It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northern Ireland the new Monaco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Northern Ireland has suffered in the past but now it's thriving. OR SO WE THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best thing is to make it a principality like Monaco.

Hard job but I think a good idea to change beautiful place any ideas? is it a sham idea

There is still much trouble goin on.

Your thoughts would be appreciated

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Don`t mean to offend anyone, but a freezing, rainy, gray skies, evergreen Monaco, visionary to say the least.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
great reply

obviously your brain is ...............wait sorry I got told off last time.

MMMMMMMMMMM!

A intelligent answer would be nice. I dont think its an outlandish thought. Unless you have a good reason then, whey hey.
#

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

Maybe the fact that people live here and enjoy where they live might be very important.

there is always one.

Northern Ireland is a goood econony, check it out.

Do you have a problem with that horse

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What do you mean by, "Northern Ireland has suffered in the past but now it's thriving. OR SO WE THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Or so we think what? That it is thriving or that we have suffered in the past? Explain please...

Well, it is a nice enough place to live now. House prices are getting to a ridiculous level though. The area that I live in has some of the highest in the UK. I dread the day when I have to go and fend for myself and stop being a lazy student.

One of the reasons that the quality of life is good is because of the large handouts we get from the British Gov. I have never actually been sure that we could sustain this sort of level just relying on our own little economy. This is one of the reasons I am grateful to the British people, of which I am proud to be known as also, because it is their taxes afterall (not that us Northern Irish don't pay our fair share of taxes).

I have to admit that I don't really know a lot about principalities or what being one might entail. It should be our decision though.

Edit: I dunno if this is a NWO subject.

[edit on 3/20/2008 by Exopolitician]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
...and what does this have to do with the New World Order? Does this OP have anything to do with conspiracy or is it a feel good advert for N. Ireland? I am puzzled at this....

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Firstly, in order to be a Principality, one needs a....wait for it...Prince.

Do you honestly think that making a member of the Royal Household "Prince of Ulster" would go down well with the Republicans? I doubt it...

But, as stated above, without being a member of the UK, NI's economy would not be able to sustain the level of spending. Even if they joined with the ROI (which the majority of the population don't want), there would have to be significant cut's in public services.

Your much better off in the UK than out.

Same goes for the Scottish, although they'll insist the "oil money" will pay for their Free Uni and prescriptions until Judgment day...

The Welsh know where their bread is buttered though, hence why we don't here anything from them with regards to independence.

new topics

top topics

join