It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 - Pumpkin Seed Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
In April of 1997 and friend and I saw what I think is called the "Pumpkin Seed" aircraft. We were traveling east on I-375 about 3 miles from the "black" mailbox. It was about 12 midnight or so. It seemed to fade in to an amber and white colored diamond shape which only lasted about 5 seconds. A few minutes later we started seeing amber balls of flame (spheres) which turned out to be flares on little parachutes floating down from the two jets (unknown type) that flew by. There were about 10 or so flares and we didn't really know what was going on.

Anyone else see this thing?

The closest thing I've seen is mentioned in the "Secrets of the Black World" video at about 1hr 48mins:

Google Video Link

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sounds a lot like parachute flare drills they do with helicopters out there.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Ever hear of TA-33?

I did.

Just wondering.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Probably not related, but thought i would mention it.
History Channel is playing some UFO show this past week, where they talk about a crashed ship that looks like an SR-71 engine pod that crashed in the woods. Actually, its said NOT to look like that engine, but I figured that might make you remember. It wound up, looking more like an acorn, the witness said.

I thought an acorn looks slightly like a pumpkin.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kthulu

They're talking about the seed from a pumpkin, not the pumpkin itself. I seen that show, the old white guy and the black guy ended saying that the russian space probe in the photo was the closest thing to what they saw in kecksburg that night.

The original story on this makes me feel that it was not the russian space probe.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by The Lizard King

Oh dear god, I guess that proves I should read the whole thing before posting, huh?
I thought it was a weird dynamic for a UFO....

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I've only seen illumination flares used with live bombing on the Nellis range. The closest live fire range is Rang 61, but they I've never seen illumination flares used there. Rather, they just shoot the place up with the AC130.

From the location you state, the next live fire range would be over Dog Bone Lake. However, that is so far away you would never see the parachute. Generally illumination flares are used with A10 bombing. This is where having a scanner comes in handy. A10s use a "hog" callsign. UFO tend not to talk on the radio.

The bottom line is there are all sorts of flares used over the range, so when you see an orb, think flare before UFO.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hi,

Here's a Map: Google Maps About 3 or 4 miles East of the Black Mailbox

We saw the "craft" when we were near the center of the above googlemap. We saw it for only 5 seconds or so. It seemed to fade in right in front of our eyes and stayed there for a couple of seconds. We stopped the car about 10 seconds after we realized what we saw. It was an amber colored (with a small amount of white edging) diamond shape. We both saw it and decided we should turn around but couldn't and drove down towards the curve located in the upper right hand corner of the googlemap.

When we got to the "375" marker on the googlemap closest to the curve we started to see amber colored orbs which were flares. About 10 or so flares slowly fell to the ground right along I-375 at the curve. At the time we didn't know they were flares and decided not to stop and kept driving - we then saw two Jets high in the sky above us. I am assuming they were what dropped the flares, but maybe it was the amber colored diamond shape thingy.

Just to be clear: There were about 2 or 3 minutes between the two very different events: 1) Saw an amber colored diamond shape and 2) Saw flares falling to the ground.

They dropped flares at this location - They were probably dropped to confuse us in to thinking what we originally saw was a flare too.

I think it was the Pumpkin Seed Craft

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by candlelight32

This is a common area to drop the kind of flare used to distract air to air or surface to air missiles. You haven't indicated if your sighting is behind Tikaboo or over the Tikaboo valley. If the large diamond is behind Tikaboo, it was probably two illumination flares in close proximity over Dog Bone Lake.

Think what you want, but flares over the range are very common. Over the years, I've collected about 10 flare ignitors, the part of the flare that doesn't burn up. You find them on the ground as you walk.
www.lazygranch.com...

I know the score. I can only expend so much energy convincing someone that what they saw was just normal Nellis Weapons School training. So I'll leave the thread now since this is becoming a waste of time.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Flares have nothing to do with what we saw! So can you stop with the flare fixation. Not everything out there are flares and no number of flares could create what we saw.

top topics

join