It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

zoom in on what was the moon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
img186.imageshack.us...

zoom in on this pciture of the moon look's awsome lol
btw this picture is from mufon....
and the guy that took picture say's it's the moon.
But the moon looked like this int he picture.

either way cool picture

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It's not a moon.
It's a sphere-shaped battlestar!

Awwghh..on the second look, it's a moon..rats!

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Breadfan]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
what kind of a camera can make the moon look like that?!
where was this taken anyways? there are some dust paticals in the air and you can see some... maybe its just a shiny dust patical... lol

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It's obviously not the Moon because it appears 'full'. The setting Sun and 'Moon' are too close together. The Moon would be either invisible or the slimmest crescent in this position. The object in question looks like something from Photoshop to me.

WG3

[edit on 23-3-2008 by waveguide3]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Never mind. I said something stupid.

[edit on 3/23/08 by Sleuth]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
From the EXIF data:

Date/Time Original : 2004:11:08 06:19:11

From the naval Observatory:

Monday
8 November 2004 Universal Time - 6h

SUN
Begin civil twilight 06:21
Sunrise 06:46
Sun transit 12:11
Sunset 17:36
End civil twilight 18:01

MOON
Moonset 14:51 on preceding day
Moonrise 02:38
Moon transit 09:03
Moonset 15:20
Moonrise 03:37 on following day

Phase of the Moon on 8 November: waning crescent with 18% of the Moon's visible disk illuminated.

Doesn't seem to be a picture of the moon from earth unless the camera date/time is wrong.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Looking at the photo again, there's clearly a couple of lens reflections of the 'Moon' which makes me believe this image is probably genuine. The question is, what are we seeing here?
The EXIF data from the image obviously don't tell you the location of the image, but sunrise on any particular day is more or less the same anywhere on Earth as far as the Moon, stars and planets are concerned. You see a difference in the angular orientations due to latitude, but the sky is the same everywhere. Reconstructing the 8 November 2004 sunrise scene from my location using Stellarium produces an interesting result. No less than three planets are on view in addition to the crescent Moon and they are also in alignment.

Stellarium Reconstruction

The appearance of the 'Moon' in the original photo leads me to conclude it is undoubtedly the planet Venus shot out of focus. The concentric patterns on the disc suggest this is just another 'Airy' disc type image of Venus purporting to be something else.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
Looking at the photo again, there's clearly a couple of lens reflections of the 'Moon' which makes me believe this image is probably genuine. The question is, what are we seeing here?

Yes, interesting reflections. And since Venus is a morning star in winter, I would go along with the Venus idea. Interesting distortion.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

You are probably right.

For occasions like this I have an out of focus photo of Venus for comparison.

If it's not Venus it may be the Moon but seriously out of focus

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
After considering the original post, I have to wonder about MUFON. So their decision was that it was the moon?

Can the poster give us the info as the which MUFON sighting stated this?

Edit:

I found the report. reported: 2008-03-21 Sighting: 2004-11-13

Long Description of Sighting Report
I was out in Back Bay National
Wild life refuge taking pictures when I accidently captured a UFO. Zoom in on what appears to be the moon. I never saw the object with my own eyes.

So it is just the reportee's words concerning the moon. Another less than observant observer.

[edit on 3/23/2008 by roadgravel]

new topics

top topics

join