It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A real anti-christian conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Apparently, Bigwhammy, like so many others, believes Conspiracies in Religion should be restricted only to the vile, insufferable evil of Jews, Catholics, Muslims, and Atheists, since "Replies" like this one are inevitably posted whenever it comes to something critical of knuckle-dragging caveman Protestantism, fresh from the hills of Kentucky.

What we see here is the Christian conspiracy of non-responsibility. You see, gentle reader, whenever a store has a "holiday" sale rather than a "Christmas" sale, or whenever a school dares to teach evolution, it is an affront to ALL Christians. One and all, each apparently sharing one mind and outlook.

However, whenever one of these same Christians - who just moments ago, was "part of the flock" speaks up and says or does something dumb, immediately they are no longer a "Real" Christian, or at least, not "our" kind of Christian.

You see, when these people want something, they're all together. But when that bill comes, suddenly they're going dutch.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Oh, you forgot the homophobic

We even have a thread on the unconditional love for the Israeli state as a moral duty to all Christians, that one just made my day yesterday.

I am starting to really, really believe that ATS is getting full of radical fundamentalist on agendas.

I am having a lot of fun in this thread lilitu, you will see more outrageous comments directed at you in not time at all.

After all in religion is only my way or the highway because the bible tells me so.

So you will be officially condemn.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Knuckle-dragging, caveman protestantism???
Have you ever been to Kentucky?

Please, get it right!
If you think you can insult an entire state's bluecollar workers and church-goers, then keep in mind, the ONLY (supposedly) acceptable stereotype is Alabama!!! lol.
Just ludicrous!

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Originally hailing from Alabama, I am authorized to make fun of Mississippi, Louisiana, and Kentucky. It's on the back of my birth certificate.

Of course, that's not saying much, since all the signs on roads leading into Alabama say "Welcome to Alabama, home of fried butter"

And yes, knuckle-dragging caveman protestantism. As opposed to less slouched, mid-neolithic protestantism.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
|---LOTS OF NUTS - NO CONSPIRACY---|

That selection certainly demonstrated some frightening individuals. Is this typical and majority behavior?? Upon reading various comments on this thread by members who appear to be Christians it seems such behavior is an embarassment to them --- not the acceptable norm.

It is always wise to take into consideration the voices of other adherents of a faith and how they react to the lunatics in their fold.

Condemn::

Condone::

No one seems to be making excuses or approving of this behavior but agreeing that it is unsavory and minority. "Ordinary run-of-the-mill" is not an appropriate claim in this case. Let's be thankful for that.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy64

If it's in the minority, why is there so darn much of it? If it's an embarrassment, why is nobody popping them across the head and saying "Hey, dumbass, knock that stuff off!"

It's fully condoned by Christians. When the rest of us say something about it, you guys hem and haw and mumble about how it's not your particular denomination, or your particular church congregation, or your immediate family, or whatever.

Usually just before launching into a broad-brushing tirade against Jews, Muslims, Catholics - or your favorite, atheists.

My favorite part is how you guys truly, honestly think that non-Christians are total dips, unable to perceive anything going on in their surroundings. "Oh no, that's not what's really happening, despite all the evidence to the contrary."

Your religion is on the verge of eating itself. My suggestion would be to stop rubbing yourself with seasoning.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
|---THE PERILS OF ASSUMPTION---|

Why so many??. We would have to examine this statistically to come up with a fair assessment. In a belief consisting of over two billion believers it could seem they have more than their fair share or perhaps it is geographical if you are a Westerner thus making it appear to be a more prominment and condensed problem.

Why is nobody popping them upside the head?? I am not fully aware of what occurs in Christian circles and communities. It could be the extreme Christians mentioned in this thread deserving of judgment would not judge their own while the peaceful cheek-turning Christians would adhere to a judge-not philosophy. Looking through the small sample of Christians in this thread it appears some are acknowledging this behavior as unacceptable.

You Guys. Me too?? Do you know me?? Have we met?? I thought you looked familiar. It's been a long time. Tell your mother hello for me.

Your religion. My religion?? Retract my sentiments to your mother. It seems you mistook me for someone else.

After seeing a false assumption it looks like we'll be stopping here. Conclusion jumpers don't suit my tastes.

[edit on 4/15/08 by Snoopy64]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy64
|---THE PERILS OF ASSUMPTION---|

Why so many??. We would have to examine this statistically to come up with a fair assessment. In a belief consisting of over two billion believers it could seem they have more than their fair share or perhaps it is geographical if you are a Westerner thus making it appear to be a more prominment and condensed problem.

Well, we could talk about the way the huge population of African Christians acts. Or we could talk about the Christian sects and movments in India dedicated to violent conversion. Really, for this discussion, you might want to keep it centered on "the west."

Why is nobody popping them upside the head?? I am not fully aware of what occurs in Christian circles and communities. It could be the extreme Christians mentioned in this thread deserving of judgment would not judge their own while the peaceful cheek-turning Christians would adhere to a judge-not philosophy. Looking through the small sample of Christians in this thread it appears some are acknowledging this behavior as unacceptable.

And looking in another thread, these same christians are defending child rape, genocide, and cheering for the end of the world. Christians only believe these things are unacceptable when it's a non-christian broaching the subject.

You Guys. Me too?? Do you know me?? Have we met?? I thought you looked familiar. It's been a long time. Tell your mother hello for me.

Your religion. My religion?? Retract my sentiments to your mother. It seems you mistook me for someone else.

Oh, okay. You're not a Christian. You just think that the existence of Stalin makes all atheists militant and evil devil-worshippers screaming for an ocean of Christian blood. Which is of course not at all at odds with your posts here trying to defend Christianity by trying to make a point between group and individual.

After seeing a false assumption it looks like we'll be stopping here. Conclusion jumpers don't suit my tastes.

You must have one hell of a self-loathing situation then.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
And looking in another thread, these same christians are defending child rape, genocide, and cheering for the end of the world. Christians only believe these things are unacceptable when it's a non-christian broaching the subject.

Who's doing that?
Also every religion has extremists, most Christians are mislead into the "American Jesus" mentality John Ruben wrote a song about that, pretty good one. If Christians stick to the teachings of Christ, then there wouldn't be the crazy stuff that we see all the time, but people take there eyes off Christ and they get swallowed p in the raging waves of sin.

-Jimmy

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

The problem is that Jesus by itself is not enough to keep the control and manipulation on the grounds of unconditional devotion and dependency that certain variations of Christianity offers.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Which thread is that???

What genocide? The Old Testament?
'Christians, how do you justify this?'
That's been well explained.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

|---ANGRY LITTLE MAN---|

You just think that the existence of Stalin makes all atheists militant and evil devil-worshippers screaming for an ocean of Christian blood.

It is assumed you are referring to the comment on the other thread where Stalin was given as an example of an FMA. Be a dear and quote me here will you?? I would really like to see where Stalin was claimed to be a representative of all atheists. This I have to see. Take your time. I'll wait.

You must have one hell of a self-loathing situation then.

Projection Much?? Those suffering from the bully syndrome --- which you apparently do --- often project their inadequacies onto others. You may look upon it as self loathing while I will look upon it as an outsider's objectivity. Or do you have a penchant for generalization and intentional flying-off-the-handle theatrics??

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com... - Wherin you and Howie defend child rape and forced marriage

www.abovetopsecret.com... - big long thread chock full of "Genocide is okay because god said they were impure!" There are other threads outside the CiR forum from Christians defensing the holocaust, or calling for purges of ethnic group / religion X. There are other posts here in CiR calling for the total destruction of atheism and Islam, equating Catholics with pigs, and of course, calling all non-Christians "wildlife"

As for the apocalypse theology... Man. That stuff is scattered through so many threads. AshleyD is a pretty big culprit behind that, but honestly, I think most of you Christians really do look forward to any bit of the "end times" you cna imagine.

These are only from the front page of the CiR forum, and only single examples. If I really game a damn, I could fill this post up with it - and I could drag in stuff from outside this little section, particularly statements from "good christians" about how hte best solution for Middle East peace is to turn the entire region into a plate of radioactive glass.

Hallelujah and Amen.

Snoopy,

Try being a non-Christian and living in this nation for a few days. Look at it through new eyes. Hell with the nation. Look globally. Imagine what this place is like for those of us who don't swallow down Jesus or Moses or Mohammed. Deal with the crap we have to put up with based on that. Live your life as a third-class citizen, subject to abuse and derision, from people who then tell you basically, "We'll stop treating you like meat garbage if you worship our god!"

Then judge my anger. I don't think you actually comprehend life from a non-Christian angle.

And you didn't equate all atheists with the "militant" atheists? Well, I did explain to you that your hideous formatting rendered your posts useless... but what I was able to skim was basically "these atheists are all evil and worship satan and the rest of the atheists are in cahoots with them"

This being the Bigotry Against Unbelievers forum, I can't really say that I think you had much of a point beyond that.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well sadly my religion has been twisted and manipulated into something to control folks and lead them astray, that's why I started a thread about it. The are some good churches that do help people and do what Jesus said to do though, it always seems people focus on the bad though.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

|---YOU DIDN'T PASS THE READING COMPREHENSION SEGMENT OF YOUR SAT's---|

TheWalkingFox Claims Snoopy Said::

These atheists are all evil and worship satan and the rest of the atheists are in cahoots with them.

What Snoopy Actually Said::

Fundamental Militant Atheists want it ALL gone...

All atheists =/= Materialists. Direct me to where I said ALL atheists are materialists. I did not. This is about FMA's.

That is the general definition of atheism. FMA is another story...

Atheist is too general... Thus I find myself being partial to FMA. It does not offend the sensible to-each-their-own atheist yet encompasses those who are against those of nonmaterialistic philosophies.

Comments taken from:: www.abovetopsecret.com...

--------------------------------------------

A conclusion jumper and untruthful --- Are you a troll on a roll??

It looks like this conversation is over. I'm up for a sane and honest discussion --- not untruthful misquotes which seems to be your game in this thread.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

hell, there are posters working on the assumption that darwinism => atheism => communism => genocide
i don't see you correcting them...

Why should he, when the Atheist's were the ones started the whole who killed more argument to start with. Christians tried to explain, even apologised for the acts of Christians in the past but you insisted on posting the same crap again and again.

I think Atheists should acknowledge the sins they did in the past also

- Con

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu

What are you talking about? The mind? The heart? The spirit? The soul?
Sorry but I do not subscribe to this fractured view of the human mind.

Maybe that's the problem, but you know what they are talking about, you are just being difficult. You mean to tell me you have never broken anyones heart? Never had your heart broken? Ever express team spirit? School Spirit? Anyone ever try to break your spirit?

If these comments are unfamiliar to you,, I suggest you get your right hemisphere of your brain working again before it totally atrophy's and you are walking around with everyone calling you Mr Spock having the personality of a tree stump.

- Con

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com... - Wherin you and Howie defend child rape and forced marriage

Howie said;

Rather hypercritical of the government to abuse over 400 children by taking them away from their parents over a minor*, supposed infraction of one. One that was probably a "false flag".
* Why would the government be legislating the age that young women
are illegible for marriage?
Was the girl 15.11months? 16 is the age of consent, for marriage. Why was no such girl ever found?

And;

A person was deemed an adult at age 12 in the old testament. Up to about 100 years ago. 13 year old girls regularly got married. Kept them out of trouble. Kept them from becoming street walkers and drug addicts.
I suppose the godless love their teenage prostitutes. It's OK for them to indulge in that. But not for religious people to allow there young daughters to get married. Guess the system forgot the meaning of the story. "Romeo and Juliet".

No defending forced marriages or child rape!!!
????

I may be back later on the other 'stuff' you referred to.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

I know I have worked with very good people here in my neck of the wood from religious organizations that has been very helpful and done great things that only comes from deep in their harts.

Is extremist the ones I am having a hard time with, lately it has been a wave of some of their twisted views around in this boards.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Oh, okay. You're not a Christian. You just think that the existence of Stalin makes all atheists militant and evil devil-worshippers screaming for an ocean of Christian blood. Which is of course not at all at odds with your posts here trying to defend Christianity by trying to make a point between group and individual.

Wait. What? I just came from the other thread and it looked like you totally put words into other member's mouths but that has already been answered. My biggest problem is that you are looking like a mighty big hypocrite right about now.

You are criticizing a non-Christian (I think) for defending Christians in this thread and who said they are looking at it 'objectively' but you were just defending atheists on another thread but you are not an atheist. So which is it, Foxy? You bash into other people for criticizing a belief they are not apart of (which is what you have done to me many times) but are criticizing a person who is defending a belief they are not a part of (what you are doing to Snoopy right now).

Then you get have problems with someone defending another belief system when you did the same thing? Hm.

It looks like your bias just got exposed for what it is.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join