It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new avatar...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I tossed and turned all night... maybe an hour of shut eye over 8 hours of tossing.

My room is in the very back of this large old 2 story home.
My bedroom window is boarded over with plywood.
My walls, floor, and ceiling are wood. The wood ceiling is 2" thick and also covered in tin.

I have a fish tank with a noisy water and air pump outside my bedroom door and a refrigerator in the adjacent room.

With my feather comforter pulled over my head...

It still sounds like someone is frying bacon in my bedroom.

**I stretch my neck**

I just saw my wife off to work... she dosed me with my calcium magnesium supplement before she left. She wishes I could go with her... but she knows it is my job to keep working on this place.

I look out my window at my purple house... the one on the corner where the lines turn south... where the radiation field is by far strongest.

Although she has given me her 30 day notice... I have a tenant in there... who has hung artistic wire mesh over her canopy bed.

I placed another ad this morning.... visa card; near maxed:

eco-friendly 1/1 Downtown
wood heat - solar hot water

Some folks when they hear maxed credit... they think over the 500 limit... maybe 5000... some people know the evil of $15,000.

$80k for me... and floating; platinum/750

Don't even ask about all the mortgages and student debt.

The madness of this responsibility,

Sri Oracle

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I read your account and I'd like to request a couple things.

1. Can you post the Google Earth co-ordinates of one of the houses, or of the vicinity, or something that will allow us to view the area, while not compromising your identity.

For instance, you could get the best Google Earth view, do a screen shot of them and then post those images here, but not state where it is, precisely.

Alternately, if you have any ground-based photos of your houses, just for point of interest and orientation, please consider posting a few - house exteriors, interiors, etc.

2. Can you post any studies you've read, or a representative sample that show clear hazards?

3. Are you aware that the first study linking EMF to cancer was a hoax?

Once I get your reply I have some more ideas which may help you.

Take care and try to remain calm while we sort this out.

Wiki (bolding mine)

Some research has found that exposure to elevated levels of ELF magnetic fields such as those originating from electric power transmission lines may be implicated in a number of adverse health effects. These include, but are not limited to, childhood leukemia [10], adult leukemia[11], breast cancer[12], neurodegenerative diseases (such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)[13][14][15], Miscarriage[16][17][18], and clinical depression. Although there seems to be a small statistical correlation between various diseases and living near power lines, the physical mechanism is not clear. One proposed mechanism is that the electric fields around power lines attract aerosol pollutants.[19][20]

One possible response to the potential dangers of overhead power lines is to place them underground. According to the British Stakeholder Advisory Group on ELF EMFs[21], the cost of burying cables at transmission voltages costs is around GBP 10M/km, compared to GBP 0.5-1M/km for overhead lines.

Underground cables eliminate the electric field and reduce the width over which the magnetic field is elevated.[22] However, in reality, protection from the dangers of electromagnetic (EM) fields is seldom the driving concern when burying power lines.

The strongest evidence linking EMF to cancer was fabricated. Most people, when quizzed, have heard of the link between EMF's and cancer, but relatively few people have heard of the fabricated data leaving a public perception that power lines are far more dangerous than they are.[6] Indeed, the UN World Health Organization has concluded "...a cause-and-effect link between ELF field exposure and cancer has not been confirmed."[7]

I post that not to dispute your feelings or reactions, but just to add a little perspective. There truly are people who would not care about the powerlines and who live in areas that might be more hazardous, for whom such housing might be of interest.

Finally, I'd urge you to consider moving away from the area for a couple months even if it meant living out of an RV, but away from the power lines, returning only to your house for brief periods to collect supplies or do laundry.

It may be that exposure (either real or partly imagined) is compromising your ability to think clearly.

As you mentioned, one person who became at odds with you became a friend after he moved away for a while. Try to figure out and estimate how long that took so you'll understand the half-life of the potential effects.

HTH! Good luck!

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Can you post the Google Earth co-ordinates of one of the houses, or of the vicinity, or something that will allow us to view the area, while not compromising your identity.

description to follow...

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
pink are my houses
yellow abandoned
red torn down past 15 years
baby blue is commercial
black is parking lots

You'll notice the entire substation block is abandoned; even though there are 4 buildings... one of the red dots on that block was recently rebuilt and sold as a HUD home. One of the yellow lots is and has been for sale for quite a while.

The two big roofs on my block are HUD apartments... aka free living for short term tenants. there are 4 houses occupied on the south side of my block.

The start of the green line is the substation; the lines run on the south side of the street and then the east side when the turn south.

my "purple house" is the one at the corner where the lines "T" and head south... adjacent to the parking lot. At that intersection; anywhere on that intersection... gauss readings are over 10. The electrical field weakens under roof/tree cover; the magnetic field is undeterred. From my research, and by on site experience, the magnetic field extends about 100+ feet from the base of the pole; my lots are 125 feet deep. The south running lines are on old style poles... the east west ones are on huge concrete poles... the old ones definitely cackle... the new ones hum

The block north of me has four structures facing south... a church... a week to week boarding house... a once monthly sorority house, and a part time auto repair shop.... the woman who owns the boarding house lives in a 400 sqft out building under the trees in the middle of the block.

aka... hardly used.

Sri Oracle

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
1. Can you post the Google Earth co-ordinates of one of the houses, or of the vicinity, or something that will allow us to view the area, while not compromising your identity.

done

2. Can you post any studies you've read, or a representative sample that show clear hazards?

Recent research in two areas, neurodegenerative diseases and cardiac diseases associated with heart rate variability, have
identified some interesting and novel findings for which further study is ongoing.

www.niehs.nih.gov...

also here:
www.ehponline.org...

also here:
www.who.int...

Underneath power lines, magnetic fields can be about 20 µT and electric fields can be several thousand volts per metre. However, average residential power-frequency magnetic fields in homes are much lower - about 0.07 µT in Europe and 0.11 µT in North America. Mean values of the electric field in the home are up to several tens of volts per metre.

My meter pins out at 10 µT... i can make it do that by stepping off my front porch... onto the sidewalk. (4) then onto the street (10+)

I've wandered around suburbia with my meter... I can sit on top of one of those green boxes and get a 2.

Take care and try to remain calm while we sort this out.

cool as a cucumber in a frying pan

However, in reality, protection from the dangers of electromagnetic (EM) fields is seldom the driving concern when burying power lines.

right... they usually are only buried in rich ends of town or in commercial areas because they are deemed an eye sore and cost 3 million a mile to bury...

The strongest evidence linking EMF to cancer was fabricated.

try selling that one to my neighbor that just moved out from the building they tore down infront of the substaion... she has brain cancer.

There truly are people who would not care about the powerlines and who live in areas that might be more hazardous, for whom such housing might be of interest.

I was one of those people... then I lived here.

Finally, I'd urge you to consider moving away from the area for a couple months even if it meant living out of an RV, but away from the power lines, returning only to your house for brief periods to collect supplies or do laundry.

Theft and crime are rampant here under the lines... every time I leave compound something ends up missing... last week I installed a door for the third time on the rental across the street... pryed open... week before... neighbors lawnmower stolen... I've had my chainsaw fuel stolen twice from my backyard shed and my wife's bike has also been stolen twice when I was "off compound"

Presence is everything when you are reclaiming a bad part of town. This building is still in a state of repairs... I keep $10k of vital tools on site. The last occurrence here before I purchased this building, and kept steady presence, was a vandal pissing on all of the floors and shooting out all of the windows.

It may be that exposure (either real or partly imagined) is compromising your ability to think clearly.

no doubt

As you mentioned, one person who became at odds with you became a friend after he moved away for a while. Try to figure out and estimate how long that took so you'll understand the half-life of the potential effects.

He was cool with me within 3 weeks... He lived here about 6 months. We do dinner together every Sunday.

I have a tension headache... and I need to get back to work on this beast...

all for now,

Sri Oracle

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I walked away to get to work... but now you have me thinking.

It could be the "adhd" it could be that sizzle... but I'm distracted.

There is one house there on that map south of the substation.

There's a man that owns it. He does like you advise. He comes once a month; he mows the lawn down. He keeps a light on a timer. He might even do a batch of laundry like you say. I've been here 5 years... lately he's slowed down to quarterly visits; same beat the weeds down and run proceedure.

Back when I first bought "in", I had one house here on the blocks. I walked down to that mans house and I asked him how much he'd sell it for. He was an older man... I could see keeping up the place was a burden. He had just watched me remodel my first house... He told me (now this is right there aross from the substation), "son you don't want this house" and he wouldn't look me in the eye... but he held a steady stare.

he stared at what was behind me.

the buzz didn't really bother me so much back then. I was kind of oblivious to it. I thought the aches and pains were just working hard.

You know... to be honest...

Lai and Singh's findings support the so-called free radical hypothesis, which posits that extremely-low-frequency EMFs increase free radical activity in cells, thereby causing DNA damage and disturbing other cellular processes and functions. They and others had shown earlier that free radical damage can lead to cellular necrosis and apoptosis. Such effects are particularly troubling in neurons, because these cells cannot divide and are not replaced when they die--thus the potential link to neurodegenerative diseases.

Lai and Singh exposed groups of rats for 24 or 48 hours to a 60-hertz magnetic field at an intensity of 0.01 millitesla (mT)----a "1" on sri's meter----a low intensity within the levels that a person could encounter in the environment, for example near electric blankets and hair dryers. They treated some of the groups with one of three drugs, two that are known to decrease cellular free radicals and a third, an iron chelator, that has been implicated in the generation of free radicals.

If you have read this far, u2u me, then come to downtown pensacola, ask for the crazy white man with long dredlocks. I'll sit you down on the street in front of my home, feed you fresh food and water to your hearts content and play your choice of music. I'll flag the few cars that pass this way around you. All you have to do is sit there... on the asphalt, where I place you, with a copy of this thread and a copy of my avatar; until you say you cannot take it any more "the radiation is simply too intense, let me go." Then you are free to leave. Hows that from internet hoax to real world, super quick? I bet you run out of spirit before I run out of food. The bank says $330,000 and counting for me to buy freedom. Footsteps are free.

They found significantly more DNA single- and double-strand breaks in the brain cells of undosed rats that were exposed longer, indicating that the effects were cumulative. In previous research, they had exposed rats to a 0.1-mT field for 2 hours with no detectable increase in DNA double-strand breaks. This suggests a complicated interaction between intensity and duration of exposure in the biologic effects of EMFs, and could explain negative results in other studies.

What does freedom of speech cost?

I could be putting up more crown moulding...

Time is money they say.

I think I'm going to go plant something in the garden.

Sri Oracle, jah love

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hi Sri,

Is there any way to cut the power lines above your house? Are you referring to regular power lines or those huge hundred foot tall metal structures?

I am not living off grid, but this house is wired for solar power (I don't have any money to buy panels right now). My landlord does have solar power, and we both use solar hot water.

I hope you figure something out with your house. God speed.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I can't help it but read everything you post poetically, was that intentional? lol it was like reading edgar poe.... anyways sorry Sri, I hate to tell you but it will be"opposite day" after I finish posting this, so your negative image is actually a happy one......lol

[edit on 20-3-2008 by skyblueff0]

Okay, I just fully read everything you posted, without being half arse asleep. I really can't help you, but I do understand your situation my dad owns some homes as well, and he hasn't seen any good from the business. I don't know what to else to say, besides don't give up hope, I'm sure people will buy your house. Maybe write a letter to the governor and discuss about the health hazard of that electrical power line or grid, maybe in hopes for them to move it or possibly buy your homes. Just be persistent about it, maybe go to a lawyer and check the state or city laws, and work with the system, see if the government can buy the house.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by skyblueff0]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I don't view any art form or Sri Oracle's new avatar as evil, just unique. The colors look too red and black for me and that's about it. It's those darn electrical wires and the EMF that's evil. Surely there has to be something to counteract those 'negative' vibes coming out from those brain zappers!

[edit on 2008-3-20 by pikypiky]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Are you referring to regular power lines or those huge hundred foot tall metal structures?

were in that huge 100' tall category... except where it passes in front of my home it downgrades to the old fashion style, super huge, wood telephone poles with the same "high tension" lines on them. They power the city sewer plant... though I'd love to turn my stihl loose on them... something tells me law would be here lickety.

I hope you figure something out with your house. God speed.

Well it seem I'm going to have a rave at the homestead... perhaps 300 raving heads and thunderous bass will bust a hole in the matrix.

Sri

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
You know... call me schitzo...

I thought every telephone pole is supposed to be grounded.

I have called gulf power multiple times and complained that not a single pole that passes in front of my home is grounded. They all have a huge copper ground wire coming all the way down the pole... but the wire stops waist high...

Everytime they send someone out, I get a phone call back that says everything is a ok... I even got to talk to the technician one time... he said it was fine... nothing to be repaired... I even pointed at the ground wire... running all the way down the 100' pole... and then NOT to the ground.. wtf? I asked.

"its not needed" "just salt air on the lines making them crackle"

tttszzzzzz zzzzzzzz zzz

I think I've posted to much about the NWO and they're trying to fry me.

or something...

the frayed edges of sanity...

roar,

Sri Oracle

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Maybe I'm insane
Walking on a wire
Maybe I'm the same
Nothing to take me higher
Tell me where to start
Think I'm at the end
Right now feeling pain
Make it go away

Maybe I'm to blame
Maybe I'm a liar
Maybe we're the same
Nothing can start the fire
I can't feel my heart
But I feel the shame
Nothing left to say
Soon I'll fade away

These places all I ever think about is lost in time
These faces haunting me
I'm looking back and they are mine

I'm hiding from the things they say
Doing time and lead astray
Thinking back to times of yesterday
I could fly

I'm trying to find a better way
But I'm trapped
Can't get away
All I think is about yesterday
I could fly

Maybe I'm insane
Walking on a wire
Maybe I'm the same
Nothing to take me higher
I can't feel my heart
But I feel the shame
Nothing left to say
Soon I'll fade away

These places all I ever think about is lost in time
These faces haunting me
I'm looking back and they are mine

I'm hiding from the things they say
Doing time and lead astray
Thinking back to times of yesterday
I could fly

I'm trying to find a better way
But I'm trapped
Can't get away
All I think is about yesterday
I could fly

korn - i'm hiding

love, jah blessings,

sri oracle

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I can feel the blood, flowing through my veins
Spilling on my soul
And now the hunger's getting bigger
Come a little closer now pretentious whore and pull my trigger
Free the violence that is building in me
I say now end of the ride, murder suicide
Is how I've been feelin' lately
Come a little closer my pretentious whore I'm living with a feeling that I can't ignore
And the need to get psycho is not a question to me
I wanna get psycho
I wanna, wanna, wanna, wanna

eco-friendly 1/1
wood heat

tzzzzt zzzzt zzzzt z tz z ztz z

sri oracle

that was courtesy of disturbed... the meaning of life they say

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
And now you come to my awakening, which is my deeper dream. Ready am I to go, and my eagerness with sails full set awaits the wind. Only another breath will I breathe in this still air, only another loving look cast backward, and then I shall stand among you, a seafarer among seafares. an you, vast sea, sleepless mother, who alone are peace and freedom to the river and the stream, only another winding will this stream make, only another murmur in this glade, and then shall I come to you, a boundless drop to a boundless ocean.

and as he walked he saw from afar mend and women leaving their fields and their vineyards and hastening towards the city gates, and he heard their voices calling his name, and shouting from field to field telling one another of the coming of his ship,

and he said to himself: shall this day of parting be a day of gathering?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
and shall it be said that my eve was in truth my dawn?

and what shall I give unto him who has left his plough in midfurrow, or to him who has stopped the wheel of his winepress? shall my heart become a tree heavy -laden with fruit that I may gather and give unto them? and shall my desires flow like a fountain that I may fill their cups?

am I a harp that the hand of the mighty may touch me,
or a flute that hs breath may pass through me?

a seeker of silences am I, an dwhat treasure have I found in silences that I may dispense with confidence?

If this is my day of harvest, in wht fields have I sowed the seed, and in what unremembered seasons?

If this indeed be the hour in which I lift up my lantern, it is not my flame that shall burn therein. empty and dark shall I raise my lantern, and the guardian of the night shall fill it with oil and he shall light it also.

these things he said in words but much in his heart remained unsaid. for he himself could not speak his deeper secret.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I wanna play, you know it's time.
Something is calling, I can't keep from falling.
Come on!
It's on!
Now see it's my fault, angels stabbing me inside.
Nothing changes, just rearranges, for me this time.
Once I cave in, what can I fight?
I can never win, my self I don't like,
I don't like, I don't like, I don't like.
Something is calling, I can't keep from falling.

and when he entered into the city all the people came to meet him, and they were crying out to him as with one voice. and the elders of the city stood forth and said:

would you get the f*&% out of my face?

Go not yet away from us, a noontide have you been in our twilight, and your youth has given us dreams to dream.

No stranger are you among us, nor a guest, but our son and our dearly beloved, suffer not yet our eyes to hunger for your face.

and the priests and the priestesses said unto him:

let not the waves of the sea separate us now, and the years you have spent in our midst become a memory.

You have walked among us a spirit, and your shadow has been a light upon our faces. Much have we loved you . But speechless was our love, and with veils has it been veiled.

Yet now it cries aloud unto you and would stand revealed before you.

And ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
and others came also and entreated him. but he answered them not he only bent his head and those who stood near saw his tears falling upon his breast and he and the people proceeded towards the great square before the temple

how can you deny God?

and there came out of the sanctuary a woman whose name was Almitra. And she was a seeress.

And he looked upon her with exceeding tenderness, for it was she who had first sought and believed in him when he had been but a day in their city.

And now your ship has come, and you must go.

Deep is your longing for the land of your memories and the dwelling place of your greater desires; and our love would not bind you nor our needs hold you.

Yet this we ask ere you leave us, that you speak to us and give us of your truth, and we will give it unto our children, and it shall not perish. In your aloneness you have wathed with our days, and in your wakefulness you have listened to weeping and the laughter of our sleep.

Now therefore disclose us to ourselves, and tell us all that has been show you of that which is between birth and death.

and he answered people of orphalese, of what can I speak save of that which is even now moving within your souls?

Then said almitra, Speak to us of Love

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
om apa-sarpantu tae bhuta yei bhuta
bhuvi sam-stitaha
yei bhuta vigna kartara
stei gachantu shiva ajnaya

i'm failing to reference... kahlil gibran, intermixed with korn; this is sanskit; synolog ashley-farrand

its so predictable

its all an illusion, love is free giving.

I am,

Sri Oracle

I'm gonna die

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hmm. I'm in a similar situation with rental properties...only no powerlines.. Just property values that crashed and loans that matured while I was trying to sell such that rent collected does not cover costs, and I cannot refinance.

I'm going to see if the banks can work with me...I'm declaring hardship. If they cant then I will be declaring bankruptcy and walking away with a HUGE burden off of my shoulders. The properties are in my name not my husbands so it shouldn't affect his credit just mine. I'm not sure which path I'll take but I must admit that I've reached a point where I just don't give a flying F*$k.

So best of luck to you...you're not entirely alone.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It would be really great if there was some sort of way to take advantage of EMF to generate power.
Seems like you should be abe to build a coil and have electricity coming out the ends, if the fields are strong enough.
Maybe you can start a thread, asking for advice from electrical engineeres on how to build such a thing.
That could get the power companie's attention, if they knew you had a parasitic draw from their power lines.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join