It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US legal system 'worse than Russia'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

US legal system 'worse than Russia'

business.timesonline.co.uk

Fear of the American legal system has created an atmosphere in which lawyers working for European businesses would prefer to face a major dispute in Russia or China than the US, a study has revealed.

A survey of 180 in-house counsel working in five European countries identified the US as the jurisdiction they were keenest to avoid, with 29 per cent naming it the country they were most concerned about facing a major dispute in.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Democracy and legal systems grows, and falls together.

This indicates clearly that both are gone to worst in recent US development. When we stick the economical situation to this mess we have the real soup: A Total Chaos.

business.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Once again you are apparently not reading your articles.

"Marc Gottridge, Lovells’ US managing partner, said these traps include the complexity of the US federal system, with its 'multiplicity of courts, prosecutors and regulators at state and federal levels' and the tradition of targeting corporations as well as individuals in criminal cases."

In other words, America is just really darn good at enforcing the law, and "in-house counsel", i.e. corporate defense, knows they have a bigger chance of losing here.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by chromatico]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Makes sense, they're scared of U. S. courts, our legal system sure knows
how to grind!

You know what the first five words you hear are, after putting on a 3-piece
suit?

" Will the defendant please rise? "

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

I am reading my news, and I clearly understand what I read. And you do that too, no question about that...

Still we can always understand it quit differently, depends from our attitude.

And that seems to be totally different between us, but I dont blame you, I respect positive peoples, and I admire your attitude!

I cant see it that way, just can not!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Of course executives and big business would rather operate un less retrictions and controls.

The very same restrictions and crontrols that protect the average American worker.

Duur?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
TV shows like law and order teach us that we either have to take a plea deal or we could get the death penalty. If the accused doesn't take the plea the judges get angry and think he is just being a dick and will rule the case tougher.

The whole system is rigged to rob us of a jury plain and simple

top topics

join