It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW2 Tanks outperform humvees. Russian Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Two World War II era tanks manufactured by Vyacheslav Veryovochkin, a village craftsman, have outperformed modern sport utility vehicles in off-road ability. The tracked vehicles, which are a carbon copy of real tanks, beat the hi-end cars on all counts in a snow race outside Novosibirsk.

en.rian.ru...

This is funny, enjoy!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I would always expect a tracked vehicle to outperform a wheel vehicle off road. The main advantage of the wheels supposedly is easier to maintain. If a tank looses a track that is more difficult to repair then changing a wheel IMO It doesn't really matter when a tracked vehicle is built it will do better in marshes and wetlands any day over any wheeled vehicle.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 17-3-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Russians and their love for armored fun, gotta love it.

Now they are building their own tanks, privately. I can’t wait until they’ll start making crafting their own neighborhood stealth bombers

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Yeah, the funny thing in this news clip is that these tanks are home made!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I guess that's why snowcats look like this

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Never seen like that before! WAU!!!

I want like that too... Very nice basic bottom to build own Mark III, or my favorite "look alike" from model Panther V...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
why is this even here? sports utility vehicles are about as good off road as a 99 year old granny with a walker, one plastic leg, and half a hip! and even if it was a good 4x4 a tracked vehicle wil always kick its ass! NUMPTY

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pro-genetic
and even if it was a good 4x4 a tracked vehicle wil always kick its ass! NUMPTY

Well tracked vehicles good...

Totally off road vehicles better

That would of won any race over rough ground.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
in other news, P51 Mustang flies better than a Cessna.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kaiheitain

Homemade P-51 Mustang beats Cessna, that would be news to me...

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
As an update, the guy who built these models is going to court because of 38t panzer model, with German army cross. I could understand if it was a swastika, but this? Why bureaucrats everywhere tend to overreact?
Link (in Russian):
news.mail.ru...

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This is an apples and oranges thing and very bogus.

Let the "tanks" compete with their modern equivalent, not cars. Not only would modern tanks run circles around these "faster than new cars on snow" tanks, but they would be destroyed by new and improved tank bullets before the old tanks even saw the new tanks.

As for the Russian ass clown getting in trouble for an Iron Cross on a tank. He should be happy he just got fined and not lynched. Their is considerable hatred towards Germany and her WW2 allies in some parts of the Motherland.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

History is history, and it should be free for all. After peace treaty the war is over, and past goes to past.

Just crazy.

Zionism rules are fascist rules, they dont accept open debates, and they deny the rights to learn about history. You dont have to be Jew to be Zionist.

Holocaust is in my sight largely overrated, and what I have study, the evidence from what really happened is based by eyewitness only, the hard evidence are with critic hands... I think this is just one piece of the growing propaganda puzzle.

I make 1/1 scale scenery and theatre from German U-boot in year 2000. Nobody even think about judgement like this, and I had sawastika in flags and pitures from Döniz and Hitler in the boat. All the signs and stuff.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by greysave
I would always expect a tracked vehicle to outperform a wheel vehicle off road. The main advantage of the wheels supposedly is easier to maintain. If a tank looses a track that is more difficult to repair then changing a wheel IMO It doesn't really matter when a tracked vehicle is built it will do better in marshes and wetlands any day over any wheeled vehicle.

Thats why finnish army use these babies

As it said in the video half of the suv's did not even get to the end. There is now way wheeled vehicle could drive longer distances in deepsnow.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Holocaust is in my sight largely overrated, and what I have study, the evidence from what really happened is based by eyewitness only, the hard evidence are with critic hands... I think this is just one piece of the growing propaganda puzzle. ...

The evidence is there and unmistakeably clear, eyewitnesses number in the thousands so their testimony is not to be discredited, the whole thing is proven beyond a doubt unless you´re only looking for the small holes in the story but refuse to see the gigantic wall of evidence.

It doesnt matter wether 2, 6 or 10 million people we murdered - beause WE did it all the same.

It doesnt matter wether Stalin and the communists were even worse - WE did it all the same.

It doesnt matter wether the Allies had their own share of murderers and criminals (which they did) - WE were the ones who killed all these millions of people, largely our OWN citizens.

Noone forced us to copy the british post-colonial racism. Noone forced us to copy the french overblown national consciousness. Noone forced us to copy the Russian disregad for human life. Germany was the leading scientific, philosophical and artistic nation in the world at that time, and what we did with all our possibilities instead of leading as a superpower by benevolence, was to throw it all into the wastebin and evolute downwards into the lowest possible scum.

Anyway, this is off topic and you may think what you want, but the truth is out there, plain to see.

top topics

join