It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC 83: Serra vs. GSP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Rampage is quite the comedian and it is apparent that Griffin wears his heart on his sleeve. I think we're in for a great season. I had a crew in last night for some poker and watched Fight Night. A good time had by all.

The next UFC event should be a little better though.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Almost ironic that two huge John Lennon fans would like watching the UFC.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Emphasis on "almost".

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
The next UFC event should be a little better though.

I bet it will. Remember...pics pics pics!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

My ticket does state that no cameras are permitted, but any concert or sporting event that I have ever been to also said the same. With the exception of an INXS concert a few years ago, I have never had someone say I couldn't take a camera. I'm sure they say that to prevent people from taking professional cameras to the event.

I'll be surely taken my digital camera and getting as many pictures as I can. (Actually, my girlfriend's camera. So I'll have to be on my best behaviour with it)

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I have to be honest, I have been pretty lax about keeping up with the UFC since the last Ultimate Fighter season. So I have a question:

What exactly is the WEC? Is that like a farm system for the UFC, or is owned by someone else entirely?

Just wondering because it seems like they have a lot of UFC staff working for them, and I know Dana usually has them sign contracts that won't allow them to sign with any other programs.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

There are several MMA organizations curently up and running, and most of them can be found airing on the Fight Network. Mark Cuban owns ShoXC (which I believe was formally EliteXC, but I could be wrong) which just struck a deal with CBS to air events live on one of America's major networks. They've certainly laid the ground work to potentially upstage the UFC, but they need to attract the talent.. which I don't see happening.

Big money, big networks, no talent.. no viewers. Yesterdays biggest up and coming star is today's biggest nobody in this sport. And I don't think anybody has a better system in place than the UFC.

I tend to read MMA Junkie on a daily basis to keep up on everything.

A week from tomorrow I fly out.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Here is a sneak preview for the upcoming UFC 83 countdown.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join