It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Escapes Stoning For Adultery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
well at least they dont have gold diggers in iran like america. I wonder what the divorce rate in iran is.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

For sure thay are still in the dark age i dont even know if this happend in iraq never heard of stuff like this happening in iraq maybe it did but not for a while or maybe i did see one between muslim iraqs and kurdish.

I am assyrian we have never seen anything like this we tottaly against it.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOmaskedman

Diovorce rate is probely not as bad as america in islamic countrys its not very easy to divorce u know what i mean the lady will be trash to them if she has marriaged before?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The way I see it laws like this have existed for thousands of years because:

If the women is not punished - and the man who she cheated with is not punished -

The husband will murder both of them. And their family. He will get his friends together and rip apart his unfaithful wife, then he will track down the man and kill him as well. Family usually gets involved.

So instead they decide that punishment should be a communal thing. This is law and order people... it may seem barbaric but I think any man in here will admit that it would be EASY to be barbaric if your wife cheated on you...

Yes the law is outdated but the logic is still there. If a woman cheats on her husband she will be murdered for it... either by the state or by the husband.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Your kind of right but barberic not everyone would be?

Maybe alot and a whole majority maybe even me but i wouldent kill her or anything i would divorce her and be happy i left so i can live alone and relax and drink beer without no problems or headaches from her true?

But there is smarter and inteligent ways to fix problems like this just let it go thay are the one that have to live with the problem after anyway how are thay gona trust each other if she cheated on her husbend the trust issue wil lstay and thay both wont trust each other anymore true?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaadAdam
i wouldent kill her or anything i would divorce her and be happy i left so i can live alone and relax and drink beer without no problems or headaches from her true?

Yes in western society this is true. We are happy to cut the cord and live single and go after other women,

but in other societies you really need your one wife to stay with you because there is no dating scene and it's hard to find a new spouse. Also, they don't have the same legal systems where they can just divorce and move on with their lives.

In their legal system if the spouse breaks their life-long contract for marriage - the spouse loses their life. Obviously they should have evolved beyond that system by now. But they still live alot like they did 1000 years ago.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Thay do really live in anciant times its getting funny now and very stupid thay need a change to fix sociaty over there. This is a reason y thay cant survive in normal sociaty as normal humans

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join