It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver area ATS members Alert...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
For those of us that get Fox31 news(Denver), they are going to have some sort of UFO special on Sunday 22, 2004. That's tomorrow. Not sure if it's the 5pm show or 9pm.

They said something like "ufos over Colorado?"

Just thought I would give those a heads up.
I emailed MUFON to see if they know anything ahead of time. Hopefully I hear something back.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Just watched the special and it was based on Tim Edwards of Salida, Colorado.

Apparently Mr. Edwards has witnessed another ufo sighting similar to the one in 1995. He's also seen a triangle shaped object.

John Schuessler, the International Director of MUFON was on the special and mainly spoke of the cigar shaped variety.
John Schuessler resides in the Denver area, and has 30+ years in the aerospace industry.

This is really good to see this in primetime news. I know it's just local, but this is excellent for the advance of ufology and the eventual disclosure of govt. related knowledge of ufos.

Did anyone else see this?

[Edited on 2004-2-22 by DClark]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
wish i had but want to know more keep posting

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Yeah, so... tell us more.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
How ironic, the timing of this.
It seems Wednesday night the 25th, a fireball (meteor) was seen travelling over the Denver metro area toward the west.

Here's the link.

Wish I knew where some pieces landed, ka ching!
Seriously, it sounds like there should be some searches for the remnants of this meteor / meteorite.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
most of my friends who have seen UFO's have spotted them all across the Colorado front-range region. My family has always seen them while camping in southern Wyoming. This seems to actually be a high activity area for UFOs, just that noone just talks about it, not out of disbelief, but more because it seems to be so common. It's strange.

BTW, I grew up in Laramie/Cheyenne and most of my family is in the front range region (Denver up to Cheyenne/Laramie). My grandma told me about a big ball of light she watched travel up the highway in Centennial (WY) and almost hit the mountain, at which point it shot straight up in the air and disappeared. My mom said we used to watch UFO's all the time when we went camping (I mentioned the possibility of them being satalites and she took me outside and pointed out a satalite... kinda cracked me up).

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
most of my friends who have seen UFO's have spotted them all across the Colorado front-range region. My family has always seen them while camping in southern Wyoming. This seems to actually be a high activity area for UFOs, just that noone just talks about it, not out of disbelief, but more because it seems to be so common. It's strange.

BTW, I grew up in Laramie/Cheyenne and most of my family is in the front range region (Denver up to Cheyenne/Laramie). My grandma told me about a big ball of light she watched travel up the highway in Centennial (WY) and almost hit the mountain, at which point it shot straight up in the air and disappeared. My mom said we used to watch UFO's all the time when we went camping (I mentioned the possibility of them being satalites and she took me outside and pointed out a satalite... kinda cracked me up).

Wow!
I know it might be tough, but you should see if your mom could recall where some of these ufos appeared.

It's wierd sometimes how casual people talk about it, like it's no big deal.

Hey, I don't know if you've heard about it yet. But MUFON is having their annual convention here in Denver in July.
MUFON Symposium
Might be something you'd be interested in. I plan on going if I have the time for it.

Keep watching the skies.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This is cool and thanks for heads up announcements but I wanna know about Denver Intl Airport and the aliens.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Well... I live in Colorado springs, about an hour or so from Denver. I haven't heard anything about any of these stories. I would think there'd be alot of UFO activity right around me since I practically have Cheyenne Mountain in my backyard. And for those who don't know what Cheyenne mountain is, it is also NORAD.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
Well... I live in Colorado springs, about an hour or so from Denver. I haven't heard anything about any of these stories. I would think there'd be alot of UFO activity right around me since I practically have Cheyenne Mountain in my backyard. And for those who don't know what Cheyenne mountain is, it is also NORAD.

Well DarkHelmet, you do have Black Forest nearby which has had several paranormal sightings. Not of ufo nature, but strange nonetheless.

I don't know about the frequency of ufo sightings in the Springs area, but I'm sure they're are quite a few people there that know a little bit about ufos.
Peterson AFB - Space Command
Shriever AFB - Controls Space Assets
NORAD - Tracks Space Objects

Of course, you don't have to travel that far south/west to find a hotbed of ufo activity.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Sorry about being a posting addict, but it seems that Fox31 news is on a kick about ufo related stuff.
I just saw something for a segment on NORAD. It's supposed to be on Sunday(tomorrow)

I have a feeling that this Norad segment airing is a result of the recent meteor/meteorite incident, along with the last ufo segment they aired.
Should be interesting if they mention the meteor or ufo segment.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I'm from Salida. I know Tim as a passing aquaintance and I'm actually kinda shocked that he isn't a member of ATS. The video he shot changed his life.
I saw the video through his camera a day or two after it was taped while visiting a friend at Tim's restaurant.
Nice guy.

I'll watch it.

Peace,
BG

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
HELL YEAH I'M GOING TO MUFON!

Also, we camped in (usually) 1 of 2 places.
1) Gus's Flats. If you drive through Centennial and take a left at the top if the hill (mountain, for all the east coast americans) right across from the ranger station and follow the road until you can take another left there is a couple camping spots there. It's by a RV sanitation loop.

2) Independence Canyon. Same mountain, but quite a bit further in. The hill right across from that spot looks like a giant pile of sand. Most of the rocks are brittle and range from pebble-sized to about 2 feet in diameter. The mountain 'glows' under a full moon. Apparently the trace uranium in the rocks glows under the ultraviolet light and makes it look alot brighter than it is. I have yet to put one of these under a blacklight, but that's what I've been told.

If I think about it I'll ask my mom where she saw most of the UFO's. Should be one of those 2 areas. BTW, my grandma didn't say anything about the ball she saw (about 10 feet across... forgot to mention that) until some other lady mentioned something 'wierd' that she saw. Apparently it's not all that uncommon to see stuff like that around there. Those mountains are pretty tough, even on 4WD's. There's alot of places that it's damn near impossible to even hike back in, namely Savage Run Wilderness Area. I never thought about it, but people are scarce around some areas of the mountains just because of that. I'll have to start investigating, but maybe there's something up there we never knew about. Guess I WON'T be running to the hills if anything ever happened, lol.

One more note (ok, a couple). My Grandpa moved out here in the late 50's/early 60's to work for the University of Wyoming seeding clouds. I'm not sure about this totally, though. My parents didn't even tell me they knew I had ADHD until last year. He worked closely with the Gem (Gelm, Jelm?) Mountain Observatory. I'm willing to bet he has some stories as well. The other thing is that I'm familiar with almost all of the wildlife in that area and grew up hunting those parts. I have seen, several times and always at night, wierd creatures. The best look I got, which confirmed I wasn't seeing distorted shadows, was when one ran across the road on my way back down to camp. My dad wasn't paying attention and keeps telling me I probably saw a bear, but I know that bears are very rare in those areas. You have a much better chance of seeing a bobcat (ever hear a screaming baby in the woods? That's a bobcat
). Anyways, from what I could tell, this thing was shaped like a bear in the body and head, but it's neck and legs were a bit longer. I would've just blown it off as an elk to tell you the truth, but the head was more like a dog/bear with a slightly elongated snout.

man, no wonder I had messed up dreams and was scared of the dark when I was a kid! We practically lived in those mountains when I was growing up!

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well alrighty then, TMI

I'm looking at a topo map and can't find any of the features you list. Could you provide some different directions? How far away from Centennial are these locations?
I'm assuming this is all in the Medicine Bow Mountains?

Adding to the Norad news segment on Fox31, Wei Wong will be the reporter doing the segment from Cheyenne Mtn.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Ok, it took me awhile (online topo maps suck, so I got smart and started looking up mines).

This is the area we used to camp, called Centennial Ridge. Independence Canyon is on the west (top) of the ridge.
www.wsgsweb.uwyo.edu...

"# Independence mine

Located on the west bank of the Middle Fork of the Little Laramie River. The tunnel was driven N35�W crosscutting five shear zones. At 30 feet from the portal, a tunnel was driven to the south parallel to an N68�E shear zone. Reported assays from the mine yielded 0.27 ounce per ton platinum, 0.46 ounce per ton iridium, 0.03 ounce per ton rhodium, and 0.10 ounce per ton osmium. Samples collected in the during mapping of the mine by the Wyoming State Geological Survey, contained no detectable platinum, and none to 0.82 ounce per ton gold."

Mostly crap info, but if you can find a map that shows the Independence Mine, you can find our exact camping spot that is south of the mine by about 1/2 mile or so. Right across the road is where the Ice Mine used to be.

If you look at Fig. 4 www.wsgsweb.uwyo.edu...
See where the arrow is pointing? That mine is about 1/8 mile down the road from where we used to camp. The area is known to me and other locals as Gus's Flats, and just down the hill a bit is a UW geological survey building (or something like that... may be USFS now, or used to be... can't see it from camp and usually don't pay attention to it). BTW, don't let that pic fool ya... that's a decent sized mountain. See the old saw mill (brown cone-shaped thing) to the left of the road? That is about 3 stories tall.

That should give you a general idea of the locations that I'm talking about. I'm starting to get curious about whether or not some of the miners may have seen anything... I cannot even begin to explain the view from the top of the ridge at the Queen mine. It's simply awesome!

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by Earthscum]

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by Earthscum]

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Oh yeah, in case anyone is curious (I know it's off-topic, but not really... just not UFO's) everytime I saw one of those creatures (like 3 times in shadows and the once that I caught it in my headlights as hit hauled ass across the road) was on the road that goes from Rob Roy back towards the Gus's Flats area, more towards Rob Roy by Savage Run.

If anyone ever wants to come up this way after the snow melts and get a 'tour' of these mountains, just U2U me... I'm always looking for a reason to get up there! I'll take you to some awesome spots... old cabins, mines (most have been 'reclaimed'... in other words the openings blasted shut).

Oh, and looking at ore from the Independence mine, it may have been Iridium, not Uranium. I can't remember right off hand, but I think Iridium glows like that too. Basic vocal misunderstanding if I was wrong.

new topics

top topics

join