It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese find mysterious 'PLANET X'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Japanese find mysterious 'PLANET X'

www.presstv.com

Japanese astronomers believe a mysterious new planet dubbed 'Planet X' is orbiting in the outer reaches of the Earth's solar system.

Kobe University scientists claim 'Planet X' is about two-thirds the size of the Earth and has the same elliptical solar orbit.

"The possibility is high that a yet unknown, planet-class celestial body, measuring 30 percent to 70 percent of the Earth's mass, exists in the outer edges of the solar system," said a Kobe University statement.

The discovery comes two years after the International Astronomical Union excluded Pluto from the list of planets, saying the solar system consists solely of Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.

SBB/HGH
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Nibiru, is that you?

come to return to flood my earth again? or take me away? sleep with my women?

But really, this is awesome news. What a great age to be a live in.

www.presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
OK I'm no rocket scientist but this. (The possibility is high that a yet unknown,) Where is the proof? Sounds like they have found nothing.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
[edit on 23-3-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

www.planetxvideo.com...

google nibiru and or planet x

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Japanese scientists eye mysterious 'Planet X'
Kyoko Hasegawa , AFP
Published: Thursday, February 28, 2008
Scientists at a Japanese university said Thursday they believed another planet up to two-thirds the size of the Earth was orbiting in the far reaches of the solar system.

The researchers at Kobe University in western Japan said calculations using computer simulations led them to conclude it was only a matter of time before the mysterious "Planet X" was found.

"Because of the very cold temperature, its surface would be covered with ice, icy ammonia and methane," Kobe University professor Tadashi Mukai, the lead researcher, told AFP.

www.canada.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This is new? I remember a talk about a new planet 'planet X' years ago.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

Well, they haven't "Found" it -- they have done calculations that said one could exist, but I say again: they haven't found it.

I don't doubt another large body exists in the Kuiper belt. So far we have only recently found "Eris" (in 2005) which is larger than Pluto, and astronomers have also found "Sedna" which is slightly smaller than Pluto, plus "2003 EL61", "2005 FY9" and "Quaoar" which are all a little smaller than Sedna. I'm sure more will be found. Although just because we have found other large bodies does not mean that "Nibiru" exists.

I'm sure we've only scratched the surface of Kuiper belt objects. I don't see why the potential future discovery of this object would qualify it as anything more than just another object in the Kuiper belt. Although when they do actually find this object, if its size and orbit turn out to be as calculated by the Japanese, then it could quite possibly be considered a Planet -- but that does not mean that it is the mythical "Nibiru".

Here's another story about the Japanese calculations and the POSSIBILTY of this body existing:
www.canada.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Yes, this whole Nibru may be one of the greatest hoaxes ever. However it may have blown up or was destroyed after supposably leaving the earths closest point 2000 yrs ago or so. Who knows? They had nukes too you may realize. Also a good read is Zacharia Sitchen's 2004 epic The Lost Book of Enki, Bear and Co. Rochester Vermont.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Yet another misleading title for a thread. I really wish that people would use their brains before posting on this forum. Trying to clean up the BS is a monumental task.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
All I know is reading a number of scientists flying/conversing in antartica two years ago. It has since been built up to accomodate c130's. A fluke? Perhaps, perhaps not.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This story has long since been reported on ATS. And also, the title is a bold-faced lie. Not impressed.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
X being the algebraic symbol for the unknown, this planet once found will no longer qualify for the title. There are bound to be more large objects orbitting out there beyond Pluto undetected but why do any of them necessarily have extreme elliptical orbits that pose a threat to the inner planets?
The stable state of the known solar system in terms of planets and their moons suggests that there are no such intruders on a regular cycle of destruction and mayhem. Consider the age of the solar system and how many such orbital cycles would have been completed by now by the intruder. It just doesn't add up

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Yet another one off news article that goes nowhere. Why do none of these stories make it to main stream news? because our news reporters 'research' before publishing.
I have said many times I would love to see a new planet out there but have to wait patiently.
To hear of one heading for us is in my mind out of the question. I know this was not mentioned here but it is only a matter of time before somebody says it....

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
if planet x hits the earth every 3600 hundreds yesrs then why are we still almost spherique???

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

I heard about this on the major news outlets (I think both Fox News and MSNBC had a story), and I even saw it in my local newspaper. However, since there REALLY ISN'T MUCH OF A STORY beyond esoteric science matters, not too much was made of it.

The title of this thread is misleading...the Japanese DID NOT find another planet. However they did do some calculations that show another large body could exist out there somewhere, but they have not found it.

While the story is scientifically interesting -- and if the Planet is later found then the Japanese calaculations should be commended -- the fact is that this "potential planet" could NOT be the mythical Nibiru since the calculated orbit of this planet postulated by the Japanese does not take it anywhere near the inner solar system.

[edit on 4/8/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
its supose to be a huge iced rock that has nothing living on it. and it dosent show as a planet on google earth/sky...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
Why do none of these stories make it to main stream news? because our news reporters 'research' before publishing.

And then after they research the story they..

1. verify it will potentially rank high on public ratings
2. isn't a conflict of interests with the organizations that are funding them

and then if those 2 are kosher, main stream news will report it

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

It's not Planet X.

When will this childish insanity end? There is NO planet X.

If people keep going around believing in stuff as ridiculous as this, without any evidence, then I'd argue that we're living in a terrible age full of gullibility and disdain for rationality.

top topics

join