learn more

My computer just spoke!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I believe they are evil too!

The one I had started to talk in a weird language so, I took the batteries out, and went to JC Penny to return it for a refund!

The lady at the store asked if I had my batteries with me, and I said no, and that it was making crazy sounds!

...to my surprise her daughter was in the store, and had her furby with her...they actually put batteries in mine, and the furby's were talking to eachother, and she would'nt refund!

I felt like I was going to be stuck with that creepy thing forever!

I finally just took it to Wal-Mart!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
This the cutest thread i've ever seen!

Those Emoticons have shocked the daylights out of me many times...especially the one that says " Oh my Goooood"!

I dont have the speakers on because i know the Russians have taken over my computer and they are trying to brainwash me. I wont play their silly games. Now my tv,
now that's for a whole nother thread.

Its just not safe anywhere, you notice that?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I remember once,I was out for the night at a club.When I got back my other half was at the table,having breakfast (it was about 10am,long night) he said "now,don't think I've lost it,but I think we've got a ghost" He goes on to say that at around 2am,he heard a womans voice say "you've got company" He'd looked around everywhere for someone in the house,each room he went in,he got mor and more scared. (by the time he's got this far into the story I'm giggling) In the end,he got so scared,he grabbed both the dogs,and locked himself in the front room,and slept in there. Well,that was the icing on the cake,I was in stitches by now.

I'd left my computer on,with the volume up full (I've got a decent set of speakers attacthed) I'm on AOL (I know,I should know better) And when one of my friends comes online,it tells me by saying "you've got company" as anyone with aohell will know.

He eventually saw the funny side. (no idea why it took him so long,i could see it straight away
)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
An Evangeligal might say your PC is possessed.

This reminds me of a list of peculiar Latin phrases that I came across when I was looking for a translation.

Valui ad satanam in computatrum meum invocandum.

(I succeeded in summoning satan into my computer.)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
my friend daneil swore that once this old furbie that he had said, im going to kill you all! even his little brother heard it
now we must prepare for the greatest threat to humanities sylvester stalone in: DAWN OF THE FURBIES

[edit on 19-3-2008 by chupacabraboy]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

what happens if you use firefox and someone that cant be botherd to install flash.

is it against TC not to have flash so you dont get the annoying sounding adverts?

not complaing but it must be against some TCs on Advertising sites to use their adverts and force them on people?

will have to look into that.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
I did try talking back,but all that happened was my dog looked at my disapprovingly and went back to sleep.

Now this was worth the OP. What did you say to it? Does your dog usually field your questions? Do other objects talk to you?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

Why didn't you just bury the thing in your back yard? Stephen King's Furbie Cemetery.

Actually there is a big deal going on right now about an Elmo doll that said it was going to kill or something to that effect. Read it over on Yahoo news a few days ago.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Those damn emoticons got me at work...I was on ATS over lunch, and I knew the shop was empty...took me a while. I cussed, I did!

As to speaking foreign languages, my sister-in-law has two cutsie electronic Easter duckies that quack...but after one of them goes through the cycle, it then barks like a dog. But just the one...
Cracks me up every time!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Yeah, I posted a BTS thread on the evil Elmos back in Feb.

And it's not just the Elmo doll but his talking "Potty Time With Elmo," book, too!

"Who wants to die?"

Edit to add link

[edit on 19-3-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Burying that thing in my yard would be the last thing I would ever have done!
I had no idea about the Elmo talking crazy!

I've had other toys that would go off when the batteries were out!

I think the spirits like to play tricks on us!

Great, my daughter just came up to me after posting this, and asked for another battery for her vibrating dog, I hope he does'nt speak!

[edit on 3/19/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

I don't know...

It just strikes me as wrong for a toy dog to vibrate.
:shk:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

...well, it's like a vibrating pillow dog that she won at a Christmas drawing! lol

I know what you mean, I'm just hoping it does'nt say anything, or make any odd noises!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
It just strikes me as wrong for a toy dog to vibrate.
:shk:

That's nothing.

Anyone remember the, now recalled, Harry Potter Nimbus 2000?

'Nothing like giving kids a vibrating broomstick to shove between their legs.

What the hell was Matel thinking?

[edit on 3/19/08 by redmage]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Yes, I remember The Harry Potter Nimbus 2000!
I won the auction on Ebay for one a couple years ago!
I failed to notice that it was from the Uk.
I was new to Ebay, and did'nt feel like paying the amount of money I was supposed to, and the woman thought it would have sold for more anyway so, we agreed on her relisting it!
I guess it's good that I did'nt get it!
I might have tried to see if it really flew, or something!

I don't believe I have ever had an ad on ATS shock me though!
The I pod nano ad always gets my heart racing!

[edit on 3/19/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
i thought this topic was about the speaking adverts?
what happend to sticking to topic?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
i thought this topic was about the speaking adverts?
what happend to sticking to topic?

I could write up a philosophical essay on what happened to the concept, but I fear that it might be a bit off topic.

Regardless, the OP's question, regarding whether or not ATS has speaking ads that slip through, has been answered.

Yes, occasionally there are talking ads that slip through the cracks. Fortunately, SO is usually right on top of the situation, and they don't stick around very long.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Yeah I got one full blast when I had headphones on awhile ago and I about put my fist right through the monitor. You can tell your PC not to play sounds like that. I forget how but it should not be hard to find. It will play media just not the annoying clicks of the mouse or sounds from ads.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sty
well, I wonder when the time will come that they will beam advertising directly into our brains - via the satellite..

They are already doing that in Vegas... not sure how it works but its in a thread here somewhere... you walk by a sign and you hear the ad in your head... I will look it up

I thought subliminal advertising was illegal?

I do remember hunting the naked females in ice cubes of old drink ads though

Here is a scary use of onboard GPS chips in your car...

Billboards That Know You by Name

AH! Here it is...

Voices in Your Head Promote Ghost Stories

A Gawker writer shares his impressions after being hit by sound beams that created whispers in his head in a promotion for the Paranormal State show (via PSFK). In April, Holosonics, whose "non-linear sound" technology was covered here extensively in the past, did a similar stunt for Court TV.

adverlab.blogspot.com...

Holosonics.... Hmmmm

Holograms + Holosonics = No Planes

errmmm okay wrong thread

[edit on 19-3-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Just curious, and forgive my ignorance, but if one has never clicked on an ad, does ATS still receive compensation for simply loading it into the page one views?

And on a happy side note, I've noticed the auto refreshing ads seem to have disappeared along with the obnoxious audio ads.

Connection?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join