It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would Like to see everyones thoughts on this vid (captive alien)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

He finally did a complete analisys on the video , for those that keep saying it is easy to do , please recreate it

Now why would anyone that made this "fake" video , keep all that level of detail hidden in shade , is unknown to me.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roufas
Now why would anyone that made this "fake" video , keep all that level of detail hidden in shade , is unknown to me.
I think you could ask him, although he as not logged in since June, he is an ATS member, Philipe3d.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roufas

Peace.

Ok well , for a start , theres a wee thing called ART involved with all animation, and one of the main points of CGI is to make something that is not there, appear realistic , in context to the lighting and situation that the scene has been set in.
Im thinking the scene is something like "So we got this alien right? And we tied him to a chair in my basement... the lights arent so good in here so we are filming in NV" .
Its really rather clever infact , to put the alien in this setting because it means that things like shadow are used to mask detail in the room, which means that the character itself need not cast a shadow of his own. Its saved the artist time, and also reduced the complexity of the work. Its easy on the eye an totaly believeable , unless , like us, you happen to be LOOKING for fakery.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
There is some info here:

Portuguese

4. Eu não sei se devia contar isso por aqui, mas é fichinha de ante de tudo que você já colocou. Eu fiz uma análise rápida no vídeo Captive Alien I, que por sinal achei o mais convincente, qualquer uma pode fazer isso em casa. (Não tentem com editores de vídeo, não vai dar certo, do Premiere ao WindowsMovieMaker). Abra o vídeo no windows media player e aumente o brilho e constraste um pouco, o suficiente para o escuro ficar um pouco mais branco(não muito). O resultado? É possível perceber que existe um muro de tijolos não rebocados atrás do “Juca”, também existe uma cadeira vazia (do mesmo tipo que a dele, de bar) ao seu lado. Partindo do ponto de que isso fosse uma renderização 3D, acredito que esses tais objetos iriam existir. Pois não aparecem no vídeo normal e se não aparecem, é como se não existissem, pq não teriam sido feitos (isso se fosse 3D é claro). O que me leva a crer então que é real. Se levar em conta o contexto da história então (por mais louca que a história seja, de levar para uma chácara) faz todo o sentido. Então, ou você filmou e depois criou o alien aí no seu laboratório, eu fez alguma coisa muito genial que eu não sei o que foi. Meu raciocínio está correto?

O raciocínio está certo. Eu não sei o que devo dizer aqui. Bem, pode ser só uma impressão de que são tijolos. Talvez sejam os blocos de compactação do codec, que estourados pelo contraste parecem tijolos.

5. Isso só me fez pensar no seguinte, se isso realmente for uma obra fictícia como você afirma. Tudo que você criou foi um mosaico muito bem escrito de casos já conhecido (devido a tantas coincidências), para alguém que domina o assunto não é nada de outro mundo, mas mesmo assim merece seus devidos créditos.

A história é ficcional como eu disse. Mas não totalmente. Uma grande parte dela é.

English (translated using Google language tools)

4. I do not know if I should tell it here, but it is fichinha the ante for everything that you've raised. I did a quick scan on the video Captive Alien I, by the way I found the most convincing, any one can do it at home. (Do not try to publishers of video, will not come out of the Premiere WindowsMovieMaker). Open the video in Windows Media Player and increase the brightness and constraste a little, dark enough to be a little more white (not much). The result? You can see that there is a wall of bricks not towed behind the "Juca" Also, there is an empty chair (similar to his, a bar) to your side. Starting from the point of this being a 3D rendering, I believe that these would such objects exist. Well do not appear in the video appear normal, if not, it is as if they existed, Why would not have been made (if it is clear 3D). This leads me to believe then that is real. If you take into account the context of the story then (for more crazy that the story is, to bring to a country house) makes sense. So, or you filmed and then created the alien in his laboratory there, I did something very cool that I do not know what it was. My reasoning is correct?

The reasoning is right. I do not know what to say here. Well, it may be only an impression that they are bricks. May be the blocks of compression codec, which erupts by contrast seem bricks.

5. That just made me think about the following, if that really is a fictitious work as you stated. All you created was a very well-written mosaic of cases already known (due to so many coincidences), for someone who dominates the matter is nothing from another world, but it still deserves its due credit.

The story is fictional as I said. But not completely. A large part of it is.

Source:
www.mundogump.com.br...
(comments)

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
here's something that will make up your minds:

When the alien is speaking, it says the name of the site doing the vid- Mundogump.com. Which to me looks like a special effects site (yes, it's in spanish). Something tells me it's a puppet/ CGI mix creation.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat When the alien is speaking, it says the name of the site doing the vid- Mundogump.com.

You are a genius! Hidden in plain sight! Or, in this case, hearing. He does say Mundogump.

Strange how nobody seemed to be really listening to what the alien actually was trying to say.

HOAX. Case closed.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by OuttaHere]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
LOL

That is nice , I mean , since the thing is trying to say that word it clearly is a hoax , right?

I mean , it is impossible that the guy that sent the video to that site owner actually asked the thing to say it so it could be kept well hidden , right ?

Clearly impossible , right?

Still waiting on more videos like that one , untill I can see a #load of similar videos , the possibility is still there.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
It disgust me to see videos like this, idiots with nothing better to do then scamming for world wide fame with cgi animation crap.

If ever there was real footage of an alien somewhere we would probably damn it as being fake, because nowadays the animations are becoming more real by the day.

[edit on 27/10/2008 by Lyrian]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

No, it's not in Spanish, it's in Portuguese, that site is from the Brazilian guy that made the story (Relato de um MIB) and the video.

As it says in the site "O relato de um MIB é uma obra ficcional criada e produzida por Philipe Kling David. Qualquer semelhança com a realidade, pessoas, empresas e fatos históricos é mera coincidência.", which can be translated as "The story of a MIB is a ficcional workmanship created and produced by Philipe Kling David. Any similarity with the historical reality, people, companies and facts is mere coincidence."

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
That is a fake clip!

But very nice done!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Roufas

I agree. While powerful software is making it easier and easier for people to do things that used to take huge budgets but....for all of the people talking about how easy this would be to do, please do it.

The motion tracking is more accurate than it was in "Cloverfield." I am not saying that I thing it is real, just that I do not think it would be all that easy to do.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
seems fishy to me. The way it moves its mouth looks like the product of cgi

and greys aren't known for moving their mouths let alone making any audible noise..

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiamanicus
reply to post by Roufas

I agree. While powerful software is making it easier and easier for people to do things that used to take huge budgets but....for all of the people talking about how easy this would be to do, please do it.

The motion tracking is more accurate than it was in "Cloverfield." I am not saying that I thing it is real, just that I do not think it would be all that easy to do.

Yeah, you're right! - I don't think it is so easy than it looks like!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
CGI without a doubt. Synthetic unnatural light source (the spotlight drop off is simulated and the reflection in the eyes is a relatively low quality render), pre-programmed camera movements. Its either Maya or 3D Studio Max software that has done this.

Th8nker

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I am afraid I have to disappoint you guys. This is CGI. I found this in the sit Mundo Gump:
O relato de um MIB é uma obra ficcional criada e produzida por Philipe Kling David. Qualquer semelhança com a realidade, pessoas, empresas e fatos históricos é mera coincidência.

This means that "Relato de un MIB" (MIB's tale) is just a fictional work created and produced by Philipe Kling David, and any resemblance with reality is just a coincidence.
www.mundogump.com.br...
You'll find there a pic of the so-called captive alien.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Misha2010

The problem is that, apparently, nobody reads the rest of the thread, they just read the opening post and post their opinions.

There is nothing wrong with it, but if they would take the time to read some of the posts they would have noticed that this is no longer a question of "is it real or is it CGI", this has been acknowledged as CGI by its author a long time ago.

And if you have read the six posts above yours you had seen that I had just posted exactly the same thing you posted.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
There is some information here (this is a fragment of the answer by "Philipe" to questions by "Igor", September 22nd, 2008 at 6:49 pm):

Portuguese:

I: 4. Eu não sei se devia contar isso por aqui, mas é fichinha de ante de tudo que você já colocou. Eu fiz uma análise rápida no vídeo Captive Alien I, que por sinal achei o mais convincente, qualquer uma pode fazer isso em casa. (Não tentem com editores de vídeo, não vai dar certo, do Premiere ao WindowsMovieMaker). Abra o vídeo no windows media player e aumente o brilho e constraste um pouco, o suficiente para o escuro ficar um pouco mais branco(não muito). O resultado? É possível perceber que existe um muro de tijolos não rebocados atrás do “Juca”, também existe uma cadeira vazia (do mesmo tipo que a dele, de bar) ao seu lado. Partindo do ponto de que isso fosse uma renderização 3D, acredito que esses tais objetos iriam existir. Pois não aparecem no vídeo normal e se não aparecem, é como se não existissem, pq não teriam sido feitos (isso se fosse 3D é claro). O que me leva a crer então que é real. Se levar em conta o contexto da história então (por mais louca que a história seja, de levar para uma chácara) faz todo o sentido. Então, ou você filmou e depois criou o alien aí no seu laboratório, eu fez alguma coisa muito genial que eu não sei o que foi. Meu raciocínio está correto?

P: O raciocínio está certo. Eu não sei o que devo dizer aqui. Bem, pode ser só uma impressão de que são tijolos. Talvez sejam os blocos de compactação do codec, que estourados pelo contraste parecem tijolos.

I: 5. Isso só me fez pensar no seguinte, se isso realmente for uma obra fictícia como você afirma. Tudo que você criou foi um mosaico muito bem escrito de casos já conhecido (devido a tantas coincidências), para alguém que domina o assunto não é nada de outro mundo, mas mesmo assim merece seus devidos créditos.

P:A história é ficcional como eu disse. Mas não totalmente. Uma grande parte dela é.

English translation (Google language tools):

I: 4. I do not know if I should tell it here, but it is fichinha the ante for all you have raised. I did a quick scan on the video Captive Alien I, by the way I found the most convincing, any one can do it at home. (Do not try to publishers of video, will not come out of the Premiere WindowsMovieMaker). Open the video in Windows Media Player and increase the brightness and constraste a little, dark enough to be a little more white (not much). The result? You can see that there is a wall of bricks not towed behind the "Juca" Also, there is an empty chair (similar to his, a bar) to your side. Starting from the point of this being a 3D rendering, I believe that these would such objects exist. Well do not appear in the video is normal and does not appear, it is as if there were no, Why not have been made (if it is clear 3D). This leads me to believe then that is real. If you take into account the context of the story then (for more crazy that the story is, to bring to a country house) makes sense. So, or you filmed and then created the alien in his laboratory there, I did something very cool that I do not know what it was. My reasoning is correct?

P: The reasoning is right. I do not know what to say here. Well, it may be only an impression that they are bricks. May be the blocks of compression codec, which erupts by contrast seem bricks.

I: 5. That just made me think about the following, if that really is a fictitious work as you stated. All you created was a very well-written mosaic of cases already known (due to so many coincidences), for someone who dominates the matter is nothing from another world, but it still deserves its due credit.

P: The story is fictional as I said. But not completely. A large part of it is.

Source:
www.mundogump.com.br...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
So , let's say one day I decide to record my brother in a camera.

I then upload the video on youtube , I put www.mundogump.com.br on it , claim that it is CGI , and WOW IT SIMPLY BECOMES CGI! AUTOMATICALLY! HOLY #!

Understand where I am going ?

I don't mean it is a true video , but i failed to see any plausible proof of fake either , other than the author claiming it is CGI.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by wylekat

As it says in the site "The story of a MIB is a fictional workmanship created and produced by Philipe Kling David. Any similarity with the historical reality, people, companies and facts is mere coincidence.

So there we have it, from the horse's mouth.

Not to mention from the alien's mouth: "MUNDOGUMP!"

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join