It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A real anti-christian conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Here is a real anti-christian conspiracy designed to show how brilliant ordinary run-of-the-mill christians are. And a successful one at that!

Fundies Say the Darndest Things!

Here is one shining example...

www.fstdt.com...

[about a girl being born with mental disabilities]

This girl is like a leper so what she needs to do is try and find god

if she really believes she can be healed from this state, she will be healed from this state

Most afflictions like this are caused by sins committed while still inside the womb. If she can repent for what she does god will embrace her and make her as human as you or me but if she chooses not to she'll always be like this

god tests every one of us

[edit on 22-3-2008 by Lilitu]

Replaced quote with 'ex' tags for external material

please read Posting work written by others

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24/3/08 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
i once met an athiest that believed carrots grew on trees.

do i think all athiests believe this?
do i think all ordinary run-of-the-mill athiests believe this?

if you think that person is in any way ordinary it says more about you.
if you think that person is run-of-the-mill it says more about you.

ask yourself, why exactly do you care so much about christians and what they believe. they say the worst homophobes are usually secretly gay and afraid to come out of the closet, i sometimes wonder about fervent atheists.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I'll turn that around as well. Do die-hard Christians really, secretly want to not believe?
To be free, like atheists, to just live without the burden, time and disappointment that their faith requires?
I laugh either way.
The arguments for and against atheist, christian, buddist, muslim, etc convinces me they all have it wrong.

Meh.

Cuhail

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

dunno, probably. sometimes i do, but i don't make a secret of it. i think easy faith or full unquestioning belief in anything probably mean your not asking the right questions.

i'll laugh with ya, hysterical or not i can't promise.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by pieman]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
ask yourself, why exactly do you care so much about christians and what they believe. they say the worst homophobes are usually secretly gay and afraid to come out of the closet, i sometimes wonder about fervent atheists.

I have already stated at least twice in this forum why I am discrediting christianity. If you really need an answer to that, search my previous posts. Better yet, go to the site I linked to and read the thousands of totally asinine quotes. Better still, consider how bad things have gotten in our world in the last eight years with a "devout" christian in the whitehouse and ask yourself if it could get any worse if the US morphed into a full-blown theocracy.

OT: As for your homophobic strawman - POOF! He's outed!

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Lilitu]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Your basically generalizing a whole group of individuals by the actions of some people? That is like saying every atheist believes in Darwinism, or every Muslim is a terrorist because Iraq has problems. It is wrong to generalize people and you should not do it.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

if you think that person is in any way ordinary it says more about you.

imho--Very excellent points.

Sin can be an interesting issue vis a vis Fundy Christian beliefs. I'm a Pentecostal Fundamentalist, I suppose . . . depending on one's defs.

As Christ said about one ill person . . . neither he nor his parents sinned.

Yet, we know from Scripture that the sins of the fathers are visited upon their children up to the 3rd and 4th generation.

And, we have recent scientific research that shows that when we THINK/SPEAK INTENSELY ENOUGH LONG ENOUGH--IT ALTERS OUR VERY DNA. Certainly that has implications for lots of illnesses. Negativity sown yields a harvest of negativity in more than just the Christian paradigm/construction on reality.

In this thread's case . . . the notion of a baby sinning inside the womb is ridiculous. The child would have the generic human suffering all creation has in terms of the pollutions of generic sin. But nothing earned of his/her own 'right' at birth. Both Judiasm and Christianity do not hold children accountable until they begin to understand right from wrong and have some true, more or less mature responsibility for willfully choosing wrong.

Thanks for your perceptive points.

There's far too much Christian bashing on this website. But not too surprising given 90% of the mods or more are atheists/agnostics according to one of the senior mods. Throw in a huge percentage of the membership with he same value orientation/biases, it's to be expected, sadly.

Given the NWO's determination to exterminate Christians and Jews . . . it makes for a real feeling of comfort and belonging on the part of Christians hereon. /sar

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

I've talked to folks who've asserted praying with George W Bush.

However, I'm still skeptical that he's the high level Christian some assert he is.

He sure seems to keep the NWO puppet masters' script far too closely for my comfort. Especially vis a vis Israel, immigration, NAU, etc.

Whether he toes their line in some areas so he can get away with doing good in other areas remains to be seen.

In terms of a theocracy--give me a break. This country has NEVER been further from such than it is now. The globalists have been in INCREASING CONTROL FOR AT LEAST 50 YEARS . . . some say 400 years . . . and they are determined to TOTALLY EXTERMINATE CHRISTIANS AND CHRISTIANITY.

Methinks some better research and less bias would deny ignorance more in a certain mind and life.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Your basically generalizing a whole group of individuals by the actions of some people?

So I shouldn't do wrong as christians do? Interesting how they don't like the taste of their own medicine.

Sure, I know that not all christians are slobbering morons. I have friends and professional associates who are christian and I get along just fine with them. Still, christianity as a whole represents a genuine threat to our survival as a species as do the other fundamentalist religions, and so I will do everything within my power to discredit and expose it for what it is. I will not back down. If moderate christians don't like it then they should stand up to the most extreme fundamentalists in their midst and denounce their teachings, philosophies and anti-american political activities.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
In terms of a theocracy--give me a break. This country has NEVER been further from such than it is now. The globalists have been in INCREASING CONTROL FOR AT LEAST 50 YEARS . . . some say 400 years . . . and they are determined to TOTALLY EXTERMINATE CHRISTIANS AND CHRISTIANITY.

Methinks some better research and less bias would deny ignorance more in a certain mind and life.

Oh sure, the big bad antichrist is coming.
If you don't believe theocrats pose a threat to America then perhaps you need to do a little research.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

excuse me, but why haven't you pointed out this sort of generalization from posters that aren't atheists?

hell, there are posters working on the assumption that darwinism => atheism => communism => genocide
i don't see you correcting them...

but honestly, there are a sad number of people that really believe these things, i grew up around plenty of them in missouri. i'd say they number in the tens of thousands just within the st. louis metro area...

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
On another mission, are you?

When I see threads like this, I have to wonder if they are devised to influence others or, at best, strengthen ones heart in its already hardened state? You do realize, a heart can become so hard, much like cement, it will eventually crack right down the center, and later, no matter how you attempt to mend the crack, it will be impossible.

Being one who has faith, who has been in the faith thirty years, and who has pretty much seen all the foolishness which has been laid out on the table like a deck of cards, all I have to say, it is always the same deck laid out, the only difference is, it’s just reshuffled and a new dealer stands at the table, but always, the same deck of cards.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
ummm yeah.......

MOD EDIT: Please read-One-line posts

[edit on 3/25/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

So I shouldn't do wrong as christians do? Interesting how they don't like the taste of their own medicine.

Well that is your choice. However know this, if you abolish religion nothing will change. Governments will still find reasons to invade other countries. Religion does not have us addicted to oil, nor does it promote violence. People promote violence and take advantage of the people in order to satisfy their greedy needs.

I am not saying religion is perfect, atheism is not perfect because not all the theories followed are correct. It is what the person does with it that really matters. Everything you look around you has good/bad in it. You have good and bad in yourself. You should not look at the negative aspect of things because it gives you a terrible attitude.

You think religion has done the most tragedies in the past. Well, I beg to differ because it is the people themselves and not the religion itself that commit tragedies. Leaders can conceal wars very easily. The US citizens were duped because Iraq had "WMD's", the real reasons were concealed from the public eye.

If you hate Christians that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Thank you for expressing how you feel!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
You do realize, a heart can become so hard, much like cement, it will eventually crack right down the center, and later, no matter how you attempt to mend the crack, it will be impossible.

What are you talking about? The mind? The heart? The spirit? The soul?
Sorry but I do not subscribe to this fractured view of the human mind.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

religion does not cause wars..agreed. BUT (yes it is a big BUT) the fundamentalist point of view is a breeding ground for people who will not only serve the purpose of war but do it blindly without thought.

that is the difference between being religious and encompassing yourself in spirituality.

If in the end it does not matter what you believe (which is what I believe to a certain degree) then why give yourself a label? If you decide to then all the power to you. just do not subject everyone else to it. and if you claim to have 100% truth ie, bible thumpers...then be prepared to defend your statement with reason and logic. not quotes from the same book that contradicts itself many times over...or evidence of irrelevance and philosophy that can be taken either way (sorry, getting a little specific to some in the crowd)

yet again, if you are a "fundie" then it matters not what the wisest wise man (not that I am in anyway..haha) tells you...only what the 'holey' book says.

Oh, Euinox, sorry. that was not directed solely at you. I was referring to anybody evangelising their religion in general.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
There's no conspiracy here. This is just lilitus anti-Christian propaganda and atheist evangelism. This should be moved to BTS Faith and Spirituality Forum. It is just atheist holy rolling.

[edit on 4/13/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

this is a conspiracy from within christianity, a conspiracy that allows the most ignorant and down right virulent strains of hate thought to become prevalent in mainstream christianity

granted, i find myself putting your beliefs in the virulent category (not because it's christian, because of the whole "women don't teach men" thing that you've admitted to, i'm for equality of the sexes and whatnot)

this is a conspiracy.

as a realistic human being, i know there will probably always be religion...or at the very least there will be religion for as long as i live. i want to be able to live in harmony with religious people instead of having to deal with those that make statements like the ones you'd find on "fundies say the darnedest things"

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

Lilitu, your silly

First off, I don't think Bush is a Chrisitan, he's too anti-Christ, not doing the things Christ said we should do. Yeshua said to love each other, turn the other cheek, pray for your enemies. Bush is blasting them and bombing them, they may not even really be our enemies. What the church has become (from being twisted by politicians) is not as effective and productive and Christlike as it should be.

There are churches that do great things like feeding and clothing homeless people, feeding and clothing starving people in Africa, not because they have to, but because they want to. My dad is a great example of a good pastor, he was a plumber and hired homeless people for minimum wage to work for him digging ditches and putting in pipe, we owned some aprtments and my dad would let them live there for a reasonable price, my dad never took money from the church, the church was right accross the street from the mission, every month we would give out hotdogs and hambergers and food and stuff, we also had a food pantry (as most churches do) and we would deliver food to needy families. In the church we had a coffee shop where all the homeless people would come and drink coffee and eat food. My family supported other families, buying them clothes and helping them with rent, buying them food, they continue to do this to this day even though my dad is'nt a pastor anymore. My friends growing up were drug dealers, prostitutes, homless people, childmolesters and thieves, most of them are working and doing real well in life, there lives have change completely around for the better. That my friend is what a church and what Christians are supposed to be like. My dad was a very well respected man because of the Christ like love he showed in the dangerous nieghborhood where I grew up. The other churches never helped us do anything though, pretty sad thing, we would ask and they were too afraid to go to our side of the tracks and help out.

Christianity isn't all bad if it's centered around Christ, if it's centered around money it becomes as bad as the rest of the world, money is a big corruptor. Yeshua said that it is easier for really huge goofy looking animal to go through the hole in a needle than for a rich man to become a part of Christianity. You have to be willing to sacrifice everything you have just so you can help someone else, if we all did that the world would be a better place.

-Jimmy

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

The difference is, you could grow a patch of carrots, and invite him over. Then you could yank them out of the ground and go "Hey, look at these, you dumbass!"

However, with a religious mook, if you present them with fact, htey call you a liar. If you were to tell the guy quoted in the OP "No, this is not treatable" his response would be something along the lines of you hating god and having no faith.

How do I know this? Because inbreeding restricts variety.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join