It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My computer just spoke!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It's not supposed to do that

It said "Hellooooo" In either a feminine,or a child like voice. Clear as a bell right out of the speakers.

running scans now. But humour me,are aliens trying to contact me via my pc. Or does ats have speaking ads?

edit to say- I did try talking back,but all that happened was my dog looked at my dissaprovingly and went back to sleep.

[edit on 18/3/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think your screen name answers all of your questions for you.

Your experience may well be related to tht....somehow.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It was an advertisement for Emoticons... you rolled your mouse over one of the smilies and it says "heeeloooooo".

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

lol, it's some sort of an add on ATS the every so often says.. 'hello" it's in a childish voice! It's like those smiley faces, kinda annoying. You are a okay!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It's apparently coming from one of the flash ads containing audio. Yesterday there was one announcing you're the winner of two Ipod Nanos. The Hello one started popping up shortly after the first was eliminated.

I'd recommend following the dog's lead, as there's no conspiracy nor cause for concern here.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
An Evangeligal might say your PC is possessed.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

So, you guys delete the annoying ad's?

Nice!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Possession is good. We can do possession.

I thought it was an add. But i thought it was skunkworks worthy for the giggle,I see it's moved,fair doos. (sorry for creating you more work)

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

So, you guys delete the annoying ad's?

Nice!

Yup, may take awhile, but they try to take out the ones with audio usually.

Here's the 'Ad Hitlist thread' in case you find any more....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
It's not supposed to do that

It said "Hellooooo" In either a feminine,or a child like voice. Clear as a bell right out of the speakers.

Now imagine that when you're working,tired... at about 3am with headphones on,you take a little break,read ATS quietly for 20 minutes..........then..

"SAYYYYYYYY SOMETHING!!!!!!!!"

I've lost track of how many pairs of underpants ATS owes me...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
hear, hear - move along. nothing to see here. the annoying smilies mean you no harm. I have to imagine though, that seriously has to just be some serious malware/adware. I wouldn't even want my worst enemy to install that on their computer.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Get worried when it says the following...

Would you like to play a game?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
the same thing happened to me, although it took me the better part of a minute to figure it out. . . which sucks is i always get this french add of this chick going wooohoooo. . . and everytime it trips me out! thats why i switched to firefox, and since then not a single add throwing me off my research entitled "how the world is going to end today" brought to you by ATS. . .

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
That happened to me also. Very same ad. It took me several days to figure it out. I live alone and it scared me very badly. I did not find it amusing in the least. I have had mild heart attacks in the past due to artherosclerotic heart disease and this literally gave me chest pains.
There ought to be a way to lodge complaints against such ads!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This thread gave me a Furby flashback!

I was'nt sure of what all Furby's done, just knew they were annoying!
I had placed it in the dark closet to make it shutup, and sleep!

Later on, I opened the door to get my gown, and the furby snored real loud, then made little gizmo noises,
I almost died!

I went through Hell trying to get rid of that thing!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Ads? What ads?

(Firefox with Adblock Plus FTW)

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

Haha Furbys are a source of pure evil, i swear it. Their creepy eyes and child like voices.... *shivers*... plus, I kicked one once and it farted. True story.

sty

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
well, I wonder when the time will come that they will beam advertising directly into our brains - via the satellite..

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neiby
Ads? What ads?

(Firefox with Adblock Plus FTW)

Just so you know, from the Terms & Conditions:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

4b) Ad Blockers: As AboveTopSecret.com is provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options while using the website(s).

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
hurry, get a screwdriver, remove your hard drive, hammer it a few times, then burn it! it's the only way to get rid of this evil force that speaks...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join