It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC etc...No ISSUES, just gossip, and the corporations are loving it!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This past week the mainstream media outlets have been tripping over one another to in leu of the issues, report the "he said, she said" such as this week: what someone working in the Hillary campaign said about Obama's religion, then it was reporting Hillary's reply, then it was reporting what those who did the reporting felt about what they reported, then it was the quote from Geraldean that she says was grossly taken out of context, and then the reply from Obama, followed by reporting later her stepping down, and then reporting what reporters had to say about what they reported, now it's the paster at the church and something he said and of course this followed up by sound bites of Obama commenting on it, followed by commentators commenting on his commentary...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!! With all of this back and forth garbage there is no time left to talk about where the candidates stand on basic and very important issues that effect us the PEOPLE!!! There is a conspiracy here...read on:

Does the media ever report when the candidates talk about the ISSUES? By issues I mean, (and if you have been fortuante enough to hear either HIllary, or Barack give a speach, or both of them you know that mostly all they talk about is the issues) the 50,000,000 who don't have health care and another 50 or so million who are underinsured and what the nation is going to do about it....the economy...Bush's phony war/ the occupation...the drug traid in Afganistan (hush hush guess who runs the drugs?)...child hunger...energy policy...and on and on....

The candidates talk about these issues every day, but watching FOX, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc...etc..etc.. you wouldn't know it. It is intentionally left out...It is by far the worst thing a television news program can do just behind showing nudity or using profanity...god forbid they should ever talk about the issues! It's as though the FCC is ready to levy a multi million dollar fine to the first news outlet that should dare venture to cover one of the candidates talking about policy and frankly more and more of us Americans are finding this obsurd and gross neglegence on behalf of the national media.

With a recent research report showing that almost half of all Americans report finding their news online and at alternative sources (and tuning out of TV news in droves), one can't help but arrive at the conclusion that people are wising up to this obvious bought and paid for information stream otherwises known as "propaganda"...although this form of propaganda has Carl Rove play book written all over it, and the strategy is "keep Americans distracted"...and this means the bought and paid for Main stream corporata American media is reporting anything and everything other than the issues that effect us all!

Are you sick with this crap from the so called television news? I sure as hell am! This is not what America is supposed to be about. How can Americans make an honest and informed decision at the poles, if the media is filtering out the informations bits that really matter, and providing us with gossip instead to keep us distracted so we might forget about it for another year or so...meanwhile the big interests such as big insurance, big pharma, the medical establishment, the military industrial complex, and all the fat corporate piglets sucking up to the big sow can continue to drink and get fater, while all of us get the shaft. Look at the oil industry last year for example...uh huh, record profits...look at military contracts and profits at outfits like Halliburtan and Blackwater...look at big pharma and insuranc profits...then look at who owns the media outlets, and finally who does the bulk of the advertising on those channels...one of the networks (I'll leave it up to you to determine what one) has made an art form out of distracting us and running the party line...it's enough to make your head spin!!!

Don't stand for it. If you have time write letters, call, or at the very least email some of these media outlets and tell them how disgusted we are at what they are attempting to pass off to us as news. Tell them we want the issues covered, and that if we want gossip we will pick up a copy of the Globe, the Enquirer, or watch ET...

I would have put this in politics, but I honestly do believe it is a conspiracy of big corporations and the mainstream news outlets in the United States.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I completely agree with you on this. Although I do watch MSM news on the net on daily basis they seem to be covering more and more issues that shoudn't be news in the first place. And the real news don't seem to get covered. Or perhaps it has always been that way and I just started to notice..

I think that people who only watch MSM news many times seem to be living in completely different kind of world than I.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
You, yes YOU!! drop the remote and step away from the tv!!

Here's the deal; it's perfectly legal to lie and distort the facts and present this steaming offal as "news!"

Thursday, April 03, 2003 6:59 AM
Subject: FLORIDA COURT RULING SAYS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE

On February 14, a Florida Appeals Court ruled that there is absolutely nothing illegal in a major media organisation lying, concealing or distorting information. The court reversed the US$425,000 jury verdict of 2000 that was in favour of journalist Jane Akre, who charged she was pressured by Fox Television management and lawyers to air what she knew and documented to be false information.
Source | netfeed.com | TV network LIES to public FOX news's Rupert Murdoch

Educate yourselves to how the MSM operates:

Lies come in many forms. Partial truths, selective facts, out of context quotes and information, partial historical perspective and out right misrepresentation of facts. It is easy to manipulate the public. If you become aware of the methods of deception you are better prepared to sift through the propaganda for the few facts that are actually made available by our broadcast our news media. Learn their tricks, stay on your toes and become a better informed (responsible) citizen.
Source | TV NewsLies

More:

From Press Corps to Press Corpse

Unplug the tv box and walk away, just walk away...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hubahuba

Oh, totally. To even begin to scratch the surface of what is really happening around the world one has to (if it's on the tee vee) watch BBC world report, McNeal News hour...and for radio try and fit in BBC, NPR News, Pacifica, Media Watch dog programs, and as far as talk: Air America besides the other 2/3rds or better right wing talk shows. Then one has to go online and read from a card deck of alternative and international sources, and as far as print, subscribe, or pick up copies of as many alternative sources as possible. Even then, there is still a lot of control in terms of various political hot beds (such as Iraq) trying to supress the information being picked up and reported by journalists (I don't have the source right here in front of me, but I've read more journalists have been killed and injured in Iraq trying to do their jobs than any other war at any other time in history...that's alarming and suggests a conspiracy of sorts to supress information, and we aught to all be very upset with this).

Even by doing all the above homework on a regular basis, one can only get close to the truth, but with all the mis and dis information and "lack-of-information" it's still crap shoot. The TV networks in the United States are absolutely the worst, however, and few people (who are not left in a hypnotic stuper by the tv itself, and who are informed on this subject) these days I think can debate this.

Perhaps we could use this thread to post examples on here of how the MSM is purposely throwing us off the trail on a daily basis...post your examples.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I suppose you kids are just growing up and finding out that TV is ENTERTAINMENT?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Turn off your TV and do something constructive. Better yet go outside take a walk in the park. If you want real news check out the internet. I have quit watching TV all together.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Ree
I suppose you kids are just growing up and finding out that TV is ENTERTAINMENT?

No,, actually,, were past where you are,, we don't even think it's entertaining. Anymore,, I am kind of like,, TV is just s habit to check and see if I have awakened from a bad dream. Like I think everything is going to go back to the way it was. But it's the other way around,, what happens is I wake from sleeping and rush to the TV because I saw that Breaking Special Emergency News Bulletin. I seen Bush being taken out of the oval Office in Handcuffs, as Cheney is about to be sworn in,, that gets interrupted on Live TV also and he too gets arrested and we find Condy Rice was a mole for Colin Powel who had it in for Bush ever since he tossed his resignation on Bush desk, saying "this # with going into Iraq is asinine, you guys are "F' ing" crazy.

Then I realize, it was just a dream and I sigh while watching the up-coming hi lights of the evening news, Gas up 6 cents, stocks dropped again on wall street, un-employment is up.

The Iraq military veteran’s suicide rate is now over that of those killed in action. The dollar is dropping, the housing market is dead but Shaquille O’Neil is getting in synch with the Suns players and Brittany Spears gives us one last pixilated crotch shot of her sugar walls getting out of her car.

I shut off the TV and sigh again muttering "well,, might as well see who is mackin on my post at ATS.

Then we wonder why their is so much drama going on here. If people can't get news and or entertainment,. we will make our own.

Anyone up for a game of Truthy Debunky or

Athey Christy?

- Con

[edit on 15-3-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Here is a great vid that documents how TV networks spin reality to make a new one. Scary stuff. Though it's old it opened my eyes. A must see.

SPIN

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There must be a way to break thru the NWO Media,...
Maybe the Internet is the key...

That is, before they take it that away and replace it with Internet 2...

But then of course, there will be the underground internet...which will become the REAL internet...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

Excellent post skyshow!!!

If I could give you more stars I would.

You presented this very well.
And for that reason I felt the need to summit your thread on Digg. I hope that is ok with you.

I hope I summited it in a section on Digg where it will get exposure. I summited it in the "US Elections 2008" sub-section under "World & Business". I thought about submitting to the "Celebrity" sub-section under "Entertainment" because maybe, just maybe, that might wake some people up. But I thought that it might just get moved anyway, hope I did not screw that up.

We need more threads likes this, in fact, after this one dies I will create one. We need to make sure to post good examples like "skyshow" did on this thread and we need really step it up in bringing the awareness level up on this issue. Remember that there are a lot of new members here on ATS that don't fully understand all of this yet. Lets educate them properly.

Again, good thread skyshow, good thread.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
As far as the MSM, I think a big issue is that news in on 24/7.
They HAVE played or replayed all of the candidates major issues in which they do talk about the issues. They have shown the debates, etc. The problem is they've been doing this since last year and now it's just being repetitive.
If a candidate has a new issue, I'm sure they'll discuss it for an hour or so.....then what? You still have 22-23 hours to fill. True they usually fill it with crap and true there are issues out there they aren't covering, but is that issue going to hold the general publics attention for more than 30 min.?
Our nonchalant attitude about other issues aren't good for ratings.

And I'm sure can also find a ton of info on ANY other issues elsewhere, is there really an issue if MSM doesn't cover it?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I wonder what percentage of people actually get their news from the internet?

I wonder who compares the Internet news against the MSM?

I wonder what percentage, only get their news from TV but don't bother with news on the net?

How many don't pay any attention to the news at all, but may be exposed to it flipping channels or from a TV that's left on?

How many of those people are active voters?

Methinks the answer is in what I wrote above, plenty of misinformed status-Quo voters out there.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

Originally posted by Mr. Ree

No,, actually,, were past where you are,, we don't even think it's entertaining. Anymore,, I am kind of like,, TV is just s habit to check and see if I have awakened from a bad dream.
[edit on 15-3-2008 by Conspiriology]

I haven't watched any form of broadcasting in almost 8 years - no cable, no antenna - and only have one TV in my house. I still watch the occasional DVD though, and catch a "show" at the airport every so often.

To me, it still sounds like you are disillusioned with the purpose of television programming, and you seem to share the typical doom and gloom attitude that most people on this site have. It's rather sad, really.

we don't even think it's entertaining

I do, on the odd chance that I see it. It's pretty close to slapstick comedy.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!!!!

MUST watch this if you've never seen the movie Network. If this speech doesn't get you fired up against tv and the news I don't know what will.

"And when the 12th largest company in the world controls the most awesome g.d. propaganda force in the whole godless world, who knows what [Snip] will be peddled for truth on this network?"

"All I know is, you've got to get mad. You've got to say, "I'm a human being, g.d. it. My life has value.""

[edit on 15-3-2008 by Parabol]

Mod Edit: Please see Terms And Conditions Of Use 1b.) Profanity. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 16/3/08 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This is absolutely 100% true and you can quote me on it.

I've heard many say that Barack Obama doesn't have a plan for anything, that he's just going to show up and make it up as he goes along..Which is crap fed by the media, Barack, Hillary, and even McCain(As stupid as his plan is) all have plans. In detail. And you can go see them online, but if you watch the news media, it's as if it never happened, as if those plans were never hashed out at all. And that screams of conspiracy to me.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rizla

thanks for the vid. Star for u

-ChriS

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Televisions networks are crap... I have not seen a Tv program since last year.. every time I see someone watching one.. I feel pity for that loss soul.. It steals your life.. it tells you what to think, what to wear, what to feel.. its crap! if things keep going the way they are with the so called "news networks" they wont have any viewers left in the next 10 years... i am sick of it! Lets start a boycott campaign for the networks!!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

Corporate Media Is
Corporate America
BIG MEDIA INTERLOCKS WITH CORPORATE AMERICA
AND BROADCAST NEWS MEDIA OWNERSHIP EMPIRES

What do you expect from the media that is owned and manipulated by corporate American the same corporate American that owns our government.

If you know who owns who then you will be able to understand why we get what we see on TV

The Project Censored team researched the board members of 10 major media organizations from newspaper to television to radio. Of these ten organizations, we found there are 118 people who sit on 288 different American and international corporate boards proving a close on-going interlock between big media and corporate America. We found media directors who also were former Senators or Representatives in the House such as Sam Nunn (Disney) and William Cohen (Viacom). Board members served at the FCC such as William Kennard (New York Times) and Dennis FitzSimmons (Tribune Company) showing revolving door relationships with big media andU.S. government officials.

Intersting read, Scroll down and you will see who owns what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.projectcensored.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I think Goosedawg summed it best. Turn of the idiot box and walk away.

What you are so frustrated about is nothing new. The "news" has been doing this for a long long time. Most of us call it "sensationalism". It brings in ratings, brings in money for the networks, and it keeps the masses focused on nonsense rather than real issues that matter. Why do you think you hear more about who Brittney Spears is sleeping with this week than Mexican Truckers coming over the boarder? Why do you hear more about Lindsey Lohan's latest binge drinking episode but not about Mexican Military helping drug smugglers get dope over the boarder and attacking Boarder Patrol Agents? In the USA the "news" is not news, it is propaganda. The "news" does not report facts, they report opinion and tell you what to think. Congrats, your eyes are now open. Use them wisely.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
i agree i guess with everything but this "....It is by far the worst thing a television news program can do just behind showing nudity or using profanity..."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join