It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently, I am not popular

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I have been a member of this site for a while now and have shared my experiences honestly regarding a number of subjects in which I may have personal experience and/or a theory about. Recently I have been attacked and the main source was in the moon conspiracy forum where I was accused of rickrolling by one member and when I googled rickrolling and clicked the link to find out what it is- my computer went crazy with Rick Astley and his overproduced singing.

Anyway- it was one of my "friends" who accused me of rickrolling and told me of the severe consequences it brings- understandably so when I googled it myself.

The fact remains that I know nothing of rickrolling and if a subject or a link was tagged with immature stupidity- I certainly never knew about it.

I will get to my point and be as clear as I can possibly be. I was a former entertainment executive in Hollywood in varying degrees of success and failure. I worked with the top and bottom of this cesspool called show business- which has also led me to be in contact with other high-powered and low powered people.

My experiences have been diverse to say the least and in making a very long story short- I decided to come on here and be truthful as an amends for my participation in a business which has ruined the world- at least Hollywood has been a major player in ruining this world- IMO.

Fact is, apparently truth and real experiences are not something this site is terribly interested in in any other way but by forcing people to reveal their sources and when I finally did reveal by name a source- I was attacked, accused and made fun of.

Most of the people on here do not know this- but what the hell. Here I was in the game- smack in the middle:

www.variety.com...

The fact is- by standing up for real talent and true artists and fairness and all that is good (which really doesn't exist) You can see what I thought of the Clinton Administration (if you even read the article) and what I had the courage and balls to say in trying to wake people up over a decade ago!

I paid then and continue to pay a very heavy price for speaking up as a free man wanting it fair and equal for everyone. Most of you on here have no real clue as to how nasty and evil these people truly are and how they destroy and ruin people lives.

And when someone like me has courage to take a hit to wake your asses up- I get ridiculed and blown off and terrorized even further. This happens to every whistleblower without exception.

Even with solid proof behind a whistle blowers accusation this is what happens when we come forward.

Don't concern yourself with why so many government/corporate/religious/scientific and/or any other person doesn't come forward. It is because we are not appreciated and we have thrown our lives away in vain because we believe in you and me

My gawd there are some terribly mean people in the world and on this site! I have had every weakness exploited which has included some of the cruelest and most vile things that people are capable of when terrorizing someone.

I am sorry for being sorry. My amends have been made in full.

This site has lost a very credible and experienced source- You don't even know it and what's worse- you don't even care.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Woah there! In the grand scheme of things you have only been here a short time according to your avatar. Don't be so quick to leave.
Chose your battles more effectively. Yes there are those who will get on your nerves, but to a lot of people..this is a place where they hide behind a name and avatar, and care not that they are speaking to REAL people.
Not all of us are like that..and I would hate to see you leave for the reasons you stated.
Please stay awhile longer.
AD

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
If the worst you are accused of on ATS is rickrolling, then I would say you are a coherent, intelligent, productive member of society. You can't find happiness in the minds of others, especially not anonymous, pimple-faced internet posters. I, for one, enjoy your contributions to ATS. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
You don`t have to leave, not all people on this site are horrendous, wait for a while.

Without really knowing I believe you were a victim of some post gangs that seems to me work for NASA, or at least symphatize with them to an extreme level. You might not know it, but one of my heroes, John Lear, used to be an active member, and he also became a victim of these people, everytime he said something against the establishment out of the dark they would come, most times in pairs and many times in a larger groups, just to ridiculize John and try to make him look like a clown. But John also had friends and people supported him, I did it proudly.

Don`t worry about it, just as there are bad people here, there are good.

And thanks for the post, would very much like to hear more on what you know.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

If I had an important topic that I didn't want derailed, I'd put it in the RATS forum. Usually the less intelligent members don't stay too long, so maybe you'll have a better chance for intelligent discussion where only the 'seasoned veterans' can chime in. The members that have been here longer tend to disagree in a much more polite manner, and you can learn a lot more from someone who disagrees with your point of view when they are civil.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I appreciate what you folks have said and I know not all the people on here are "bad". My point is I truly felt I found a site which would appreciate my viewpoints and experience and it was "felt" like the perfect place to reach out and make a living amends for my part in a horrible horrible business. And although show business is suffering and falling apart- and it will not recover- the amends I speak of is for my part in it.

I was not willing to make the kind of sacrifices necessary to succeed permanently, but it was offered to me. I tried to make a difference by not engaging in the same manner. Fixing it from the inside rather than scalp everyone in your way then buy back your soul once you have money and fame. That's what they do you know.

An example is Bill Cosby. He is loved and adored by millions and his "philanthropy" is legendary. People do not know that when he was in the heyday of the Cosby Show- just how nasty, greedy, evil and deplorable he was when the casts contracts came up for re-negotiation. I worked at the agency at that time and I witnessed one of the most despicable spectacles I have ever seen. At the time I thought it was clever, smart, inventive and even genius and it catapulted Bill into legend status with me. But it was beyond evil and many of those actors whom you don't hear from again were destroyed that day and the next season it was more than evidenced and the show died.

I mention this only because I came that close to becoming everything I abhor- and not that many ride so close and survive- let alone to make amends- which is owed.

Today I live a life which is considered by many to be privileged as I reside in a marvelously guiled cage. I only wanted to offer my insights from being that close to the edge- many agents who came to the same place I did and refused to sell out have committed suicide and worse.

I guess I should consider myself lucky to have survived and probably shouldn't think I have much to offer anyone who is not as close to the edge as I have been. Most people are really quite clueless. There are also some over-educated idiots who kill the point and distort reality with too much information.

My personal battles and grappling with sanity comes largely from getting as close as possible to the "dark side". The price is heavy enough to simply survive. I assure you my angry rants are nowhere near as mean as the actions of horrible people whom I have complained about!

I do appreciate the kind words and support. I wonder why John Lear is no longer an active member here?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hang in there....

Sometimes you have to stand for awhile in the mush before it parts and lets you through...

If you keep posting well thought out, articulate and intelligent posts, the trolls will eventually leave you alone and move on to another target. Well mostly...

Trust me when I tell you I got attacked fairly often when I first got here, due in part to my profession, now that I have developed a small reputation, it is only on occasion and I can deal with that...

Get a thick skin and jump in there with both feet... I bet you enjoy the ride...

PS... Come on over to the Conservative Forum and post all the anti-Clinton you want too....
get some Applauses and get your points built up and go in the RATS forum where you wont have any trolls at all...

Semper

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It can be tough, but there are many fun people to converse with here. I try to not play into other people's games or strike back (therefore lowering myself to their insults). Two people are pressing against each other, and one of them stops; the other falls. Those who press and harass usually don't seem to last long.

[edit on 21/3/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Don't allow everything you've done and anyone else accuse you of anything now.

There are some I have spoken to who are at the doors of heaven who know that everything man has done will be revealed and all truth will come out.

Needless to say, I love ya man.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

Stick around dk3000 and let it go in one end
and out the other! lol
My dad met Bill Cosby when he was doing stand-up comedy, at the
Sorrento Hotel in Seattle. That's before Bill made it big! Dad said he was the funniest person he'd ever met. Your experience sounds interesting to me. I once worked for a fellow who photographed the stars. He really liked Charles Bronson. I hope he doesn't have any smut on him. I don't know what happened to John Lear. I really enjoyed his stories.
Oh yeah, I took care of Marilee Rush while she was in the hospital for surgery. Remember the song "Angel in the Morning". I did see Elvis Presley in person at the Worlds Fair in Seattle. I could kick myself, because I was too chicken to go up and get his autograph.
He was sitting on an outdoor stage taking a break and pretty much all alone! Of course, I've met Art & Ramona Bell. Crystal Gayle came here when she presented Art a song she wrote about him "Midnight in the Desert". A really beautiful song. Got lots more, but I got a brain %art right now.:w:

P.S. Did you get your avatar horse from the Nevada Test Site? lol

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
What do you want? A round of applause?

Grow a pair of balls and a thick skin or go somewhere else.

Why should anyone take you at face value?

That's not how it works.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by kegs]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dk3000
And when someone like me has courage to take a hit to wake your asses up- I get ridiculed and blown off and terrorized even further. This happens to every whistleblower without exception.

That statement speaks volumes... and volumes and volumes and volumes...

More times than I can even count, I've come face to face with the knowledge that if it's something that needs to be said, it probably shouldn't be. For whatever reason, making sense and going against the grain, go hand in hand. Most people truly do prefer their safe little world of illusions and political correctness, versus one where common sense and reality have any baring.

May God have mercy on the poor soul of anyone foolish enough to try and be an individual thinker in this modern age.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachelor

Exactly. Imagine forming your own stance. All the Gods forbid.

Mod Edit: Compound quote removal. 'REPLY TO' function used - Jak

[edit on 22/3/08 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

Please don't let a few bad apples run you out of ATS. Those people are not just here but everywhere in life. It take courage to come out against any powerful establishment so you should be commended.

Also don't take the rickrolling thing seriously. It's the internets version of a prank you play on a friend. It's a less offensive version of 2 girls and a cup or the very unfortunate goatse prank. Trust me, if someone says you should look these things up, DON'T !!! You have been warned !!!

Might I also suggest that some people cannot be reasoned with so trying to is just a waste of your time. Use the "IGNORE" feature to help avoid these unfortunate individuals.

Finally, the more reasonable people that get fed up and leave, the more likely this site will lose it's quality postings. I feel your pain-It feels just like banging your head against a big, thick brick wall-am I right????

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Trust me.

Popularity isn't everything.

In Hollywood, maybe.

Integrity beats popularity in my book any day.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

If I can stick it out since 2002 you should be able too dk.
I don't have a pair of balls either. lol and never really gave a rats ass,
if I was popular or not. I don't recall ever using the ignore button & some haven't appreciated my opinion. That's ok too.
I respect everyone's opinion even, if I don't agree with them. Hope you
change your mind tho. Not all of us are rabid and bite.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

Even with solid proof behind a whistle blowers accusation this is what happens when we come forward. ext

There is a saying that goes something like this: "Men will kill the messenger and then make him a saint."

Here is a quote (from Bob earl who was an orator) that I use: "My mission is to comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable."

Welcome to my world!! Stick around.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

I wouldn't worry too much. As other posters have said, hecklers occur in all walks of life. It's just a form of bullying and intimidation.

There are some people in life (and on ATS) who see ridiculing others as a bit of fun, a means of relieving stress. I don't think they fully understand the hurt they do to others. There are some who do know what they are doing and others who are paid to frequent sites like ATS for the sake of over-seeing, ridiculing and re-directing thought. Cheer-up, because many long-standing members of ATS will support those they feel are being hard done by - I've witnessed it in other threads (the first thread I saw, which prompted my membership, was about the asteroid threat in Jan. 08. Take a look at it, you will see you're not alone).

Like you, I'm new here, and I'm very glad to have found a place where I can discuss topics and ideas that would be totally whacked in other places. Sometimes I feel as though I'm being ignored but then when I see my ideas being stated elsewhere I know I'm not - it's just the way of the forum. Stay here at least long enough to get to know the place better, it's usually a great place with informative, intelligent people.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapacity

Welcome to the ATS Rapacity.
I've been slack on welcoming the newcomers here. I promise to do better. After all, they will be replacing us oldsters. Hope your stay is long & knowledgeable.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

Thank you for welcoming me to ATS. I appreciate it. I hope you oldsters don't disappear too soon (at all for that matter) because there's a lot of knowledge and experience shared by ATS/BTS members and I think a lot of us new guys will rely on it at some time or other especially when it comes to debunking and/or adding credence to photographs et alia.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join