It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can recently deceased loved ones visit you

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
You really have no clue about what you are saying. At least I care enough about her to tell her the truth and not just lie to her to make her feel better.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
You really have no clue about what you are saying. At least I care enough about her to tell her the truth and not just lie to her to make her feel better.

I'm not lying to her. If you're going to have that attitude, please just go away and spend some time somewhere else for a while. Besides, even if these were lies--which they aren't--they aren't going to hurt her. You're not doing anyone any good by participating in this thread. You may think you're making yourself look better, but you're not. You're kind of making yourself look like an insensitive jerk.

If you're interested in real research on the topic, you can start by reading The Afterlife Experiments by Dr. Gary Schwartz. There actually is plenty of scientific research on this topic to indicate that you're wrong. Whether you believe that or not is up to you.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
So basically I and thousands of other people are liars.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer

This made me think abit...
What is truth? Is truth a personal view? Is there a Universal truth?

Now this might be true to you, probably many others, but for some reason your truth does not coincide with what others see as truth...

Should we call those who agree with you on this, liars then, or those who dont agree with you, should they be called liars?

No, your personal opinion on this phenomena is not the truth.
It is based on your beliefs, and nothing else.

And as it seems that you have, no experience within the paranormal/supernatural your truth as you know it, means exactly as much as your experience within this subject. Zero.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
This is for real, I'll tell you why.

My Mother has had some wild dreams like a full week before each loved has died which did so in the past year now, including my Father many states away, and her closest sister. All of the relatives are out of state.

She'd tell me, "I had this weird dream lastnight about so n so" or, "I keep dreamin about so n so, I hope theyre ok", or even, and this is no joke, "I think your Father is dying because I keep dreaming about him". Then a day or two later we got the phone call and we both crushed; i know she did not know, and he was alive when she said this to me and he was fine.

Then most recently, she'd been dreaming about her sister, then she got a call 2 weeks ago saying she had died, and my cousin, an EMT, was the guy on call who had to find his own mother dead. but at least then you know all was done to save the person that could have been done, theres no if, and this is the wisdom of the Lord that it was placed upon my cousin in such a manner. This is because he could not have handled not knowing that all was done that could've been done, and would've languished.

All I know is she gets the periodic set of weird dreams, then that person dies. She is blood type A negative, as am I, it's kind of weird. I don't get too much direct contact with "the other side", and to see these dreams become reality just .. flipped the world on me, soto speak.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Originally posted by Runetang

Then most recently, she'd been dreaming about her sister, then she got a call 2 weeks ago saying she had died, and my cousin, an EMT, was the guy on call who had to find his own mother dead. but at least then you know all was done to save the person that could have been done, theres no if, and this is the wisdom of the Lord that it was placed upon my cousin in such a manner. This is because he could not have handled not knowing that all was done that could've been done, and would've languished.

I cannot even imagine an experience such as that. How absolutely gut wrenching. That completely breaks my heart Runetang.
Sending positive thoughts and deepest sympathies to your family.
AccessDenied

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
thank you so much AccessDenied, that was very thoughtful of you on this Good Friday, today the 21st of March.

It gets even weirder, and this is why I am advocating God and Religion because of so many unexplainable, wild coincidences that have come into my life in the past few years that it couldnt all just be coincidental.

For instance, when my Father had died, up to that point I had not seen him in 11 years, and saw him once 11 years ago, then before that I had not seen him since I was 4-5 years old. We didnt have a relationship, didnt call each other, but had no problem with each other. Just one of those weird things where you just dont talk but "want to". Anyways, after he died, within the first 3 days after his passing, so much stuff happened that I know only he could've been directing as last requests of the physical world from God, or possibly even himself in an invisible spirit like form in a sense, because they were all the things that he had wanted in his life and mine but were not; that is, the entire family staying in regular contact with me and me with them, both phone and internet, and also plans of me visiting them soon. I was reunited with my half-sister who i had no idea where she was and had last seen her when I was 5 years old. She is 36 (I am 25) and lives in Florida and has a son, which makes me an uncle of course. Kinda takes some pressure off of being the only male heir you know, lol. Now we have a great relationship and I plan on going down there to visit. The things that were done with my Father's last belongings, also, he had no will, and yet all these things ended up going to all the people I know that he wanted them to. I ran into financial troubles this winter and had no good coat, and what do you know, right when he passes, my aunt goes to his home and gets this leather jacket she bought him recently, and sent it to me in the mail, basically brand new, he wore it like 3 times. now that, i feel, was his direct gift to me as he knew I was in need after leaving the body, because these things were being influenced seemingly to happen. This was all with his girlfriend at the time being a hateful woman who would regularly tell him his children didn't love him and didnt care about him, and stole his car, illegally signing it over lying about no heirs to his estate existing.

She died 1 month later, isnt that crazy, and many of the bad things she did to obstruct my family came undone and we could access all of his items and old photos and military memorabilia. But enough about me and mine..

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Before taking anyone's 'advice' I would urge you to trust your feelings and instincts. No one can 'know' for certain what lies beyond supposed 'death'.

I would like to share a personal experience with you. My Grandmother suffered from dementia during the last few years of her life. She couldn't even really communicate in the last few months. One night I had a dream (actually I was dreaming and it was suddenly interrupted by another dream, it changed suddenly) I was at a family gathering, a wedding was taking place in fact. My Grandmother came up to me and said she had to go. Then I became a little boy again and hugged her around her waist. She said I love you so much and I said I love you too. We said goodbye. Then the dream changed again. The next day remembering the dream well I thought is my grandmother alright? I called my parents and asked if anything was going on. They said the assisted living home took her to the hospital. The hospital said there was nothing that could be done that she would pass soon and so she was taken back to her room at the home and she passed the next day.

This dream I had made her passing very easy for me. I already said my goodbyes and I knew she did not really die, after all even her dementia did not affect her as I saw her perfectly normal in my dream telling me goodbye. There is no doubt in my mind at all as to what took place between us. We simply do not die. We are not our bodies.

and now for my 'advice' (for what it's worth) ..
I would also suggest that we should try to contact our loved ones by going to them rather than wait for them to come here and give us a sign. You can hold thoughts of them before going to sleep so that you may contact them while your body is asleep.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by 2 cents]

[edit on 21-3-2008 by 2 cents]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Next time you notice the scent, just open up your arms and embraced each other.
Maybe the key IS believing.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Alxandro]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Neiby

Well sir I have a lifetime devoted to arcane and esoteric study. I have written one of the few works and possibly the only one devoted to raising the dead. I actively teach the subject to select students. I have personally attended to a bit over a dozen family members over the years. I have attended cancer patients that were how should we say one foot in the water and one on the land....

Perhaps I know just a bit more than you suspect.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Sorry about your loved one.

If you have a pet I would be interested to know what it does during those times.

Interesting you should ask this... When my Mom passed away my dog would not leave me alone. He really wasn't a lap dog but during that time he would jump up on my lap and scratch my arm like a foaming maniac and whine like a puppy... I had to put him out side and every time I brought him in he would come by me and whine... It stopped a few days later...

btw... This was during the great blackout of 2003. I tell everyone my Mom shut the lights out...
My Dad died a few years later... We were standing out side the funeral home and a transformer blew. Scard the heck out of my sisters and I. We all thought it was Mom getting pissed about Dad finally coming home...
They never did get a long very well...

Anyway, That's my "pet story"... Strange as it was it often makes me wonder what if anything my Mom had to do with it?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyde

sorry for your loss and you will see your friend again in the future but what you are experiencing now is not a visit from him as far as i understand from the scriptures.

conspiracy angle wise: solomon is inspired to say that the dead do not know anything and that there is no activity,planning,knowledge or wisdom in the grave(ecclesiastes 9:5-10)

both old covenant and new testament say that G-D is going to resurrect the dead when Messiah returns(ezekiel 37 and revelation 20)

the medium with the familiar spirits= demons at endor that saul went to consult with did not see samuel but rather 1 of these demons that saul assumed was samuel talking to him(1 samuel 28)

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Sorry about your loss I lost my little brother 3 years ago and one night shortly after his death I had a dream like I never had before when I woke up from the dream I felt like everthing was going to be fine.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
My husband died about 2 1/2 years ago. Our son was 1 1/2 at the time. I remember taking a nap one day, about 6 months after he died and I had a dream about him. However, I could not see him, only feel a presence and I told him (in the dream) to look at our son, and he did and then someone said that he had to go. I was also told that my dad was going to die.

It was such an intense experience that I woke up crying. My dad is still alive and healthy, so maybe it was some foreshadowing, I don't know. But I do know the presence that I felt and it was him. I have not felt it since then and I am pretty sure that I won't feel it again.

Hopefully this helps.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
reply to post by Neiby

Well sir I have a lifetime devoted to arcane and esoteric study. I have written one of the few works and possibly the only one devoted to raising the dead. I actively teach the subject to select students. I have personally attended to a bit over a dozen family members over the years. I have attended cancer patients that were how should we say one foot in the water and one on the land....

Perhaps I know just a bit more than you suspect.

Actually, no you don't know more than I suspect. You know a lot about the subject you teach and the folklore surrounding it, but I don't for a moment believe you have any more real, absolute knowledge about what happens after death than I do. And I'm not about to go into my qualifications because this doesn't need to turn into a peeing match between the two of us.

The fact of the matter is that you have devoted a lot of time and study to something that you can never *really* know until you experience it. I realize that you're qualified within your field of study, but that field of study is basically all about what you *think*. You really don't know, and there are plenty of people who disagree with your interpretation of the rules and they have good reasons for doing so.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyde
My beloved Boyfriend just recently died of a massive heartattack. I have been suffering with grief. The second day after his death. I noticed a scent that I recognized with him. It grew so strong that it literally was making me choke.
I have since been smelling this scent almost every day. I never know when it will come. I think this is him coming to comfort me. I love him and miss him so much.
I talk to him when I smell this. I tell him I love him.

I am very sorry for your loss. I understand the suffering and extreme grief in losing a loved one. The Grief Recovery Handbook:www.grief.net...

Was an excellent source for me in understanding and dealing with grief. There was so much I did not know!

I hope you feel better soon.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

I think the departed know just who to avoid, which is why you have never seen any evidence of their existence.
Perhaps it is your non-belief and negativity that has driven them away from you.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

My beloved Boyfriend just recently died of a massive heartattack. I have been suffering with grief. The second day after his death. I noticed a scent that I recognized with him. It grew so strong that it literally was making me choke.
I have since been smelling this scent almost every day. I never know when it will come. I think this is him coming to comfort me. I love him and miss him so much.

Sure thats not just a gas leak? might wanna have that checked out

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Secret Shadow

Sure thats not just a gas leak? might wanna have that checked out

Do you honestly think that a joke like that after someone has died is funny? Grow up.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyde

Back to the OP.

Yes, this can & does happen.

My mother died (in private, unknown to anyone) on 13 September 2000. I was 200 miles away, working at my job, and had an overwhelming feeling of her presence. I was hugely energized and happy, believe it or not: this I think was her relief at being rid of the physical body and entering into a new life. The hymn 'Abide With Me' kept playing in my head and I couldn't get rid of it. I actually began to sing it aloud (I should make clear that I am not and have not been in any way Christian or sympathetic to Christianity since age nine, have NEVER attended church nor sung a hymn since that age. I don't even like 'Abide With Me' as a tune).

The following morning we discovered she had died. It was only then that I remembered that 20 years earlier, she had made me promise that 'Abide With Me' should be sung at her funeral. It was her way of letting me know, and reminding me.

I felt her around for another week, until after the funeral. Then she just kind of departed, and I didn't feel her there anymore.

It seems we can stay for a while, to be with the grieving close ones left behind, then we have to move on.

Best wishes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join