It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Soul's relationship to the body

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
See, the whole problem that I have with all this NDE stuff is that it is just that; 'Near Death'.
You can't tell me that one can be completely dead and still come back to life.
You can't tell me that a person that came back to life was completely brain dead. They were never dead!
The brain is still doing stuff, NDE stuff, I'd like to know what is going on when the body enters the point of no resuscitation, unfortunately the dead person can't tell us anything about what transpired when the lights were dimmed completely.
Unless of course they told us in the form of a ghost, or residual energies.
But, has a ghost ever described in detail to the living what the dying was like?
That's what I would like to ask a ghost:
What was dying like, what is your 'life' like now?
Are the physical burdens of reality lifted from your soul?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by brickhouse32
God designed a process whereas the soul would never be lost no matter what happened to the body.

Where did you get this from? I don't recall reading anything like this, but I am quite interested.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Read the many articles on the web about NDE's. They are pronounced dead (heart stopping - no blood to brain - hence brain-dead) so I would suggest more study into the process of NDE's.

Thanks,

I_R

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Um, I think you don't understand what I am saying here.
There is a point of no return, where you cannot be revived, is that the point where a person is deader than dead?
No, if you can be revived you were never truly dead, think about that.

When you pass that point of no return, that is truly death.

I am not saying that I don't believe, believe me I want to believe.

It just that, what is it in the body that determines the threshold of no return? Is it like the last ember of a cigarette ash when it goes out, the last electrical firing in the synapses of the brain, is a campfire dead if it still smokes?

I've read lots on NDE's, lots from the skeptics, lots from the believers.

I believe dead is dead, nothing, no revival of consciousness.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

I don't think it is up to us here in the mortal realm of man to decide when our time ends. When you depart, the gate keeper may ask, do you wish to stay, or it may tell you, it is not your time, where by you return with a story. If you remain termed, the gate keeper may ask if you want a pass back. Be quick with a no, for if you had enough of here and want out, waste no time in answering. Other wise you fall back into the mortal realm of man for another go at life.

Look at people who are mangled to hamburger returning and going on with life. Than look at those who die with no death causing reason.

People have placed guns to there head and fired only to survive, people have tripped over there own feet and died. We are under a strict intelligence that decides our departure fate here in the mortal realm of man.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join