It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Teachers Told To Rewrite Iraq Invasion History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

British Teachers Told To Rewrite Iraq Invasion History

blacklistednews.com

Teachers will threaten to boycott military involvement in schools at the union's annual conference next weekend, claiming the lesson plan is a "propaganda" exercise and makes no mention of any civilian casualties as a result of the war.

They believe the instructions, designed for use during classroom discussions in general studies or personal, social and health education (PSE) lessons, are arguably an attempt to rewrite the history of the Iraq invasion just as the world prepares to mark its 5th
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
OK, wasn't sure where to put it: education/media or breaking news. I chose breaking news.

Anyway, this is clear propaganda. To think, if teacher aren't allowed to tell kids of civilian casualties, what might happen if they show ENDGAME of Loose Change to a class?

blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
unless they are going to tell them the real reason for the war and the lies the American government told i don't think it matters because your never going to get the whole truth.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I once told my history teacher that someone told me the winners or war write the history books. You know what he told me, your right? Who knows the truth to what we believe?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
I once told my history teacher that someone told me the winners or war write the history books. You know what he told me, your right? Who knows the truth to what we believe?

Well I figure when you read history books all you have to do is assume everytime a nation expanded its territory it did so through alot of bloodshed, and chances are the victor wasn't the 'good guy'. I caught on to that rather early in my public indoctrination when we learned about the redskins

[edit on 043131p://16u06 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Already posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
All this in Britain, a Country where if you appear in Court, you are obliged to swear an oath, that you will tell 'The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing But The Truth'
How times change,
Regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
All this in Britain, a Country where if you appear in Court, you are obliged to swear an oath, that you will tell 'The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing But The Truth'
How times change,
Regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Already posted by Budski. Please contribute to the ongoing thread.

Thank you.

Closed.

top topics

join