It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government's Your Daddy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I was just wondering how many of you out there actually feel safer knowing Bush's administration is out there "protecting" you from the ter'rists.

I for one don't look to the state to protect me. If anything, I feel much less secure knowing these clowns are running the show.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I was just wondering how many of you out there actually feel safer knowing Bush's administration is out there "protecting" you from the ter'rists.

I for one don't look to the state to protect me. If anything, I feel much less secure knowing these clowns are running the show.
Ever since America voted Bush to office, the show has been, "terrorist this" and "terrorist that".

And now those slot machines America is going to use to vote is just like gambling, and we know who's going to win!

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The U.S. needs independent observers. That'll never happen, tho.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Pffft.

Bush isn't protecting us from any terrorists.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
hes protecting us from terrorists as well as a condom...you may not have a baby but you can still get AIDS

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The Government's Your Daddy

Anyone heard of patricide ?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
well, let's ask how the government can protect us? For instance, does Kerry's voting record on defense and intelligence protect us, or hurt us? Why anyone counts on the government for anything, from protection to economic stability, is beyond me. One thing is for sure, for all the money they take from us in taxes, we get a crappy ROI

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I don't feel safe at all knowing that the Bush admin. (PNAC) is controlling us right now. With them in power, it seems like we head towards our very own 1984 with every anti-terrorist act they pass (the PATRIOT ACT for example). Passing that law is going against what a government was made to do - protect our unalienable rights (life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness). The best way to fight terrorism is to fight it with democracy, which is exactly what the Bush admin. is NOT doing.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slayer
I don't feel safe at all knowing that the Bush admin. (PNAC) is controlling us right now. With them in power, it seems like we head towards our very own 1984 with every anti-terrorist act they pass (the PATRIOT ACT for example). Passing that law is going against what a government was made to do - protect our unalienable rights (life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness). The best way to fight terrorism is to fight it with democracy, which is exactly what the Bush admin. is NOT doing.

I concur, the Patriot Act, when passed, and Patriot II *which i hope doesn't come to vote* both gave me that warm, fuzzy, Big Brother Loves You feeling. I'm still waiting for the thought police to show up because of my vast and expansive knowledge of conspiracies and pyrotechnics.

Personally, I don't feel any safer with Bush and Co running around screaming anti-terrorist this and that all over the #ing world. I did feel safer before my entire personal life became the government's playground, but hey, I guess it's cool for them to know where I shop, what day I get paid on, what websites I go to, the interest rate of my car loan, etc.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I am conservative and I do NOT feel safer. Actually, I feel ripped off.

We comprimise our rights for the idea of safety, yet we do nothing to hamper people from coming to this country illegally.

We have extremely annoying flying rules, when just anyone can just waltz over the border when they please.

Makes no sense.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
My "Daddy" screws me better than Bush ever will! Bush can't even get it up, politically speaking. However, he's certainly started the fall of civilization. I think that he's reaked havok but if the masons really wanted to dig their heels in they'd be more discreate. At least most germans were behind hitler (most followed blindly). We know Bush is full of it. Bush is going to crash and burn. I believe whoever replaces him, kerry or edwards, is going to have assasination attempts against them. I hope for a kerry/edwards ticket just to secure the office. Terrorists love Bush, he just fuels the fire for them.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Save us Daddy War-Bucks!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaoszero

Originally posted by Slayer

I concur, the Patriot Act, when passed, and Patriot II *which i hope doesn't come to vote* both gave me that warm, fuzzy, Big Brother Loves You feeling. I'm still waiting for the thought police to show up because of my vast and expansive knowledge of conspiracies and pyrotechnics.

Personally, I don't feel any safer with Bush and Co running around screaming anti-terrorist this and that all over the #ing world. I did feel safer before my entire personal life became the government's playground, but hey, I guess it's cool for them to know where I shop, what day I get paid on, what websites I go to, the interest rate of my car loan, etc.

Letting them control your right to privacy is the first step for the government to turn our country into a police state. If we can give up our right to privacy so easily, then once they try and take away another right in the name of fighting terrorism, then it will be all down hill from there. It'll just get easier and easier for them to take away our rights, and when we try to stop it, we won't have the power to do so because we'll already have given away our unalienable rights and we'll be left powerless.

top topics

join