It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mahabharata, Evidence of Ancient Nuclear Wars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Genesis 1:28:
28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth

Why replenish?

Because the author of the King James bible decided it?

New King James:
Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it
Contemporary English:
God gave them his blessing and said: Have a lot of children! Fill the earth with people and bring it under your control.
God blessed them: "Prosper! Reproduce! Fill Earth! Take charge!

Just to mention a few variants. Most I see have the "subdue" version in various forms. To REALLY answer the question "why replenish", one need the exact translation of the original bible in hebrew (a stage between that would be seeing what the latin bible say). Unfortunely, I dont know hebrew (or latin).

Love your 'translations'. Concise and on the mark, in my opinon anyway. As a minor point; as far as the languages...

I always understood it to be Greek before Latin, and Hebrew (old testament) before Greek, (none of which I speak/read/write either.) I do believe that the bulk of the documents used for the New Testament were originally written in Greek... Paul wrote in that language pretty much exclusively.

Sorry to get off topic.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reignite

Originally posted by Harte

Ok, well i don't know about that particular ascension, so i guess you are right about that one?

But there still remain many magnificent quotes and passages listed in the Mahabharate that have been correctly translated. Some of them really resemble history lessons of other races.

This is true.

The Mahabharata is extremely long, even for an epic tale. The link you provided to the post where the author was basically cutting and pasting from a web page claiming the Indians had a greatly advanced technological civilization (further advanced than our own) is evidence that, for all the length of the Mahabharata, fringe proponents have written almost as much material misrepresenting the Mahabharata as is actually contained in the epic itself!

Again, this is what leads me to thank you for providing book and verse for your quotes from the Mahabharata. Keep up the good work and let us know if you find anything really weird.

Harte

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Well you have for example the creature Garuda, which is told about in the first few sections (i will look it up later). Often he is depicted as half/bird half/man. But (in the Mahabharata) he is described as a creature capabale of taking any form and any size at any instant.
edit on 13/10/10 by Reignite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

What if the pyramids were nothing more than nuclear shelters for the rich and elite of the day?

Then they would have starved, dehydrated, and likely swam in their own excrement. Even a cursory study of even the largest pyramids would show there isn't enough room to even house one elite family comfortably, let alone provide drinking water, food storage, etc.

Every facet of their design reflects the purpose stated by numerous archeological evidence (tombs).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join