It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC etc...No ISSUES, just gossip, and the corporations are loving it!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

Alright. The subtext that I'm getting from you is that TV "could deliver the truth to the masses!" I, however, think that if one is too lazy to go out and get the truth for themselves, they sure as heck don't deserve to have it spoon-fed to them.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
What is it exactly about NEWS I mean any kind of News
whether it be good or bad - happy or sad it's almost like a fix....

What would we do without any news - ?
Why are we so attracted to news ? Is it because we want to feel like we are part of something ?

What would it be like if there wasn't any news ever - Nothing got reported what kind of a world would that be like ?

Something about just NEWS that i can't out my finger on - Is NEWS a control mecanisim(SP?)

Do we want it ? Do we need it ?
If we don't have news then what would you do with your life ??
How would we be as people ?
What would drive us ?

Little Test - See if you can go a whole week with no radio no newspapers no internet no TV no SOURCE if you like ......

ummmm...........food for thought !

Please dont confuse NEWS with communication or is it the same thing ?

To the poster - You 100% right - They pump out what they want you to know
Occasionally we get a little extra from people not playing ball with those in control......

This world is getting stranger the more aware I become.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

Fair enough, but I would argue that things are reaching a point where some "spoon feeding" might be needed. Anyway, we sometimes go on line to spoon feed ourselves what we want to read/watch, and are unwilling to expose ourselves to information that clashes with our beliefs (I'm not saying this applies to you, but making a general statement). So some of the same dangers exist

....but TV is a dead medium, so no use beating a dead propoganda horse.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Silenceisall]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

Agreed that it is a dead medium. At the same time...yes the internet does have a self-bias danger, but in a way I feel that those who do not seek out other points of view don't deserved a balanced outlook.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
reply to post by CyberTruth

Every attempt to engage my folks on the subject of the crass manipulation committed by the MSM is met with outright hostility and denial.

It is like some kind of drug or soma as another poster mentioned. I have a relative who literally sleeps with the Fox news channel on and he seriously derives some kind of comfort from it. That hostility I have encountered too when trying to expain the evils of TV is the same hostility you experiencing when you try to convince someone to quit smoking!

The older generations I guess are mostly set in their ways. Who's to tell them what is right or wrong when they have survived so long on what they have believed.

If we could get these older people on the internet more and less on the TV they might be able to start figuring out what's been going on. The problem is, even with my parents who do actually use computers really only use them for email and ebay. But i guess it just might take a little more time.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberTruth

Yeah, at least my folks have rejected Faux "News."

They're CNN, CBS, and PBS news junkies.

And unfortunately, they're internet-phobic.

They're quite satisfied to continue to take the blue pill.

Even when offered the red.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
update!!!! They are doing it again... Last night during Coast to Coast AM with George Norey the FOX radio news at the top of the hour had the lead story being a large percentage of the time from the entire news cast devoted to sound bites of that religious guy they (the cons) are trying to connect with Obama...talk about propping up the dead horse! Wow, all gossip and no news...then to top it off, they end the news cast with a report from the UK about how the new generation is not socially polite like the older ones were and that many in GB are blaiming 60's liberalism for it. Anyway, my point was, it was all fabricated, and gossip and outdated filler garbage...not one morsel of news, except for a 7 second sound bite from Virgina where the tornadoes hit, but even that wasn't the lead story, but it should have been.

OMG...If I worked for FOX I swear, I couldn't show my face in public in the daytime...the sad part is, I don't think they are ashamed at all...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join