It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Consciousness Experiment

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Thanks for the good ideas!

So far I'd like to do these three events (although unfortunately we can only do one at a time I guess):

- Make the eagle in the Oregon live webcam spread its wings, or return to the nest if not on-screen
- A bright light is seen above the head of the Statue of Liberty
- Help someone fight cancer or some other illness

The eagle idea I think is really good for a first experiment - it's simple and not too demanding. The bright light above the Statue of Liberty would be interesting too but it might not be possible - I'd really like the first experiment to be a success if possible, which is why I'm trying to choose a somewhat "easy" first task. Helping cure cancer is probably the most helpful thing we could do, but I think it's too ambitious for a first experiment.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by ac500]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think the Eagle idea is a good to start for the basis of this experiment. Having lights above every capital city would be extremely hard. I think a group of people would have to concentrate on a chosen city and there are just not enough people doing this experiment. Does anyone have a rough idea of when this will start?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Does anyone have a rough idea of when this will start?

The original post provides a link to an accurate (usually within .2 seconds) count-down, so everyone will know exactly when to start. Here's the link again:

www.timeanddate.com...

Since I can't edit my original post any more, I guess I'll be posting a new thread when the event decision is made (unless there's some other way to edit my post). I'll probably title it "Mass Consciousness Experiment #1". When that time comes, I'll post a response here asking everyone to continue the discussion in the new thread.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Hi,

Just had a thought...if the webcam site doesnt have enough bandwidth to cope with a few hundred or maye a few thousand people logging on then it may turn out to be a bit of a shambles. Problems with streaming etc...

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hmm.. that could be a concern. Their servers probably aren't prepared for massive amounts of viewers - I mean, I doubt there's ever more than a handful of viewers watching it at any time.

Maybe we should have a backup plan in case the server goes down?

Or we could try another idea. Maybe concentrate on doves flocking around the statue of liberty?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ac500

Or we could try another idea. Maybe concentrate on doves flocking around the statue of liberty?

I had thought about that before but didn't post it because I did not know if it is or it isn't something that "normally" happens.

Any New Yorkers here to tell us if it's common to have doves around the Statue?

Peace

Edit: oh my, I'm terrible at spelling in english

[edit on 26-3-2008 by Sator]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Some good things to focus on here... so where's the OP?

I'm off to lurk other threads. I'll be back tomorrow to check to see what the majority agreed on.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

That would be a good test as doves aren't very plentiful in the urban environment.

warnell.forestry.uga.edu...

Perhaps you are thinking of pigeons. But they are already nesting in the SOL.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Thanks for the good ideas!

So far I'd like to do these three events (although unfortunately we can only do one at a time I guess):

- Make the eagle in the Oregon live webcam spread its wings, or return to the nest if not on-screen
- A bright light is seen above the head of the Statue of Liberty
- Help someone fight cancer or some other illness

The eagle idea I think is really good for a first experiment - it's simple and not too demanding. The bright light above the Statue of Liberty would be interesting too but it might not be possible - I'd really like the first experiment to be a success if possible, which is why I'm trying to choose a somewhat "easy" first task. Helping cure cancer is probably the most helpful thing we could do, but I think it's too ambitious for a first experiment.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by ac500]

I am a bit dissapointed that the focus lies in the US - I'm guessing that there are people from all over on ATS so it would be nice to do an experiment that involved every nationality.....just a thought.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

It seems like we are still waiting for the perfect idea. So if you have any ideas please throw them out there. Keep in mind it should be affecting an item or location everyone is familiar with. Thats why I like the webcam idea, because regardless of what country it is in you can still visualize it. However, the bandwidth is an issue..

Perhaps we can all focus on my work place and make the power go out, id love to go home early

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Most paranormal phenomena work best when they are EMOTIONALLY charged. Group exercises work best when a group feels a group identity and shares a common goal.

I think a user on page 4 mentioned repairing an ice shelf and that idea seems to fit the above criteria.

Another idea for giggles is:
Concentrate on Bush and make him wet himself in public.

Okay, on a more serious note again, *still giggling here*, how about concentrating on the White House flag (dimensions are larger than the usual flag and we'd have to look the dimensions up if this idea was chosen). Concentrate and make it turn UPSIDE-DOWN just as Bush has turned our constitution upside-down!

Oh wait, bet we need a more 'global' goal right? It's not just Americans here ... something people worldwide would approve of and is emotionally charged. How about picking a starving nation and make it RAIN RICE! I like that one! Or BREAD!

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Trexter Ziam]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Yes, bandwidth might be big issue. Good call. Well, based on my distant school experience, maybe for a start only:
When physics teacher wanted to explain "randomality" by coin tossing, it landed 12 times in row on the same side, to our joy and teachers awe. He tossed the coin,btw.
Maybe OP asks someone neutral he/she(sorry,not sure
) knows to toss coin for x times (long enough) and we all concentrate on a certain result. Then once a result is established, ill people could be an option.
My zero cents.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Some good things to focus on here... so where's the OP?

I'm not sure what you mean. I'll post a new thread when we decide on a topic (probably tonight or tomorrow).

I am a bit dissapointed that the focus lies in the US - I'm guessing that there are people from all over on ATS so it would be nice to do an experiment that involved every nationality.....just a thought.

Unfortunately due to timezones, etc. we have to focus on some general region of the world for any single experiment. However, in addition to the US-focused experiments, we could have experiments targeted especially for Europeans and other countries. Something like Saturdays for US experiments, Sundays for UK experiments, etc. I don't know, it might be too much trouble for me to manage myself though.

That would be a good test as doves aren't very plentiful in the urban environment.

warnell.forestry.uga.edu...

Perhaps you are thinking of pigeons. But they are already nesting in the SOL.

Yeah, doves would be unusual, but pigeons would be easier since they're already in the area naturally. Hmm...

Maybe at the specified time, we can concentrate on all pigeons (or any other birds) in NY taking flight and flying around like crazy.

Influencing the result of multiple coin tosses / dice rolls would probably be good, except it might be a little too insignificant even for a first experiment.

Making it "rain rice" on a poor nation should probably be saved for later experiments though.

So here are the current ideas that might work:
- Make all birds (pigeons, etc.) in New York city take flight and fly around erratically, for several minutes.
- Make a bright light "orb" appear above the head of the Statue of Liberty

Of course there are many more ideas we can do that I haven't listed, but that's because they're probably too large for a first experiment.

Feel free to post any new ideas or reasons why any of the above ideas shouldn't be used. I'd like to create the thread for Experiment #1 tonight if possible.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by ac500]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
WE did something similar to this on another board, where we wanted to see if we could materialize weatlth . Get 20 people on a list. Agree on a name and day, and imgaine that person getting unexpected money.

The did this for 20 days for each person. Some did get unexecpected money. not all. Was interesting.

Ama

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

So here are the current ideas that might work:
- Make all birds (pigeons, etc.) in New York city take flight and fly around erratically, for several minutes.
- Make a bright light "orb" appear above the head of the Statue of Liberty

I like the idea of using birds, although something tells me that it would be easier if we had a "target" for them, instead of just focusing on them "flying erratically"... in my opinion, to focus on a specific target is more "productive.

Of course, I like the "orb"\ball of light idea better because THAT would be something indisputable if it took place.

Peace

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If you're counting heads, I'm in.
I'd also like to suggest that you do not pick an event that others may be unknowingly thinking against.
For example. What good are a hundred people thinking "rain" over a particular location if a thousand locals are thinking "gonna be a hot dry one today"

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
hi,
I know that focussed intent, which is what we would be doing, does work.
Over the years I have been working in the spiritual growth field and have used various methods to show people that we are extremely powerful if we focus. As the old saying goes, "Where your attention goes, energy flows"

Last weekend (easter) I had a group of six kids make a hole in thick clouds so they could see the full moon. They succeeded in this experiment within ten seconds.

Each of them commented on how they felt during the experiment, which was a warm, powerful feeling they had. From my experience, this is exactly what you do feel.

About 7 years ago while teaching a very small meditation group, a lady asked whether we could make it rain by thinking about it. That night I went home and checked weather maps for suitable cloud formation, which were out in the Pacific at that time. So I phoned the group and asked them to come for meditation the following morning, which they did. All I asked them to do was 'imagine' seeing the clouds over the ocean and then also imagine that they could reach out to it with their mind and pull the clouds towards us.

Okay, sounds a bit far fetched right? But, even though each of the participants doubted it would come, I watched those clouds move west towards us and three days later we got good soaking rain like we had not had for ten years.

I know this works. So count me in.

*** Note... it is 9:45A.M. on the 28th in Australia, so we need to get a target organised quickly for this experiment.

Mark

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I am in for this experiment. I like the idea about the white house power going out. Considering everything and everyone is connected by energy and wavelengths, electromagnetism or something to do with EM radiation may be the easiest thing to achieve with an experiment like this. Maybe not the white house since they probably have backup on top of backup generators in place.

Perhaps we could concentrate on a less than stable power grid somewhere or a buildup of electromagnetic energy in a communications satellite that would affect communication everywhere. DirecTV???? Wouldn't be able to knock it out of course but any sort of glitch or jitter would be noticeable.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
if we can find a current picture of one of those famous balancing rocks in arizona, or utah or somewhere, we can concentrate on knocking it over..? May be hard to verify though.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Hey there everyone...

AC/OP - I was wondering where you were to see what you had to say about what was going to go down - nothing more. I didn't catch your recent posts before mine for some reason.

So, I'm thinking about the ideas given here and in reading how many folks are responding positively to the birds flying erratically around the statue of liberty - or liking something similiar to that, I believe I would be game to participate in that one.

Up for further consideration is possibly using Canadian Geese instead of doves or pigeons. Many live down south that stay year round nowdays - I'm not sure how common they are in NY though. We could have like 14 of them circling the head of the statue in pairs, with an approximate distance of an average sized doorway's length apart from each other.

Or we could focus on one big bird that chills out on the head of the statue for a long while, like an eagle, crane or pelican.

I would need a picture of the statue of liberty and the type of bird or birds to look at to get an absolutely clear picture in my head. Suppose I could find my own on the web or maybe someone will post a picture or pictures for all to view right here. That is, picture/s of what IS decided on.

And yet another idea is concentrating on masses of sharks entering the Mississippi River through the Gulf, attempting to travel up it. Or monkeys at some local zoo breaking out of their cages who are found eating the candy at the zoos gift shop.

Oh, here's another idea, we could like concentrate on masses of Monarch Butterflies landing only on the statue of liberty's hair. Or what about this, there is a beetle found in the south that has a bright red shell - we could have masses of them land on the lips of the statue.

I have to keep reminding myself that this is all going to be in the evening time so it might be hard to see.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join