, all there is Everglades, and there is no Lighting on the roads. So me, my brother, and my mother, are coming back from a trip to the West coast at about 9 pm. Iam a Ufo enthusiast but, my family really never cared that much. so we start making convo about Ufo's and such, as i look out the window I see a Bright red ball, at my horizon, at about 10:00. (Note This) It had a tail dragging behind it, and i was moving at a fairly slow speed.

Now, as my family is stunned looking at this "thing", we start making deduction as it cannot be a plane due to no blinking lights, and its brightly red color. We watch it for about 7 minutes and it dissapears into the dark.
As were talking abou what we just saw, i notice the same object at the other side of the horizon, at about 2:00 now. Now, im no physics expert, but for an object to move from side of the horizon to another, at such a far distance, it has to move pretty fast. After that, it dissapeared and we didnt see it again.

My family still brings up that incident and were sure it was an UFO.

What you guys think?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I wish you had a camera and took pictures.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Interesting, I also live in south florida and am very familiar with alligator alley.

Unfortunately I have never had the privledge of seeing a UFO. Bummer.

I live 30 minutes from ft myers btw

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Two things come to mind for me on this sighting. As you saw this in the glades (an area which I have crossed multiple times), it makes distance very difficult to judge. The glades are very dark and very flat, you have a pretty much infinite line of sight to the horizon in all directions, so a distant object may appear to be closer then you realize. The stars are so bright down there, that I have mistaken them for aircraft landing lights, even after dawn. You cannot judge an aircraft at distance based on rotating beacons or strobe lights, this has been proven, as they are not always bright enough to over-shine a brighter light source. At a great distance the strobes, beacons, and nav lights would not be far enough away from the primary light, especially on a small aircraft such as a fighter plane, to be distinct in themselves. You have two things that occur here in Florida that many people don’t know about, or may have never seen before. First, you have an extensive amount of fighter aircraft that train in the area (especially at Avon Park bombing range, a little ways north of the everglades); and secondly, you have restricted air corridors across the state for guided missile testing (like cruise missiles, and one for the space shuttle's return glide).

With this all in mind, and considering the description you gave, I would guess that you either saw a fighter plane using afterburners from Homestead AFB, or a cruise missile test. A cruise missile test sounds most probable, as you saw one pass, then a few minutes later you observed them launch another missile. The best way to check is to go to your local private airport, and see if they can correlate the location with one of the restricted areas, and if that was closed at the time for testing. You can also call Avon Park, and Homestead and see if maybe you saw two of their planes running on afterburners.

Good luck in your search.

[edit on 3/24/2008 by defcon5]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
the last post sounds very informative. read it if you havent already done so. keep in mind that you are and experiencer as well....what does your heart tell you? your family still talkes about it dont they. find truth in your family. I would even go as far as saying that there are tons of credible ufo sightings among us...no need in trying to get a 100% matter of fact sighting,, you saw a ufo plain and simple. and i for one believe you.

[edit on 03/06/2008 by LordThumbs]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I've seen 3 different types of "ufo" over South Florida skies. The very first was 4-5 years ago on I-75 near alligator alley, daytime, cylinder object flew above and much faster than airplanes in the sky at the time.

second was a night sighting of a stationary light that changed colors and faded in and out.

third was this year and posted Here

and welcome to ATS my fellow Floridians

[edit on 3-24-2008 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Manchav9

Odd that I even did a related search tonight but its even odder that your story is so close to my own story from the exact area. If I didnt know beter I would think you were telling my story. I would love to talk with you more about this. I hope you check this and our paths cross....there is more to my story.

top topics

join