It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heaven can't exist! But hell can!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
sounds like a new drug to me.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Complete dissolution of the ego and all the individuality issues that humans have would allow for an afterlife where everybody is happy.

Maybe all our insecurities and negativity are tied to our brain, and they die with the brain.

......if the soul goes on. Or even if a soul exists, for that matter. But thats my opinion.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
ever ponder weather neither exist?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
ever ponder weather neither exist?

In fact, I would wager on that being the case. Its more likely that either
1. All 'souls', or whatever we think is such, go to the same 'place'.
or
2. There is no soul, you just expire. In the most absolute sense of the word.

Im leaning myself more toward number 2 there. And what would be so bad about that if it is true? Its hard to imagine 'nothing', which is why so many people get reeeealy pissed off and reject the idea, but its preferable to both heaven and hell, as far as Im concerned (well, at least the popular x-tian interpretations of it).

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
But, how do we know for sure that they exist, as far as I know no one who has gone to hell or heaven and returned.

Then how do we know about something that we have no idea about?

Everyone's guess is just as good as anyone's. We are just assuming.

My point is that heaven can't exist is that because you can't make everyone happy at the same time, no matter how hard you try. There is always some guy who is displeased about you.

But Hell can exist, because when we try to satsify everyone we end up satisfying no one.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Surfup: Heaven can't exist! But hell can!

Why? Because you can see the Heavens, but not the Unseen?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

first of all, you're assuming that that little statement is absolute truth. but, for the sake of the argument, let's say that it is truth. many times this really does happen anyways. but you're trying to apply something that happens here in life, to something after life. not only that, but you're assuming heaven behaves in an earthly manner. also, God is the creator of everything and extremely powerful, knowledgeable, and loving, so i think he could arrange heaven so everyone is happy. i think the fact that one is able to be close to God, is enough to satisfy them regardless of what their earthly pleasures were.

You are assuming too, aren't you. You are assuming that the little statement isn't true, but I believe it is and it is the reality.

You are also assuming that God exists, which he might not for all we know.

But wait, you can't call me on assuming about God and heaven, because you brought it up. You are saying that it's impossible to attain happiness for all, therefore heaven isn't possible. All I was saying is that, if we are talking about the the validity of heaven let's look at both sides. Heaven, or the "idea" of it is somewhere we move to after our life on earth, whether you believe it to be true or not. Well since we agree on the concept of heaven, I was simply pointing out that, because heaven, being the way it is, is not subject to any trend you notice here on earth. If a heaven DOES exist, that means that it is apart from earth and beyond it, so how can you base whether heaven exists or not on earthly logic?

Btw, I'm not assuming that God exists. Far from it. I know that he does, plain and simple. You may think that is an unrealistic claim. Well, try me, if you want. Ask me anything you want, or list any problem you see with the idea of God and I'll be happy to explain it to you. Just pop me a U2U

top topics

<< 1   >>

join