It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living the Matrix?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldShadow
Good thing we are expirational and not eternal.

How do you know you're not eternal? The point of "all this" could be to forget you are. This world of killing and death, a world of creatures eating other creatures, of vampires (a.k.a. flesh and blood eaters) chowing down on death, would probably be just the game an eternally sentenced soul would play on the holodeck. If you were eternal, playing death in the matrix would probably seem like an appealing diversion, and tasty fun too.
Being eternal would really suck after a while without a blood thirsty holodeck diversion of death such as this.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
No offense to the OP, but I think a psychological evaluation is in order.

And I seriously mean no offense. It's just that what you've described sound like hallucinations and the conclusion you've drawn from them sounds like paranoid delusions.

Please see a doctor, ASAP. The matrix was a movie.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation

And I seriously mean no offense. It's just that what you've described sound like hallucinations and the conclusion you've drawn from them sounds like paranoid delusions.

Never fear, haven't you seen all the people come out to tell him to worship christ in order to sort his dilemma out?!

I find that very scary, to be honest..

Bez

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
www.simulation-argument.com...

Has some interesting scientific arguments that we are actually living in a simulation....

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
To the OP, I would advise you the same way that several others have: Perhaps you should see a doctor. I don't mean that in a disrespectful, or dismissive, way but what you are describing might not be entirely attributable to some sort of newly realized conciousness, but rather to a developing issue. Regardless of what level of reality that we are living at now, its being interpreted by our brain and body, and you should make sure yours is in top shape.

As an aside, there were only two posts that suggested the OP should seek some form of solace in Jesus Christ. Both Clearskies and Howie47 were politely spoken, and not confrontational. Yet, posters such as Nohup and Bloodcircle apparently feel the need to attack any mention of Christ that appears on the thread. I'm fully cognizant that there is a nasty streak of Anti-Theism that runs throughout this board, but I'm just amazed at the quick and cutting comments that people, such as yourselves, make in response to seemingly innocuous statements. Why does people offering their OPINION of what the OP should do solicit such an angered response from you folks? Just curious....

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

Let me say, that you must be born again BEFORE you get God's plan for your life. Ask Jesus to forgive you for all your sins and come into your heart.

What is it with this site being infiltrated by those who are so insecure in their beliefs they need to preach to others?

I do not need forgiveness my friend, because there is no sin. And while your opinion may differ, how about you stop telling others what it is they "must" have.

*awaits the annoying chorus of the bible bashing choir*.......*yawn*

[edit on 21-3-2008 by the titor experience]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Squeeky the Ballet Rat
Hello.
My name is Lezlie and I feel like the world is a matrix. When I look at the sky, it always looks unreal. There was this one time when I looked at the computer labs computers, with people at them, and the screens had the lines go down them, like the defense mechanism of recording a screen onto a camera, and nobody using a computer noticed anything. Most of the time, if I look at the digital clocks or the digital radio screens, the little red lines that make up the numbers move all over the place, and then go right back to normal a split second later. The sky looks like a giant plasma screen that is stretched over the earth, and if you climb a high enough latter and poke it. Around your finger will be a rainbowish circle, like when you push on a calculator screen.

Can anyone else tell me if they feel the same way, or if they have any real proof that we live in a matrix? Please tell me.

I don’t really want to be alone in this any more…It is frightening…

~L. Fate

There will be people on here, because they have never experienced what you are experiencing, who will suggest you have a mental disorder. While this cannot be ruled out, the reality is that NONE of us, including myself, will have never experienced the exact visual and auditory sensations you describe. For that reason, the reality you describe belongs to you.

If you are not unwell, and let me say i am open to that being the case, i would suggest rather than trying to fight what you are experiencing to accept it with an open heart and see where it takes you.

Have you heard of Indigo children? This is a total shot in the dark, but you may be one of them grown into adulthood. If you would like to know more there is plenty of information online and on ATS.

Nothing i have written i state as an absolute - these are merely possibilities.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
To Squeeky the Ballet Rat:

I was recently reading about this theory that our atmosphere creates an amnesia from our past lives, and that once you leave the atmosphere you instantly recall your past lives. This actually made a lot of sense to me because you always hear about the astronauts who want to go back to space and they're depressed once they get down. Maybe they were enlightened while in space, but upon re-entering the atmosphere, they could no longer recall what they learned. A lot of sources have claimed the world we live in is a matrix, or matrix like. But would we know what was real if this is fake? What is consiousness?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation

If you've ever been fooled by a non-lucid dream, if you've ever run from a monster in a nightmare, then you should realize how deceptive any realm we may find ourselves experiencing can potentially be. This could simply be another dream right now. You could be living in the matrix, even some gods matrix, right now, and not even realize it. How do you know you're not the one being fooled by a hallucination right now? You can't even verify if you are or aren't in some matrix right now, because any evidence you could point to to say no you are not could be false and illusionary too.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Angels Still Don't Play This Haarp

click here

cut through the intro... preload to minute 45

modulated and pulsed,

Sri Oracle

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I guess it just depends on the person's way of looking at things.

I'm not a religious person, but I do think there's some sort of relevance to this existence. Whether our lives serve a superior purpose, as most would like to believe, or whether this life is just some sort of vacation for more universally evolved beings.

Regardless, there is proof of our "matrix", no matter what you believe. The proof is consciousness.

First you have nothingness, which for the longest time we would refer to as space. Now this is being second guessed with the discovery of dark matter.

Next you have matter. Which you and I are composed of, as well as water, earth, fire and all other elements in the universe.

After that you have life. Life is the essence of the universe. Life consists of various species: you, me, animals, reptiles, amphibians, plants, trees - just to name a few. Some say even planets are alive.

Next is consciousness. Consciousness defines the human experience. Many people confuse this with life, which is an easy misunderstanding. Life exists with or without human beings. Are plants aware of their existence? Can they make decisions? Certainly animals are aware of their existence, but are they able to understand the difference of morality? Is stealing another dog's bone wrong to them? Do they want for clothes to hide their nakedness? Do they sometimes wish they could have more, like other dogs they might pass on the street?

Certainly, we've been blessed with the gift of higher (at least on this planet) consciousness.

"What will you do with it?" is the question.
We're only here for a short while ... make the best of it. Whatever it is.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Squeaky,

I am distressed at the possibility that you're observations are not being responded to seriously. For the sake of this thread I will respond with full commitment to the seriousness of your request. (Otherwise this would be something of a bad joke)

No one here (me included) will be able to resolve this perception for you. This is strictly (as you described it) a personal event in your life. There are many who will refer you to a guru of some kind, a doctor, minister, therapist, etc. I have found that such advice is not always the best advice because many of these people (who would genuinely want to help you) base their advice on their own built-in preconceptions Maybe I'm wrong. I certainly wouldn't want to discourage you from seeking qualified help if you are comfortable with the idea.

But I have a theory, the reality you and I perceive is based on certain premises based on our own experiences and history up to that point. If we accept that we exist, discreetly, as an individual, then it's clear that other 'things' do as well. In other words, reality is not some kind of fanciful illusion. We are in a very real sense passengers in a physical body, and as such we are subject whatever effect reality has on our 'vehicle'. Many great and deep thinkers have offered us such insights to the effect of 'Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter!' (Yoda, sorry, I couldn't resist
)

The concept holds true though, after all, if you remove parts of yourself you don't cease to be. Considering what is or isn't real doesn't change what it is, it's all what you alone perceive. There are many possibilities to explain your awareness shifting, don't fear it. There are a number of books I could recommend that might show you how you (as in your mind) is the architect of your reality. And I know many here could probably suggest some as well. But if you find yourself paralyzed by the notion that reality is illusory, that won't help much.

A word of advice. Breathe, live in the moment, remember those you love, believe it or not, love can, and will, overcome these reality fugues.

Also, recognize anxiety has many faces, it might be best to speak with someone who you honestly believe cherishes your happiness and comfort.

Best regards

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I feel, the same way, like when i look at the sky it feels unreal, like we are in a dream of some sort. Sometimes i just think about it what if everything we are use to seeing is not real at all, what if we are actually asleep in a another dimension of some sort, and we are dreaming about all this, the pain we have endured, the changes we have gone thru, the love we have felt is all just a test. sometimes i feel like i am not real, the people that i see are not real, the whole concept of life sometimes feels crazy to me.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
people here need to stop taking drugs. What the hell is wrong with you people, you watch to many movies. This is great, it makes me feel better that there is bigger loosers out there

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jcavs88

There is nothing wrong with us, its just all thoughts, its good to think about the different possibilities the world can hold. Personally i think if you did not think beyond, life would be boring.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hi Lezlie. I have been experiencing the same things you have. I'm glad you posted this because I could use some explanations myself. I see the 'plasma screen' every night when you look at the right angle at a yard light outside. It's like a web or plasma screen like you said. There are other things I see now but are too far out to even put into words. It scares me sometimes but I have come to the conclusion that it is what it is NOW and just to go with it. I don't feel as threatened as I use to feel.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hello folks

My earlier empirical research led me once to believe that certain substances, (may) have an effect on the rate at which neurons in the brain fire. My theory was that increased rate of fire (or overclocking) of the brain, could lead to a higher "fps" (like faster shuttertimes in a camera), thus enabling you to receive and process more information in less time. Who knows, maybe this could make you see i.e light or waves that is beyond the commonly visible area?

On the other hand, the effect of "distorting" the cognitive ares of the brain is even more likely.

If your monitor has an refreshrate of 60 hz, filming it with 1/80 shuttertime wil cause it to flicker or scroll up or down as the rates are unsynchronized. As we all know, we can register the flickering of a movie at 25 fps, but it ends around there. What happens in the mid-frames... no one knows
jk btw

I find it strange that no one has mentioned psychoactive drugs in this thread. Imo that must be the number one reason why people starts to question reality. The matrix movie was soaked in references to these things..

My question to you is, are you on medication or have you been administrating yourself other substances? The human mind is capable of unbelievable things, controlled or uncontrolled.

Take it easy, or see a doctor

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Originally posted by WorldShadow
Good thing we are expirational and not eternal.

How do you know you're not eternal?

I was refering to this life in the now reality. The eternal soul/spirit and realm of gods is another story.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rationalgaze
reply to post by indierockalien

So you think you're a reincarnation of John Lennon but Jesus can't possibly have reincarnated as someone? He just died, and that's it?

I think there's some degree of fakery to our existence, but it's not nature.

I never said I AM John Lennon, by the way. That's crazy... err well anyone saying they are or were anyone does sound crazy... but I've had weird visions and synchronicities and things that make me highly suspect that I could've been, quite possibly.

But that's like a completely different thing, and I'm not John Lennon, I never said "Hi, I'm John Lennon" unless I was joking..... So thanks for trying to bring that piece of laundry up. Ya got me!

I'm quite sure Jesus was not THE son of God, and that only through him could anyone be saved. I'm pretty sure the original message would've been more along the lines of "We are ALL the sons and daughters of God, and only through OURSELVES can we be saved."

But you know how the powers that be twist words and meanings and language around out of its original context, in order to fit their own agenda. In the 300s AD, Constantine needed some sort of belief system in order to "unite" all of Rome, in order to more easily manage the population. He chose Christianity, and at the Council of Nicea, they basically plagerized parts of gnostic texts and pieces of other religions, and in so doing, completely destroyed the original purpose of Jesus's followers. How do I know this happened? I'm not 100 percent on the historical facts... but it's quite obvious that SOMETHING was heavily manipulated and encrypted, because of so many of the Bible's contradictions, and so many of the Bible's almost indecipherable parables.... and religious scholars today are STILL arguing about the meanings of things in their OWN religion.

If it were the truth, it would be clear cut, simple, and easy to understand. I honestly think that maybe them choosing Christianity was a strategic move to DESTROY the original meaning of the following and devide and conquor it's followers. They succeeded. Look how many sects within Christianity there are. Why exactly is this? Why can't people agree on what shoulde be a simple truth?

Anyway, sorry to de-rail the conversation. I just thought I'd respond to the attempt at character assassination (no pun intended).

Phew.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Some times I get that eerie feeling too and I look at the sky in day or night and I see everything around me as surreal as my dreams. It is a strange feeling and no one can dismiss that everyone of us see the life through an unique personal perspective so whoever is trying to impose theirs to others doesn't have the humbleness to recognize that simple fact. Go on and keep sharing your thoughs that not all the people of the world have a narrowed mind

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join