It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Pregnancy 'Greatest Threat To Mankind'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Teen Pregnancy 'Greatest Threat To Mankind'

www.news.com.au

UNWANTED teenage pregnancies following bouts of binge drinking are contributing to the world's unsustainable population growth, a World Health Organisation academic says.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
And here it is the first in a long time post of y people should use condoms more. relax yourselfs lil kids i see this happening around australia alot specialy in my area there is girls @ the age of 15 having a kid and a family she hasent even left her family and she has her own?. wierd but tru its kind of tru how he says its getting over populated it is and it needs to relax it self.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

As pressure mounts on the Rudd Government to find billions of dollars in savings in the May Budget, economists have called for a review of the current "mishmash" of family payments - two different Family Tax Benefits, two types of childcare payment and the Baby Bonus - to ensure the $17 billion a year serves a more coherent policy purpose.

Source

Worthwhile ... Ann Pearson, with her seven-week-old Aidan, says the baby bonus gives her more time with her new son.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm of two minds on this.

One is that if teenage girls had not been having children over the past thousands of years there would be no humans on the planet to argue this point.

That said though, in our modern world it's no longer necessary to breed at such a young age for the survival of our species.

I've seen some very young mothers that are fantastic and I have no problem with them having children, and I've seen old crack whores with children that should never even be near a baby.
So who decides ???

Darwinism will sort it out in the end.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
AD is in total agreement with ad. Absolutely.
that being said..
I myself had my son 11 days before I turned 16. Before I got pregnant, I was into drinking, drugs, breaking the law and causing all kinds of havoc for myself and my mom. I was on a one way road to jail or worse. The day I found out I was expecting, I quit smoking, drugs and drinking. ( I drink occasionally now).
Eventually I stopped hanging out with those who were no good for me.
Me winding up in jail would have been a bigger strain on any system and my child would have ended up in foster care, another burden. My son saved my life. Literally.
As for a strain on the food and water supplies, perhaps it should be noted how much grain and water goes to livestock to put on our dinner table. If that were diverted directly to us there may not be a hunger problem.
just my 2 pennies.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

I just rekon if u have a kid u should have to be approved i know its a way of control if u do but what happens wene thay cant take care of the kid it becomes bad and turns to crime so maybe thay should be approved if the pearent is able to care for it thay can have it and how much the pearents make also.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Nice to hear u have changed for the good and the sake of the baby. I know alot of people who get worst wene thay have a kid.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaadAdam

Nice to hear u have changed for the good and the sake of the baby. I know alot of people who get worst wene thay have a kid.

I agree. For the record..my son is now 21.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Nice for a second there i thought u were around 20 yourself but then u said your son is 21 i am 21 also he was born same time as me then nice one
get him on ATS also

Peace Out

SaadAdam

top topics

join