It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prescription bifocal sunglasses too expensive, try this!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Those of us who need vision correction sometimes have a problem when outdoors on sunny days. Sunglasses are great, but how do you read the fine print? It's annoying to have to switch to your reading glasses.

If you're cycling or jogging, working outdoors, it's even more cumbersome to take an extra pair of glasses. You can wear contact lenses to deal for your myopia. But if you have astigmatism, you still may find the fine print blurry.

Well now we have a low cost alternative for prescription or bifocal sunglasses.
Optix 20 20 stick on lenses. (I've heard these have been on TV, but heard about them on my cycling forum).

I ordered mine mid-day on 3/13 (Thursday) and got them today. Only $13.99 (cheapest cost around town here was a pair for $30 from 3M company!

Work great. See my enhancement of their instructional graphic. (ymmv).

I thought the lenses would be a bit flimsy, but they're not so thin as to feel delicate.

For smaller glasses, or sunglasses, you may end up trimming them to fit but not take up the whole lens, but I'd suggest you fit them and wear them for a while before you trim too much. I think by increasing the angle of the placement (as shown in my extra graphic), you can get a good fit and placement without risking messing them up by trimming.

At any rate, an idea long overdue.

HTH.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Just wanted to note that these are not for everyone.

Look over the reviews and comments at Cabela's. 1/4 of the people hated them, but I think it could be because they didn't apply them correctly, maybe.

Cabela's Optix reviews

They've got some odd miscellaneour eyewear.

new topics

join