It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could sit down and have a conversation with anyone from the past, who would it be and why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtb2008
Lee Harvey Oswald, so I can hear his side of the story.
The dude who REALLY shot Kennedy, so I can hear his side of the story.
Kennedy, maybe he knows who killed him...
Hitler, but I'd have to learn German...

I might be a little afraid to talk to Hitler, but I must admit it would no doubt be an interesting conversation.

Some others that would be fascinating to talk to would be Ghandi, and Buddah.

I think it would be cool also to learn whatever is the VERY FIRST language ever used by man, than go back and talk to a group of the very first people who used it, just to see how far weve come since then.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Ah, the Buddha. I never thought about him. You can add him to my list.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I think it would be cool also to learn whatever is the VERY FIRST language ever used by man

I believe that the origin of language has been traced back to the region between Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan.

The science of linguistic anthrolpology uses different forms of investigation than traditional archeology. Coincidently the origin of civilization has also been traced back to the same region using different scientific techniques.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The so called "Coward" Robert Ford. Love to hear the real story behind The Jesse James Assassination. Why he did it, and how it went down, and yes i have heard the stories, but much can be distorted in 126 years.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

I think it would be cool also to learn whatever is the VERY FIRST language ever used by man

I believe that the origin of language has been traced back to the region between Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan.

The science of linguistic anthrolpology uses different forms of investigation than traditional archeology. Coincidently the origin of civilization has also been traced back to the same region using different scientific techniques.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by In nothing we trust]

Oh, cool. I didnt know that. Well I guess I would be talking to a group of people from the middle east. Star for the info. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I guess I would be talking to a group of people from the middle east.

I believe that our troops are learning the languges of the region and investigating archeological sites even now.

Strange how civilization would develop around the biggest fossil fuel deposits in the world, huh.

I think I would like to talk to Marduk.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Some famous comedians that would be fun to sit back and talk with are:

John Belushi

Johnny Carson

Chris Farley

Mitch Hedberg

Richard Pryor

Some famous musicians:

John Lennon

George Harrison

Kurt Cobain

Tupac (I just want to find out who really killed him)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

That is rather interesting now that you mention it. We seem to have started out in that area and now we just may blow our selves up because of whats in that area. Very facsinating.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
As another poster said I would definitely want to talk to myself in the past and probably give myself of list of things i should and shouldn't do.

I wonder though if I still would have made the same mistakes though simply because i didn't have the experience????

I do know one thing for sure, if my Future self came back to me now and gave me a list of things to do and not do - I would probably make sure I did what I told myself to do!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberTruth
As another poster said I would definitely want to talk to myself in the past and probably give myself of list of things i should and shouldn't do.

I wonder though if I still would have made the same mistakes though simply because i didn't have the experience????

I do know one thing for sure, if my Future self came back to me now and gave me a list of things to do and not do - I would probably make sure I did what I told myself to do!!!!

You know, its, funny. I didnt even think of that. There are quite a few things that I would want to go back and tell myself not to do. If I could do that my life would be a whole lot easier right now.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

That is rather interesting now that you mention it. We seem to have started out in that area and now we just may blow our selves up because of whats in that area. Very facsinating.

No worries.

While there is the slightest chance of a statistical error, the math says that the destruction will be localized.

Please see the following thread for a more detailed explaination for the statement above.

"Federal reserve bank to implode 4 years ahead of schedule"
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The dude who invented the wheel – although I probably couldn’t get much out of him "derka derka fuga buga be”

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Fair enough. Its an interesting thought none the less.

Some one else that would be interesting to talk to is Edgar Allan Poe. I love his poetry and short stories.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Some one else that would be interesting to talk to is Edgar Allan Poe. I love his poetry and short stories.

He was a bit of a creep if you ask me. Kinda like Stephen King.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

He was a bit of a creep if you ask me. Kinda like Stephen King.

well he did marry his 14 year old cousin. I imagine that he wasnt a people person. He lived a rather dark and tortured life though. He died a somewhat mysterious death too. I would like to find out exactly how he turned up in a hospital all beat up wearing some one elses clothes and shouting the name Reynolds. But yeah all in all I suppose he was kind of creepy.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Language barrier aside, I would love to speak to some of those Mayan High Priests from the ancient times - they could at least explain their calendar properly!!

John Titor, so I could bash him about the head for all the conflict he caused here on ATS!

Luciano Pavarotti simply because I thought he was the best thing since sliced bread.

And of course all the "usual suspects" already mentioned like Buddha, Jesus, Ghandi, etc.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

Of all the people on your list the only one that would gladly talk with you would be Jesus. The others only if they had the time and inclination to do so.

As for myself;

Jesus; reasons why are to numerous to list but deal with things prior to Adam.

Adam and why did he eat the forbidden fruit when he knew better?

Eve and why did she listen to a serpent? We all know they speak with forked tongue.

Enoch; was he really the architect of the great pyramid as stated in the Egyptian Book of The Dead?

Don't know if I'd like the answers but it sure would be fun to find out.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LovingSoul
Language barrier aside, I would love to speak to some of those Mayan High Priests from the ancient times - they could at least explain their calendar properly!!

John Titor, so I could bash him about the head for all the conflict he caused here on ATS!

Luciano Pavarotti simply because I thought he was the best thing since sliced bread.

And of course all the "usual suspects" already mentioned like Buddha, Jesus, Ghandi, etc.

Of course, the Mayan high Preists. I wish I had thought of that. I would love to findout what there calendar is all about just like you. I would want to find out what if anything happens on December 21, 2012.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Harry Houdini might be kind of fun to talk to. He was all about revealing the truth as to how things really worked. I might learn something from him.

Some one else( I might be completely alone on this on) Fred Rogers. He was such a genuinely kind hearted and loving man. He spent the majority of his life teaching children on his television show, but I think there was a thing or two that even adults could have learned from him.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Alexander the great
Hatshepsut
Dionysos
Helen of Troy
Budha
Oracle at Delphi
Socrates

Just to name a few. Would be fun to get them all together.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join