It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HEMP are we not allowed to talk about it here??

page: 2

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
My concern about Hemp being spoken about too much on here or even becoming mainstream (as some people would like) is that it's a way of getting us desensitised.

If everyone is wearing hemp, using hemp skincare products, you name it then it's not a big step to move over to marajuana, at least not in terms of image. If suddenly the green leaf image is seen as cool and mainstream, the drug itself becomes cool and carries a potential to become mainstream.

I know that the drug use being legal or whatever is a debate unto itself, but I don't think hemp should be a common discussion topic personally. It's ties with the illegal substance are far too sinister.

[edit on 14/3/08 by Duality]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

Which would result in a very large headache and nothing else. The same research that proved it had a miniscule amount of THC also proved it wasn't viable.

Hemp will also grow with practically no water, which is why the reservation in South Dakota was trying to grow hemp. They used it as food for their buffalo (amongst many other uses) and kept 9 members of the tribe working full time in cultivation. It could have restored their economy and dignity, instead it brought men with guns to terrify the children and video tape their "discovery" of the plants that had already been reported as growing. Plants that were in no way threatening the health or security of anyone. The next crop was court ordered to remain in the field.I'm not sure if any other crop has ever had a restraining order slapped on it. It could grow, but could not be harvested. The supreme court decided against the tribe in 2007. They remain on government welfare.

To ignore the benefits of a crop that has proven so useful is a shame. I predict the ban on growing hemp will be lifted eventually....but only when a corporate entity gets a patent on it and can limit the common man from growing.

Frontline did a show on PBS covering the case. I don't remember the name, but it might be available on the website. It seems criminal that something so valuable (fodder, feul, clothing) is held hostage by illogical laws with a bias toward the corporatacracy.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
may i be so bold as to say this is some kind of conspiracy??? Or is it some kind of glitch?? anyone know??????????

Unfortuanlly ATS has addopted, through assumed nessacary, of "by the book".

Being that several of the uses of use a wonderful plant are criminalized by the religious right, govenmental overcontrol, and other maipulative factors, the topic of such a wonderful substance is taboo to say the least.

It's ATS's Policy to not in any way seem to suport anything that could be bad for business.

And in the curent geopolitical climate of the world if not the USA it's best to be safe as such.

They are trying to keep clean in ways to be assumed safe and serious.

Although I feel I understand and unwillingly in suport of their position on such matters, I do feel it is tragic nonetheless.

I myself have had to personally stop all use of such criminalized plant matter because it's EVERY CITIZENS responcability to follow the rule of the land through their governmental system of Judgements.

My friend, we live in a world that isn't fair. People are alowed to cloud their judgement and impair their conscious perceptive abilities through manipulated grains and such in bars and stores around the countryside. However if one should want to walk through an easy access door to accention from within they need to be criminalized and peanilized. It's just not fair.

However in suport of my governmentships rulings, people like myself make up a hair on the population pie of society, unfortunally responcability through self control isn't something that can be taught exteranlly, it is something each must seek from within, and we live in a nation of more cheese and less effort populius majoriy.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
moreover with a tear in my eye I await the day through dreaming that I can freely and openly express my love for the mysticky scrolled up plant through which I've never done no harm to anyone or anything unless you count boxes of twinkies.

I've personally been told that you do not require such substances to achieve conscious states of mind, and although that is true, I'd still perfer to sit infront of a fire for 3 minutes then chant and hum for 30 minutes. It's very much like having to walk 5 miles to a store rather then getting a ride to the door.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Duality

Kind of like the desensitization of the public to talking about ED?
Maybe we need to be desensitized. Hemp IS cool, it could be the answer to a lot of problems we are facing as a nation, not to mention the world. Hemp fibers are strong, hemp oil is...uh...oil! And it's a sustainable resource! It grows thickly and quickly and with almost no water. Its a resource that we are overlooking because opf the very prejudice you are exhibiting. The plant looks nothing like a 'viable' plant, any good DEA agent knows the difference.

I understand why the US doesnt want people to use hemp (and apparently we shouldn't even discuss it in polite society). We wouldn't have to run back to WalMart every 3 months for clothes and shoes, we wouldn't be dependednt on petroleum products, we wouldn't be paying for crap, just to buy it again. People don't necessarily have a pro-drug agenda because they support industrial hemp. I don't anyway.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by themillersdaughter
reply to post by Duality

People don't necessarily have a pro-drug agenda because they support industrial hemp.

No people have a "pro-drug" agenda every time they stop at starbucks, or take an asperin, or have a glass of wine, or if they drink herbal teas, or if the..........

I think my point is been made.

"Drugs" stipulation of criminal, is a orginazed misconceptive natured propergandic term.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I think it is fact that, one of the biggest, most obvious and factual conspiracies on a grand scale is anything that involves or relates to Marijuana. Also the fact that it is still being shunned upon paints pictures to how the sheer mass of our civilization is blissfully ignorant, and heavily deducts our capacity to remain aware and open minded.

Thank you all for refreshing my faith in Humanity.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Originally posted by themillersdaughter
reply to post by Duality

People don't necessarily have a pro-drug agenda because they support industrial hemp.

No people have a "pro-drug" agenda every time they stop at starbucks, or take an asperin, or have a glass of wine, or if they drink herbal teas, or if the..........

I think my point is been made.

"Drugs" stipulation of criminal, is a orginazed misconceptive natured propergandic term.

Wine excluded, I don't think these are on the same level as marajuana use.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Make the most you can of the hemp seed & sow it everywhere.

George Washington

Maybe that's why the PTB are trashing our Constitution; it was drafted on hemp paper.

No, the prohibition of hemp is just another piece of the big plan, in the works since the creation of the Federal Reserve in 1913, to yoke mankind to the whims of the elite's NWO and enslave us all.

Edit to add:

Please keep in mind, this is a discussion about the conspiracy against hemp, not a thread to discuss the related plant demonized by the political influence of the timber and petroleum industries in 1937.

One imagines the spiders take note of the "M" word, please avoid using it to keep this thread amongst us common folk and out of the RATS forum.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Obviously we are not allowed to talk about products of NATURE.

Whom made NATURE against the law??

Or talk about Terrence McKenna Books/talks? Also not allowed?

The biggest conspiracy of all time is the WAR ON DRUGS and the Pharmaceutical industry behind it. We should be able to discuss it i believe.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by abovetech]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
heh, OP you are preaching to the choir for the most part.

I love the policy around here, its kinda like "if there is even a remote chance someone may mention an illicit drug, move the post to RATS before it even gets that far!"

It's like minority report for posts, lol.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
And its rather ironic that this site treats the HEMP issue like the mainstream media treats it. LIKE A DRUG. And its not.

This site obviously has the same ridiculous bias against it that the mainstream media has, and its ALL based on IGNORANCE AND MISCONCEPTION.

You are right.
Hemp is not a drug, it's a plant... The problem I see is that most people are complete ignoramuses and they will stick by whatever bias they have no matter how much proof there is that proves them wrong.
You would think there would be more open minded people on a site like this but there isn't, there are just people that believe whatever the mainstream media say and people that believe whatever alternative sources say.
Unfortunately alternative and mainstream sources are pretty much agreed with their opinion on hemp.
The only people who know different are people that actually do research for themselves.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by altrock]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by abovetech
The biggest conspiracy of all time is the WAR ON DRUGS and the Pharmaceutical industry behind it. We should be able to discuss it i believe.

Agreed!

It is among the biggest corporate-backed conspiracies of all time.

But the PTB here on ATS are very sensitive to having access to this site restricted by services which are out of their control.

Only by tempering our examination of this topic by avoiding certain key words and concepts can we hope to discuss this here.

Otherwise, this thread will be bumped to RATS or deleted altogether.

I don't like it anymore than you do.

Actually I think it sucks, but it's been explained many times by SO and Springer.

In fact, I fully anticipate being unable to participate in this discussion when I return later for one of the reasons I mentioned above.

But it was fun while it lasted.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
It is my understanding, correct me if I am wrong, that it is NOT this site, but the filters in the search engines that have caused ATS to restrict conversations in regards to these issues.

It is because when certain "Key Words" are discovered on a site, Google and other search engines "Flag" the site for "Adult Content" and thereby restrict searches to that site to "Adults" only. I don't believe ATS has any control over which "Key Words" the search engines flag either.

Many, MANY of our old time members and new members and potential members are under the age of 18. Is it fair to limit the growth of ATS because we all want to talk about one issue that we are free to talk about on any number of OTHER sites?

ATS is a FAMILY oriented forum board as has been explained MANY MANY times and allowing such discussions that eventually cause Adult Restrictions on searches for ATS material, is not FAIR to more of a majority that those that WANT to discuss such things.

Now stop me if I am wrong, but it seems simple to me.

Semper

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

...its products not only compete with petroleum, but with coal, natural gas, nuclear energy, pharmaceutical, timber and textile companies. It is estimated that methane and methanol production alone from hemp grown as bio-mass could replace 90% of the world's energy needs. If they're right, this is not good news for oil interests, and could account for the continuation of marijuana prohibition." Hugh Downs, (US) ABC Radio Network journalist.

That's quite a team of lobbyists with top level access, hmm?

[edit on 14-3-2008 by undermind]

[edit on 14-3-2008 by undermind]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Its funny i put a picture of a weed leaf as my avatar and they probally took it off my page on ATS

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ohhhh well

Yet in their kindness, that allowed you an avatar that FAR exceeds the Max size limits...

So see? They are very nice people indeed...

Semper

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
the filters in the search engines that have caused ATS to restrict conversations in regards to these issues.

correct, and it's reasonable, but it's also a shame that ATS feels like they need to get on their knees for the same exact filters that people seem to complain about and call conspiracies on this very board! People are outraged if even the smallest police abuse video isn't given enough coverage. Why do you think all the suppressed stories don't see the light of day? The companies are afraid to be cut-off from their sponsors. It's the same here. If ATS allows discussion of off-limit topics, they may get placed on certain filters, lose traffic - and therefore lose money in advertisement impressions, along with the "real estate" value of ATS going down. Again, you could really just make another domain for all banned topics and avoid the problem altogether, but whatever, that's why I go to other sites for serious discussion on such things.

ATS is a FAMILY oriented forum board as has been explained MANY MANY times

I happen to believe this is a cop-out. The real reason would have more to do with losing traffic due to the filters. Even if it's true the intent is for ATS to be "family oriented," I think that's such a foreign concept - it's really hard for me to identify with. How do you make a discussion about Nazi experiments "family oriented," without leaving out, or changing (aka softening) 80% of it? What about the Abu Gharib torture pics, and the Nick Berg execution video?

Seriously, in the words of Jesus Christ, "Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining."

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Nice to see so much support for Hemp!
Good stuff, Im glad people are actually going past the propaganda.

Peace

dAlen

p.s. - you got your wish O.P.
So far this thread has not been moved.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duality
I know that the drug use being legal or whatever is a debate unto itself, but I don't think hemp should be a common discussion topic personally. It's ties with the illegal substance are far too sinister.

I find this extremely ignorant. Do you realize how many other drugs get the pass? Most painkillers come from, or are chemically fashioned after opium - the same source for heroin, morphine, etc. Poppyseed bagels come from the same plant, in fact eating a single bagel can potentially fail you for a drug test.

The fact that some people want to stop discussion of a LEGAL topic, because it tiptoes too close to an illegal one, is the absolute apex of both hypocrisy and ignorance. Nothing personal, this is based on a statement (the quote above), and not a person.

And back on to the topic, somewhat - I found this link when searching google for "opium poppyseed bagel drug test"

eco-chick.com...

If you dont associate your poppyseed bagel with opium, then why is it still against the law to grow industrial hemp in the United States?

link on flickr: www.flickr.com...@N00/231358275/

[edit on 14-3-2008 by scientist]

top topics

join