It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could sit down and have a conversation with anyone from the past, who would it be and why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I did a search on this and didnt see any threads like this. Also If this is in the wrong forum, I apoligize and ask the mods to put my thread in the proper place.Now, down to business...

I was wondering to myself all day, If I could go back in time and talk to any person I wanted who would it be and why?

I decided that I would talk to numerous people. The first being Jesus Christ, I would love to see what he was all about first had.

I would also like to talk to Leonardo Davinci. The man was a genius. I cant help but wonder what he could have achieved had he been alive today.

Some one else is Albert Einstien. The man was so intelligent. In my mind no one else has come as close to describing just how the universe really works as he did.

Another would be Carl Sagan. I think he was succesfull in making astrophysics seem fun.

Well, there you have it. those are the people from the past that I would want to talk to.

How about you? Who from the past would you want to talk to and why?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I would probably pick some old bum and talk to him about his life.

Much more interesting than listening to some professor or mathematician blather on about how he studied and continued his subject area all his life and then died.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I would want to talk to the founding fathers of the United States and see what their view of this country was. I bet they would fall dead to know how it turned out.

Source: John Adams Qoutes

As long as Property exists, it will accumulate in Individuals and Families. As long as Marriage exists, Knowledge, Property and Influence will accumulate in Families.

Source: Benjamin Franklin Qoutes

He that goes a borrowing goes a sorrowing.

Then there's Alexander Hamilton, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Thomas Paine & George Washington.

These men were and will always be America!

[edit on 3/17/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Adam.

So he could introduce me to God.

I have plenty of questions to ask God.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

I'd hate to be in that position really.

Kinda like being back in school when the teacher asks a question, and everyone in the class just falls silent because no one wants to answer.

And then the teacher picks out the nervous kid, who answers wrong - and then the teacher corrects him.

In otherwords, in order to unravel the secrets of the universe, one must be prepared to sit and listen, like a good little plaything created for the entertainment of a being of far greater scope than anything we could possibly imagine.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I would want to talk to the founding fathers of the United States and see what their view of this country was. I bet they would fall dead to know how it turned out.

Source: John Adams Qoutes

As long as Property exists, it will accumulate in Individuals and Families. As long as Marriage exists, Knowledge, Property and Influence will accumulate in Families.

Source: Benjamin Franklin Qoutes

He that goes a borrowing goes a sorrowing.

Then there's Alexander Hamilton, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Thomas Paine & George Washington.

These men were and will always be America!

[edit on 3/17/2008 by Solarskye]

I didnt think about that. Now that you bring it up it would be interesting to see what they have to say.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Some one else I would want to meet and talk to would be John Lennon. Not only was he one of the best musicians of all time, I think he was wise beyond his years. There was just something about him that was... well, for lack of a better word, special.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The founding fathers for sure, especially George Washington.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Adam.

So he could introduce me to God.

I have plenty of questions to ask God.

I know this is off topic but if you dont mind me saying I think a good series of books for you to read is Conversations With God books 1,2 and 3 by Neale Donald Walsch. in the books Neale has alot of questions for god, and well, they seem to be answered... by god. Damn good read.

Now back on topic... others I would like to meet are Mary, Joseph and Jesuses deciples. Im not a religious guy or anything. I just would like to sit down and chat. It would be interesting I think.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Martin Luther King JR would be an amazing man to meet. That man was such an inspiration.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I would like to sit and chat with Tesla,there should be some great knowledge to be learned from him.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
It would have to be Hank The Angry Drunken Dwarf. upload.wikimedia.org... This guy used to be on the Stern Show back in the day. I used to listen when I was growing up. Unfortunately Hank had a bit of a drinking problem

[edit on 18-3-2008 by greydawn]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
*sighs*

Okay, out of curiosity i'm going for my late great-grandfather, who wrote erotic books for ladies of high fashion.

Just for fun.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
*sighs*

Okay, out of curiosity i'm going for my late great-grandfather, who wrote erotic books for ladies of high fashion.

Just for fun.

If this is true he sounds like a fun loving guy. I might want to meet him as well

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I would like to talk to two people, both of whom are from my own family. The first is my Great Grandfather on my fathers side, and the second is my Grandmother on my fathers side. They both came here to the U.S. directly from Ireland. My Great Grandfather in 1906, and my Grandmother in 1927. I would like to know what Ireland was like at the turn of the century and also what it was like during the two times early last century (1916 and the early 1920's) when the Irish people rose up against Great Britain in bids to regain it's independence. I would love hearing first hand evidence as to how it affected the Irish people who both lived in Ireland and those that had already left. I already have a pretty accurate history of my mothers side of the family, who came to the U.S. from France in 1876. This history of her side of the family goes back to the early 1700's. They lived in the Alsace-Lorraine region. They came to this country 5 years after Germany took the provinces from france at the end of their war of 1870-1871. They left after the Germans had confiscated the Hotels that they owned in the area.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wally Conley
I would like to talk to two people, both of whom are from my own family. The first is my Great Grandfather on my fathers side, and the second is my Grandmother on my fathers side. They both came here to the U.S. directly from Ireland. My Great Grandfather in 1906, and my Grandmother in 1927. I would like to know what Ireland was like at the turn of the century and also what it was like during the two times early last century (1916 and the early 1920's) when the Irish people rose up against Great Britain in bids to regain it's independence. I would love hearing first hand evidence as to how it affected the Irish people who both lived in Ireland and those that had already left. I already have a pretty accurate history of my mothers side of the family, who came to the U.S. from France in 1876. This history of her side of the family goes back to the early 1700's. They lived in the Alsace-Lorraine region. They came to this country 5 years after Germany took the provinces from france at the end of their war of 1870-1871. They left after the Germans had confiscated the Hotels that they owned in the area.

I like that. I would like to learn more about my dads side of the family. I know a little about my grandfather but not much. Anything beyond him I know even less. I know that my dads side of the family is dutch. My grandpa grew up in pennsylvania and was raised by his parents. I learned recently that my grandpa had a brother. They both served in the army during world war 2. My grandpa was a major and his brother a sergeant. It took me years to find out that much. I think I would like to talk to the members of my dads side of the family who came here from what used to be holland.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This is hard to narrow it down to just a few. Some of the obvious ones have already been mentioned. But here is my list of dinner party guests.

One person that I would like to talk to is Mark Twain. Always heard he was a good story teller. Speaking of good story tellers, Buck Owens would be good as I also like baselball.

Historically, Julius Caeser would be make for some interesting dinner conversation. Hopefully he doesn't have a seizure. That would not be good.
Oh, and Hannibal to ask him what happened at Cannae. Marco Polo would have some nice stories to tell of his trips abroad. And, hmm, Cleopatra so it won't be too much of a sausage-fest.

I would like to talk to William Shakespeare to find out if he really wrote those plays. I would like to talk to the architect of the Great Pyramid, whether that is Cheops or whoever. I'd invite Jacques de Molay just in case he felt like telling me what the Templars really knew.

I'd invite Chris Farley to provide some comic genius in the study when we retire for cigars. Myself and a few bottles of Chteau Mouton Rothschild Pauillac 1986 and that would make for a lively party.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Me, I would go back and tell me a thing or two!

Then I would get Tesla and Einstein together with Rockefeller and lie my ass off. When I was through with Rockefeller he would do whatever the other two suggested.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Jesus Christ

Melchizedek

Adam

Winston Churchill

and

Freddie Mercury

would any of them like to have a conversation with me?. That is the real question

[edit on 18-3-2008 by Camilo1]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Lee Harvey Oswald, so I can hear his side of the story.
The dude who REALLY shot Kennedy, so I can hear his side of the story.
Kennedy, maybe he knows who killed him...
Hitler, but I'd have to learn German...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join