It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can recently deceased loved ones visit you

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
He can't come visit you until he obtains
the new Federal ID card. I'm sorry but
while the United States has not formally laid claim to
the afterlife you still need to fill out the
non-immigrant visa form DS-156
make sure to check box 14a
as this is the critical afterlife denotation
hopefully this was helpful.

post by ladyde

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I believe that a loved one can contact us after death. Absolutely. I haven't experienced it with a human family member, but when I was younger I had a beloved cat Sammy who died and a while after he died (I guess two months?) he showed up one night, I guess to say goodbye, both my mom and I felt him that night. I actually saw and felt his presence, my mom felt him jump up on her bed and start purring.

Then he left and didn't come back.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
When we loose someone we love dearly it is only natural to question death and what happens to the energy of the person who has died. I have had contact with people who have passed all my life so I know through personal experiance that loved ones do come to comfort us.

Yes they do this using familer scent's as one sign. It is very common in fact and it isn't just your mind playing tricks......If this was true i would be dead myself!! but a spirit of an old lonely man saved my life using a very powerful intense garlic smell which was so bad my housemates and i had to open every door and window to get rid of it. I called the Gas people out the next day as I had suspected a gas leak at the time and they did a carbon monoxide reading and said If my bedroom window, (which was in a front room of of the house i rented) wasn't open all night i'd be dead!!
THE OLD MAN WHO I HAD SEEN ON ANOTHER OCCASION SAVED MY LIFE!!

I recently suffered a loss myself and I had fantastic evidence of her living on in the spirit world. The medium told my father in law something so personal only he knew about. He didn't need any more convincing, he was in tears bless him. We buried my mum in law in a her blue wedding dress, the medium described her looks, personality and even her wedding dress!! Why don't you pop into your local spiritualist church, they welcome everyone.

My Grandma was dying two years ago, I had the dreaded phone call saying she won't make the night. It was a shock and unexpected. I was reading my little girl a bed time strory and then I saw my grandma standing in my doorway holding out her hand's she dropped her head and said "Oh Karen.....Karen" I thought that was it...she passed over. Well she had for a few moments but then she was brought back to life after visiting me. She was in Ireland, I was in Wales by the way. She died after the fourth heart attack, she came to me on her third. It really upset me as she wasn't ready to go at all, she was 73, full of life one minuet and gone the next. My grandma pats my head when she comes to see me now, it's really light and i feel my hair bounce on the top of my head. A medium told me recently it's my gran doing that!!

My old neighbour Jim stands right behind me, it's when you feel a presance and turn around but no-one is there....physically.....but spiritually there is!

My Boyfriend to be was killed just as we were planning to go out with each other, I smell alcohol when he comes to see me! I actually saw him walk passed my lounge window last year as physical as i see my neighbours, he had a big cheacky grin on his face as he passed by!

My friend also 45 who died of a heart attack last Nov peered over the banaster of my stairs to let me know he was fine on the other side!! It was a quick glimps but enough to let me know he wasn't gone forever!

I am not saying this will happen to you as we are all unique in our experiences. I don't intend to give you false hope, but a person can communicate with you the second they die if they wish.....hence my grandma in between life and death!!

Let it be a great comfort to you! I know it isn't the same anymore and even though I see people who pass over, i still feel great loss and pain!

I am so sory to hear about your loss, i hope it has helped just a little hearing from other posters who moslty agree that this can and does go on, recieving evidance that a loved one is near.

Take care X

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Thank you for all of your words of comfort. I am still having his smell come to me .(Every day but Easter Sunday.) At this moment as I am typing his smell has came.
I wrote him a letter. I asked him to please read it. The pain is so bad at times that I feel like I just don't want to go on. I can't work . I am going to talk to a grief counselor this week. My two daughters have been so supportive. But some of my well intended friends tell me I have to move on . It has not even been three weeks since he passed.
He was a great guy. I learned so much from him. And I loved him intensely. I told him I loved him all the time. I have never felt so passionately for anyone. We were also very good friends.
I have always been aware that there was a spirit world as real as the one we see. My boyfriend would joke with me the times I tried to talk about it.
I see things so differently since he passed. I realize that the things that matter in life are how you live. The people you love and help.
It has nothing to do with material gain.
Thank you to everyone

Ladyde

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by horsegiver

Well thank god that that's finally settled. The dead absolutely, without a doubt, cannot visit us. At last an end to centuries of ignorance and misunderstanding.
The world owes you a debt sir for finally putting this matter to rest.
Now if you could just show us the evidence you've discovered that proves this beyond any argument, I, for one will be eternally grateful.
You do have proof? Of course you do. You do not seem so ignorant as to try to pass your opinion off as fact without some evidence. The numbers man, show us the numbers. The triple blind tests. The statistical data.
I and my friends have managed to psych ourselves up, estatic at the thought of never having to listen to another ghost story. Don't let us down. Don't be just another arrogant materialist who does not preface his opinion with "I believe" trying to pass it off as objective fact. Show us the proof and put an end to all this.
Oh?.....It is just your opinion?.........well..er...nevermind

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyde

I'm sorry for your loss. I believe, beyond any doubt, that our loved ones do upon occaision contact us. Letting us know that everything will be ok. They are beyond pain, yet they know we are in pain, and lend comfort as they can, or perhaps are allowed.

Death is not the finallity some would have us believe. There is something beyond that final curtain.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I know that they can visit. My husband committed suicide in our home. It has been so very difficult dealing with his decision to end his life. I have had so many questions and so much grief and guilt of course. One night, I was overcome with grief and I laid in bed crying and crying, as I often do. I prayed so hard for peace and understanding. Finally, I went off to sleep.

That night he came to me in my sleep. He brought me to the place where he is. It is a vast desolate place. He told me that he thought by ending his life here on earth, he believed it would end his problems; however, that is not the case. We take them with us in the afterlife. He went on to say that he spends most of his time alone and he hates that. When it gets to be too much, others come to give him help and then leave him to deal with it. He said he knows how much pain he has caused others and that he must make restitution for what he has done on earth in order to move to a higher spiritual place.

He went on to say many other personal things, also saying he watches over the house and comes to visit. He also said that our minds are very powerful - more powerful than we can even imagine. Our minds to take us to great places or to devestation. He said it's important to maintain positive energy.

I told him that I forgave him and that I will continue to pray for him so that he can move to that higher place and hopefully not be alone.

When I woke I felt soooo different. I had received the peace and understanding I prayed for. Maybe not all believe this but to me it was real.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Yes I have seen this myself when my girlfriend of 12 years was killed by a drunk driver. I felt her presence at the time she died it was strange because I was asleep and all the sudden all the things we ever did went flashing through my mind in extreme detail. I had a felling of urgency them calmness? I didn’t know what happened until hours latter but I knew something had happened and I wouldn't see her here again. Sometimes I feel her nearer me and sometimes beside me. I have dreams that we are talking but there more real than dreams. I believe these things as I have experienced many other things over the years when we both worked as security in a historic cemetery, we and many others have seen many unexplainable activity, including voices, sightings, orbs and smells. Many other people witnessed these things and most of us were law-enforcement officers some would never come back do to this as they were afraid of it? These guys were never afraid on the streets but they couldn’t, handle the activity. My girlfriend Carol and I got use to it and would sometimes openly talk to the entities.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I feel that they can.

When I was a child my beloved Grandmother passed away we then as a family moved into her house which was an huge older Victorian.

as the months passed we would start to feel things. It seemed to us that whenever there was a heated arguement something woulld either slam shut or fall of a shelf and we would all smell her very distinct perfume. that went on for years, have not thought of it much until I read this thread

SLAY

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss. Yes I think that in extreme cases of grief that your loved ones can and will contact you in some way to let you know that it will be alright and to ease the pain. I had an experience like this when I was very young. I had an Great Grandmother that I dearly loved and since she lived fifty yards away I was able to see her all he time. When she passed I can remember crying myself to sleep for a good little piece of time. Then one night shame came to me in a dream that had to be her way of contacting me because while I was young my dreams were not that prominent, I saw her out in the yard doing her normal duties and there was a brilliant bright light behind her that made her glow as what you would think an angel would glow and told me that everything was alright she is okay and that I didn’t have to worry or cry over her anymore. Every since that night which has been twenty some odd years ago I have done nothing but smile when I think of her. My mother had a similar experience with the same grandmother.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join